(P) Mick Schumacher (9)

clothing
/ˈkləʊðɪŋ/
noun
clothes collectively.

"Stop wearing my hoodies!"
"Why?"
"Because I know I'll never get them back!"

"Are you ready, Y/N?" My racing engineer, Peter, asks as I nod my head. "I'm so ready for my debut. I am beyond excited for this." I answer back with a massive smile spread across my face. "I can see you're not the only one who is excited." Peter says as he points behind me. I look behind me to see Mick skipping along to me. He is in his Haas racing suite as he bounced his way towards me, almost knocking the tired in the heating blankets over because he's too busy focusing on me.

"How is my princess doing?" He asks as he wraps his arms around me. "Eww, relationships. See you on track, Y/N." Peter says as he walks off. "I'm nervous but can't wait." I say as he smiles widely. "Are you gonna pee your pants?" I ask as he is acting really giddy. "Yup!" He exclaims before he picks me up, turning me around. This catches the attention of everyone near us.

Paparazzi were taking pictures and the crowd were screaming "awe's" our way. "Put me down!" I exclaim whilst laughing. He puts me down immediately but with the biggest smile ever etched on his lips. "I'm just so happy for you. I never thought I'd be so happy that Sebastian would be sick." He says as I roll my eyes. "By the way, he sends his love too you. He is super happy that you're getting a shot with driving. Just like me, he believes you're the next best thing." Mick continues as I smile. "Y/N, lets get ready for qualifying." Peter says as I nod. "I'll see you on the track, loser." I say before pressing my lips to Mick's. "See you, princess."

-

Qualifying was a success, snatching a P7. It wasn't amazing, but it's definitely not bad for a rookie. I get a bunch of congratulations but I'm unable to go and see Mick currently as he was doing interviews and I needed to finalize some things with Peter. I quickly rush off to my driver room, slipping out of my racing suite and slipping into a pair of high waisted blue jeans and an Aston Martin shirt.

Before I leave, I slip on one of Mick's hoodies I kept with me knowing it was gonna get very cold nearing the end of qualifying. I rush to Peter and get started on some finalizations for the race. "Was everything good with the car? Sorry to rush you now, it's just we want you to relax after the interviews whilst we work on the car." Peter explains but I just nod, "No problem. Thanks though." I answer flashing him and the team a wide smile.

"The car felt good. I did feel as if I was losing power on the straights. Nothing major but maybe just take a look at it." I answer as he writes it down on a notepad. "Anything else?" He asks as I walk to the car, "Could you check the ERS? I was using it with DRS but I felt like it wasn't working." I answer as he writes it down. "Great! That's all?" He double checks as I nod, "That's all. Thanks so much Peter. But if you can't fix it, no p-"

"Stop wearing my hoodies!" I hear Mick shout whilst I was talking. Peter gives me a sweet smile and walks off, happy with all the info he got. "Why?" I ask Mick with a cheeky grin. "Because I know I'll never get them back!" He shouts as I roll my eyes but laugh at the German. "Just because you said that, I'm gonna take every hoodie you own." I say as I nudge him. "Even my Haas hoodie?" He questions as I frown, "Okay, maybe not all of them." I explain before he pushes me slightly.

"Ready to go home?" He asks linking his arm with mine. "Not yet, gotta finish my interviews." I say as I start making my way to where they were being held. "Must I wait for you in the car?" He asks as I shrug, "It's up too you. I don't mind you joining me." I answer as he nods with a smile, "I guess I'm joining you then." He says as he skips with me to the reporter.

-

"Oh my god!" I exclaim as I cross the finish line. "P3! P3! Well done, Y/N! Fantastic racing out there." Peter says over the radio as I shake my head, tears welling up in my eyes. "Thank you guys for this opportunity. I just need a minute." I say before shutting the radio off. This was always my dream and I was able to show everyone what I'm capable of. All the haters saying I couldn't do it because I'm a woman, what's their excuse now?

"Y/N, you're the driver of the day. Congratulations, hun! How was it driving a F1 car?" Natalie asks across the radio. "Thanks so much, Nat. It was an amazing experience and I hope I get to do it again." I answer as I turn the last corner. "We are all so proud of you, even Mick who had a DNF. I hope we see you soon in the sport officially, Y/N. Well done once again." She answers before the radio shuts off.

I drive to the P3 spot before switching everything off. I get out the car and make a b-line to the crew, engulfing them in a tight hug. I see Mick behind them and attack him with a massive hug as well. "I'm so proud of you." He answers, rubbing my shoulder. "I love you." I answer as he smiles wide. "Take this god damn helmet off so I can kiss you already." He answers making me chuckle.

I take everything off before smashing my lips to his. "Now go and enjoy that podium, my girl." He says as I nod. "This is for you and your father. I hope he knows that." I say lowly as he smiles. "I know and I know he knows that too." He says before attaching his lips to mine for another magical kiss on a special day.

*****

How did a hoodie lead to winning a race? Idk but now you have it! Stay safe lovies xx