Carlos Sainz (3) pt2

repair
/rɪˈpɛː/
verb
restore (something damaged, faulty, or worn) to a good condition.

Y/N - your name

I was asked for a part two by quite a few people so here it is!

I smile down at my little baby girl with tears in my eyes. "She is beautiful, darling." My mother says next to me which I nod too. "She really is." I say as I lightly rub the pad of my thumb on her cheek, caressing it softly. "She's got your lips." She says, making me chuckle. But my smile disappears as I realize she has so many characteristics that screamed Carlos.

Her eyes were dark like his, with stunning lashes like Carlos too. She even had his nose. I push those negative thoughts out of my mind and smile down at my new baby girl. "So what are you gonna name her?" She asks to which I shrug. "I don't know. Myself and Carlos always spoke about having kids and that if we had a baby girl, we would name her Isabella but..." I trail off but my mom nods, "I understand hunny. Come up with a fun name. Worth a shot." She says with a smile. I nod and thank her.

"I'm gonna head out and allow you some time with your baby. Get some rest love." She says as she presses a sweet kiss to my sweaty forehead. I nod and thank her as I watch her walk out of the room. The nurse came in and gave me a warm smile, "How are you feeling?" She asks and I answer her with a loud yawn. "Never mind." She says with a laugh. "So we gonna take your baby girl to do all the checks. It's gonna take awhile so get your beauty rest." She says, giving me a sweet smile.

I nod and hand her my baby girl. "Have you decided on a name yet, miss?" She asks. I shake my head no, "Not a problem! It's difficult to find the perfect name." She says as she gives me a small wave and walks out of the room. I finally let my eyes close and fall asleep, exhausted after the days events.

-

I wake up to soft chatter in my room. Before I even fully open my eyes, I already know who is in my room. My eyes shoot open as I stare at the man that broke my heart 9 months ago, Carlos. He is seated with our daughter cradled in his arms as he sings to her in Spanish, most likely a Spanish lullaby. He laughs, causing her to giggle, making my heart melt at the sight.

He looks up and sees that I'm awake. "Look baby girl, mama is up." He says as he points to me. I give him a sad smile as he stands up and places her in my arms. It's silent for awhile whilst I hold her in my arms as she slowly falls asleep. "Umm, so ahh... how have you been?" Carlos asks. I look up at him and shrug, "Could've been better but yeah all good." I say, looking away from him.

"Listen, I think we should talk." He says making me scoff, "Talk about what? How you fell in love with another women and left your pregnant fiancé? The only reason you're back here is cause you know you fucked up and you only want our daughter in your life." I say as I choke on my words, trying my utter best to not burst into tears. I sigh and look down.

"I messed up real bad, Y/N. I know I messed up because since the day you left, I haven't been me. I shouldn't have left you. I'm not here to ask for you back, even though that's all I want is for you to be mine again. To be my fiancé. But I'm mainly here to ask for forgiveness and to be able to see my daughter." He says as a single tear falls down his cheek which he immediately wipes away.

"But you weren't here during the pregnancy. You weren't here when I could barely walk up and down stairs. You weren't here when I went into labor. You weren't here and that's the problem." I say as I feel tears fall down my cheeks. "I'm sorry." "No, you're not!" I shout but soon regret it as our daughter starts crying. I sigh and shush her, rocking her in my arms which was proving to be unsuccessful.

After about 10 minutes, I was already tired of being a mother. I sigh, feel tears wanting to fall down my face as I always cry when I'm overwhelmed. "Here, let me take her." Carlos offers with a small smile. I hand him the small baby as he pulls her close and hushes her and sings her that lullaby once again. With in minutes, she is fast asleep, snuggling into her fathers chest.

I sigh, awing at the sight. I sigh, "Carlos, I'm giving you one last chance. Please, for our daughters sake, don't mess it up this time." I say as I stare at the tall Spaniard. He smiles from ear to ear as he leans down and places his lips on mine for the first time in 9 months. He pulled away after a few seconds so that he didn't wake up our daughter. "Thank you. I'm sorry and I'll forever be sorry. I don't know what was going on with my head." He says whilst shaking his head.

"So what happened to that girl?" I ask whilst scratching the back of my neck. "I left her after about a month. I wasn't happy because she wasn't you." He says with a small smile, making me smile. "I missed you." He finally says after a minute or two of silence. "I missed you too." I say as I give him a small smile.

I pat the space next to me once I've shifted, "Come lay down." He smiles at me and sits down on the hospital bed with our daughter in his arms. I cuddle into his arms as I hold our baby and caress her cheek. "So what is her name?" He asks as he looks at me. I look up at him with a massive smile, "I hadn't decided until right now." I say as he lifts his eyebrows, "So?" He questions.

"Her name is Isabella." I say with a smile, making him smile and kiss my lips softly.

*****

Hey guys! I'm sorry for all the little updates but mahn exams have been tricky. I've also been focusing on the Premier League book as I have received a bunch of requests but I needed to do this chapter ASAP. Thank you all so much for the support. Ily ❤️