(R) Fernando Alonzo (1)

family
/ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/
noun
a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit

Request: Hi! If you could please do a cute family story with Fernando Alonzo - Anonymous

Y/N - your name

A tickling sensation and a chorus of giggles wakes me up from my deep sleep. My eyes flutter open, struggling to adjust to the light, but I'm forced too as I feel a kiss to my cheek. "Good morning mommy." My 6 year old son, Fernando Jr, says with a big grin. "Good morning sweetie.' I say as I sit up in bed, smiling wider as I see my 4 year old struggling to balance a tray as she slowly walks towards me.

The tray is filled with a plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes and a cup of coffee. "And what's all of this for?" I question as I grab the tray from my daughter, Angela, before she drops it and place it next to me. "Daddy said we need to thank you for helping us throughout lockdown with our schoolwork." Fernando Jr answers as I smile towards the doorframe where my husband is leaning on the white frame.

"You've been working your ass off at work and with school with these two monkeys. It's only fair we say thank you." Fernando says as I smile up at my husband. "Thanks guys. I love you all very much.' I say as I pull my kids in for a wet kiss on the cheek. "Come guys, let's give mommy some time to eat and get you two dressed for school." Fernando says as my kids follow him to their shared bedroom.

With covid, I've had to look after the kids for over a year now. Our local school advised us to stay at home longer than other schools as they didn't wanna risk any outbreaks. But now with the infections slowing down and the roll out of the vaccines, the kids were back off too school today. I wasn't gonna join them, needing some much needed sleep after a long shift last night, but I'm glad they woke me up because it's made me realize how much I'd love to see them run off into the school halls with all their friends.

I eat my breakfast as I hear the three move around upstairs. I hear snippets of their conversation, having a small laugh at some of the things my son asks Fernando. Once I'm finished, I quickly get dressed in a simple shirt and a pair of jeans before putting my hair up in a messy bun and brushing my teeth. Whilst I'm brushing my teeth, I hear Fernando walk into the room.

He quickly gets dressed, puts on a pair of sweatpants and a lose shirt before slipping into the bathroom. He smiles at me through the mirror as I nod towards him, not able to smile with my toothbrush in my mouth. Fernando slips his arms around my waist, pressing soft kisses on my neck as I finish off with my teeth. "And all this love?" I ask once rinsing my mouth out.

"Just saying thank you." He says as he steps beside me and starts brushing his teeth. "You've also been a massive help. When you're home, you've been doing the dishes and cooking meals. It's really nice." I say as I lean over and press a kiss to his cheek. I walk out of the bathroom and get the last of my things ready before walking with my tray to the kitchen and placing everything in the dishwasher.

"Ready kids?" Fernando asks as I hear pitter patter down the stairs. "Got everything?" I ask them as they nod their head. "Perfecto, lets get going." I say as my little boy smiles up at me, "You're coming with?" He asks as I nod, "Since you two woke me up so nicely, I just had too." I say before pressing a kiss to his head and then to my daughter's head. "Come on, you two. Lets get you back to school." I say as they cheer, missing their friends.

The drive feels much shorter than it normally is, filled with laughter and loud chatter as we make our way to school. As per usual, our son is filled with a bunch of dad jokes that he learnt from Fernando, making my husband prouder than he'd like to admit.

On arrival, I see many parents bidding their kids goodbye, tears threatening to fall from their eyes. I'm sure everyone parent can agree that even though our kids gave us grief, we would miss their presence at home. Fernando parks the car in the parking lot as we all get out, placing our masks on, before making our way to the entrance.

Fernando Jr and Angela stop and turn towards us as myself and Fernando kneel down, "Okay guys, we need you two to be safe. Even though we have the vaccines, it means nothing. We love you very much and want you two to be safe." Fernando says as our kids nod their heads. "We promise mommy and daddy.' Angela says as I feel myself smile at her words. "And what do we do every time we walk into class?" I ask as they sigh, "Sanitize." They say in sync making me chuckle.

Myself and Fernando press a kiss to each of their cheeks. "Love you guys." I say as they smile wide, "Love you too mommy and daddy. See you later!" They shout as they run into the school grounds. Myself and Fernando stand up, watching our kids fun to their friends and give them "air fives" as Fernando Jr called them. "Wow, I'm gonna miss them.' Fernando says as I nod my head, "Me too, hubby.' I say as I feel his arm wrap around my waist.

I lean my head on his shoulder as I feel Fernando press a kiss to my forehead, "At least we have some along time now." He comments making me laugh. "I guess we do." I say with a smirk on my lips. "In the car, now." He says as we run to the car like little kids, just like we did when we first met 10 years ago.

*****

This is cute. Stay safe lovies xx