Lando Norris (23)

communication
/kəmjuːnɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium

Y/N - your name

I smile wide at my boyfriend, engulfing him in a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you. P4 at your own home Grand Prix is amazing." I say as he stiffens in my grip. I frown a little, looking up to have Lando looking away from me. "Uhh, yeah. Thanks, Y/N." he says before pulling himself out of my grip and walking to the McLaren crew. I let out a defeated sigh, somewhat getting used to this behavior this whole weekend.

Lando is a shy boy, I'm pretty sure all of us know that. When we started dating, it took him forever to finally be okay to kiss. He barely spoke to me when we first started going out. I was basically the only one whoever spoke which was frustrating. I almost ended it, but I knew I had to be patient. Luckily, it did workout in the end. Well, at least a little bit.

Lando become a lot more comfortable talking to me when it's just the two of us. Lando at home is the Lando we all see when he is around Carlos. I'm glad I finally got him to open his shell around me a little but he is still working on it in public. Normally, I wouldn't feel like this. But from the public eye, our relationship didn't look healthy. To be fair, I didn't care what others had to say, but it was just a little bit embarrassing at times. Like now, when he looked so uncomfortable hugging is own girlfriend.

I walk to his drivers room, not even bothering to follow him knowing damn well he'd just ignore me like he has been the whole weekend. I wasn't allowed to walk hand in hand with him at all, I wasn't allowed to kiss or hug him and if I did, it was the exact same stiff reaction I got a moment ago. I get it, but at the same time it's annoying. I open the door and sit down on the couch, playing on my phone for a lot of the time.

A soft knock on the door catches my attention. "Come in." I call out as Charlotte, Charles girlfriend, walks in with a small smile. "Hey, sorry to bother you, but myself and a few of the other WAGS are gonna get something to drink. Would you like to join? I can see that Lando isn't spending much time with you so I just wanna help make you feel a little better." She says as she sits next to me.

"That's actually so kind of you. Yeah, he just doesn't like expressing our relationship in the public eye." I say as she nods her head. "I understand. Charles was the same at the beginning of our relationship." She says as she rubs my thigh in a comforting manner. "Yeah but it's been almost a year now with Lando. I thought he would've relaxed a bit. I know it sounds selfish but it's just annoying sometimes.' I say as she nods her head.

"Well, lets get a few drinks with the other girls. It will sure take your mind off of it." She says standing up and offering me her hand. "Thanks Charlotte. I'll just let Lando know." I say as I take her hand. We walk out as she waves at Charles. "I'll be in the Ferrari garage. Just come to me when you're ready." She says giving me a hug. I thank her and walk to Lando who is in the McLaren garage chatting to Daniel.

"Hey Y/N. How you doing?" Daniel asks straight away as I arrive. We give each other a friendly hug, "I'm doing great thanks. Congrats on your P5." I say as I stand next to Lando, seeing him already tensed up. "Thank you! I'll leave you two love birds and go and cry in single." He says and walks away, making me laugh. "Uhh, babe. I'm just gonna go out with the other girls if that's okay?" I ask as he sighs.

"You're seriously gonna leave me here? That doesn't look good." He states with a shrug. I scoff, "But being uncomfortable whilst I hug you isn't? It's not like you'll miss me. You've barely spent any time with me outside in the public eye. I get that you're shy, but it's embarrassing at times. I'll see you later. I love you.' I state before walking away towards Charlotte.

I didn't bother looking back, which was good because if Lando wanted to talk he would've called for me to come back. I wave at Charlotte as she nods, kissing her boyfriend goodbye. Oh how I wish it could be like that with Lando. She gives me a sympathetic smile as she sees the sad expression on my lips. "Come, the other girls are excited to spend time with you." She says as we walk over to a group of girls waiting outside the Williams garage.

Carmen, Sara, and Isa are standing with each other, chatting much to better. "And Y/N is here girls!" Charlotte exclaims as we all chuckle at her. "Lets go get a drink. I think we all need one." Carmen says as I nod, probably needed one the most. "Is Charles okay? He looks so down because of the race." Sara says as Charlotte shrugs, "He is proud but mad that he missed it by such a small margin." She says as we all nod. "But enough about our boyfriends, lets talk girl nonsense." Sara says as we nod, giggling like little girls as we walk to a big SVU that Charlotte called.

Lando's POV

I watch Y/N walk away in a defeated manner. I sigh, angry at myself for the way I have been treating her this whole race weekend. "Trouble in paradise?" Daniel asks as he slings his arm around my shoulders. "I thought you were gonna go cry in single?" I ask as he scoffs, "Please, I just like making Y/N laugh. She looked a little down. Is everything okay?" He asks as I shake my head no.

"You don't have to tell me but I can give pretty good advice." He says as I smile up at him. "It's just, I haven't been that affectionate in public. I just feel uncomfortable knowing that people are seeing the intimate side of us. I thought it wasn't bothering Y/N but it is. She just told me how it's embarrassing." I say as Daniel nods his head.

"I see where she's coming from. She probably just wants to show her love for you like most people do. She just doesn't feel as uncomfortable in public as you. I think maybe you should just talk to her. I'm not saying you must have sex in public, but maybe hold her hand and give her a hug. That's probably all she wants." Dan says as I nod my head. "I'll talk to her about it tonight." I say as I motion towards her walking with Charlotte.

-

Your POV

I laugh with the girls, enjoying this little time with them. We aren't all that close, but we all share a few common things amongst us. It was nice getting away from my life and being able to have some girl time. We all finish paying before walking out the restaurant. "Right, I should head home." Carmen says as we all nod in agreement. "Nice thing about England is we are all basically a 5 minute walk from home." Sara says as we nod in agreement.

"Bye girls. Thanks for this." I say as we have a small group hug. "Love you girls. And Y/N, just chat to Lando. I know he isn't doing this on purpose.' Charlotte says as I nod and smile at them. We all say one last goodbye and walk home or to our hotels. The walk to Lando's is only a few minutes, being very nice as I needed the fresh summer air. The sun was just starting to set, littering the sky with patches of orange, purple and blue.

When I arrive home, I get myself ready for the argument bound to follow. I open the door to see Lando on the couch, fast asleep. I smile at the sight, finding him the cutest when he sleeps. I walk towards him and sling the blanket from the side of the couch over him. By doing this, he wakes up and smiles up at me.

"We should talk." He says but I shake my head. "We don't need too. I understand why you acted the way you did." I say but he just shakes his head. "The way I acted wasn't right. Yeah, I'm shy but I shouldn't have been that uncomfortable. You're my girlfriend and I should show more affection towards you. I love you after all." He says which forms a smile on my lips.

I lean down and press my lips down to his, "I love you too." I say. He pulls me down and throws the blanket over both of us. "I think a nap and cuddle session is a nice way to say sorry." He says as I nod in agreement. I hold his waist tightly as we both drift off to sleep at the sound of each other's breathing and the soft sound from the TV.

*****

This is good and bad but rn I can't seem to find cool imagines to write. But I still hope y'all liked it. Stay safe lovies xx