George Russell (2)

adrenaline
ˈdrɛn(ə)lɪn/
noun
a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands that increases rates of blood circulation, breathing, and carbohydrate metabolism and prepares muscles for exertion.

Y/N - your name

I sit in my fire proof suite with my racing suite hanging on my hips as I stand by the mirror, braiding my hair in the bathroom. I split my hair into sections as I start, but my shaking hands make it difficult. I sigh in frustration as I start again. "Do you need some help?" Mia, my racing engineer, asked as I nodded at her.

"Let me sit on the sink so I can braid it properly." She said as I nodded. She sat on the sink as I stood between her legs so she could start. "You nervous?" She asked as I scoffed. "No. Not at all." I said in a sarcastic tone as she kicked my leg softly. "I'll stop braiding your hair." She said with a chuckle as I keep quiet.

"It's just... this track is so dangerous." I said with a huff. "Spa isn't for rookies." I said as I looked down as she reached lower down my hair. "Y/N, you'll be fine and you're in good hands. George was a rookie last year. He has been your mentor this whole time and I know for a fact he will be here for you now." She said as I nodded slightly.

George has been a big help. Being his racing partner has been an absolute joy. We became close friends, never leaving each other's sides. He also became my mentor along with Sebastian. George always calmed me down before a race whilst Sebastian gave me hints and tricks for the tack we were racing on. As time passed, I couldn't help seeing George in a different way. It was difficult when he would randomly come over to my house and ask to sleep over cause he was bored.

"And done!" Mia said as I sighed. "You're a life savor." I said as she gave me a wink. "Is it alright?" She asked as I faced the mirror. My hair was in a tight French plait. "Perfect. The helmet will ruin it anyway." I said with a smile as she smiled back. "Now calm down. You're making me nervous." She said as she placed her hands on my shoulders and gave it a squeeze.

"Go and hydrate and get all your gear on. The race is starting soon." She said as she walked away. I look at myself in the mirror. I let out a shaggy sigh as I walk out the bathroom. Everyone was moving quickly, getting all the last preparations ready. "Hey Y/N!" Alex said as he walked passed. "Hey Alex. Why you here?" I asked as he turned around to face me. "I was just chatting to George. He's looking for you by the way." He said with a wink as I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Alex. Good luck!" I shouted as he walked away. I walked towards George's back room too see him seated on his massage bed. He looks up and smiles as he sees me. "Hey you. Where have you been?" He asked as he stood up. "I was in the bathroom." I said as he gave me a soft smile. "I can see you're nervous, love." He said as I blushed at his comment. I loved it when he called me love.

"It's just... this is the track with one of the most dangerous corners in F1." I said as I plonked myself on the chair in the room. He walked towards me and bent down in front of me. "I'm almost certain you will be perfectly fine. I have faith in you Y/N. You now need to have faith in yourself too." He said as I looked into his eyes. He gave me a smile as I smiled back. "Now let's go. We need to take a kneel." He said as I nodded.

We walked into our garage and we were given our "Black lives matter" shirts and our masks. We walked to where everyone else was and stood in the two rows. I was stood next to Lando Norris and Lewis Hamilton in the front as I was too short to stand with George at the back. I take a kneel and I lift my arm up along with Lewis.