Lance Stroll (4)

learning
/ˈːnɪŋ/
noun
the acquisition of knowledge or skills through study, experience, or being taught.

Y/N - your name

I smile as I hear the front door open, indicating that Lance was finally home. I stand up off the couch and pause the show I'm watching. I walk to the front door as Lance stands there with a massive smile on his face. "Y/N!" He shouts from excitement as he wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up, twirling me around in circles. "I've missed you so much." I mumble into the crook of his neck.

He pulls away and places his lips on mine. "I've missed you too, love." He says against my lips which causes me to smile. "So what are you doing?" He asks as he puts me down. He grabs his suitcase on the floor and takes it to our shared bedroom. "I'm just watching TV." I say as he nods and looks back at me as I lean against the door frame. "Nice shirt. Where did you get it?" He asks with a smirk as I lightly blush. I look down at Lances oversized shirt hanging off my tiny frame.

"Sorry I didn't ask." I say but he shakes his head and walks towards me. He places his hands on my hips and puts his forehead against mine, "You never have to ask beautiful." He says. I smile and kiss his lips once more. "Wanna watch TV for the rest of the day?" He asks. I nod and pull away form him. "Do we have snacks?" He asks as we walk down the stairs to the TV room. I shake my head no as he sighs.

"Would you mind going to the shops and getting something? I would go but I'm really tired." He says with a small yet tired smile on his lips. I feel the blood rush to my cheeks and look down, "What's wrong?" He asks as we take a seat on the couch. "I... I don't know how to drive." I say softly and I look down. "How? You have your license don't you?" He asks as I nod.

"But only for an automatic car and we don't have an automatic car." I say as I refer to his manual car. "It's okay babe. There's nothing to be ashamed of." He says as he places his arm around me. It's silent for awhile as I lay in his arms. "How about I teach you how to drive a manual today?" Lance questions but I shake my head in response. "I don't think that's a good idea. I don't wanna damage your car." I say and look into his brown eyes.

"We'll go somewhere remote. I'd love to teach you." He says with a smile stretching from ear to ear. I sigh and shake my head, "I don't know why I'm agreeing to this but let's go." I say as I stand up and grab myself a pair of shoes by the door. "Let's go!" He exclaims, clearly excited, as he walks out the door and to his car.

I follow him to his car as he opens the drivers side for me. "Okay so you're very short so you're gonna have to fix the seat." He says with a smirk as I smile at him. "You're just tall." I mumble as I sit down and adjust the seat forward and the seat higher up. Lance sits next to me in the passenger side as he looks at me, "Where we need to go is a few minutes from here. Think you can drive there?" He asks but I shake my head.

"No I don't think I can." I say but he shakes his head. "You can trust me. It's basically down the road." He says as I nod, feeling the nerves start forming. "Are you sure?" I ask as he nods. "Would I ever lie to you?" He questions with a smirk. I scoff, "You've lied to me before." "But with good intentions." He says as I roll my eyes. "Okay so place your foot on the clutch and start the car." He says as I nod and do what I'm told.

"Great. Now put your foot on the break and clutch, put the car in first gear, and pull the hand break down." He says. I do what I'm told as I look at him. His smile is big as he admires me, "Stop admiring me and help me." I say with a small giggle. He chuckles and points to where we need to go. "Okay so put your foot on the accelerator. Lift the clutch up when you press on the accelerator as well to the "dead zone". Because we are going such a short distance, you'll only need to go up to second gear." He says as I nod and more forward.

The drive to the remote place is beyond a nightmare. "I stalled again!" I shout as Lance laughs next to me. "It's not funny! Ugh, this is so embarrassing." I say as I start the car, once again. "Babe, it's alright. Just turn left and we will be there." He says as I turn left. I turn a bit too sharply as I feel myself hit the curb. I look at Lance with big eyes as he shakes his head but with a smile on his face.

I park the car and jump out quickly to look at the damage. I put my hand over my mouth as I look at the scratch on the bottom of the car. Lance gets out the car as he looks at me. "I'm so sorry." I say as I feel tears spring to my eyes. "Hey, no it's okay! It's so small and easily fixable. Please don't cry." He says as he wraps his arms around me. "I'm so sorry." I say again as his hands rub my back.

"Don't be sorry, princess." He says as he pulls away and kisses my cheek. "Okay so, now we are gonna practice gear changes and when and when not you have to use your clutch." He says as he walks back to the passenger side. "Wait, you really want me to continue driving even though I damaged your car?" I question as he stared at me with a toothy grin. "Of course. You've gotta learn somehow." He says as I shake my head. "You're crazy." I say and walk back to the drivers side. "Yup. Crazy for you."

-

I park the car back at our shared house with a massive smile. "Yay! You did well." Lance says as I smile at him. "Thank you Lance." I say as I unbuckle myself and wrap my arms around my boyfriend. "Anything for my girl." He says, making my heart do flips. I pull away and stare into his eyes. "I love you." I say. His hand caresses my cheek which makes me lean into his touch, "I love you too, Y/N. A lot." Lance says as he leans forward and places his lips on mine for a sweet kiss.

*****

So I'm learning how to drive and my fucking god WHY IS IT SO HARD??? I drove home yesterday and it was BEYOND a nightmare. I was so stressed and all my friends were watching me. Smh. That's where this inspiration came from btw. Hope y'all enjoyed! xx