Callum Ilott (1)

curiosity
/kjʊərɪˈɒsɪti/
noun
a strong desire to know or learn something.

Y/N- your name

"Don't do it! You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat!" My best friend, Callum, shouts at me as I'm about to run into the dark tunnel. "I'm not a cat, Callum!" I shout as I run into the dark tunnel. "It's a figure of speech, Y/N!" He shouts after me.

I take out my flashlight out of my back pocket and turn it on and start exploring the deep and dark tunnel. "Y/N, please just stay close." He says as he basically stands on top of me. "You scared?" I question as I turn around and look into his dilated eyes because of the darkness. "No. I just don't want you to hurt yourself." He says with a small smile.

"As cute as that is, I can see you're scared." I say with a slight chuckle, blushing at his comment. "Well, we are in a dark tunnel where we can get killed by a clown so obviously I'm a bit nervous to be in this tunnel." He says making me chuckle. "A clown?" I question with my eyebrows raised. "Did you not watch IT?" He questions making me chuckle. "That was a fictional movie. Not a movie based on true events." I say as I pat his shoulder.

"How do you know? Have you ever seen him in real life?" He questions making me roll my eyes. "No I haven't." I say and carry on walking further into the tunnel with Callum on my tail. "Exactly! So you don't know if he is really real." He says with a small smile on his face, happy to prove a point. "Callum, the fact that I've never seen him also proves that he doesn't exist." I say making him roll his eyes.

"Not necessarily." He says making me sigh. "Just shh." I say with a slight giggle. A loud creek makes myself and Callum stop in our tracks. "What was that?" He questions as I feel his breath on my neck. "Hopefully nothing. Maybe it's an animal?" I question with a shrug as I continue to walk forward. "How, after a god damn sound that creeps me and I'm sure you out, you want to continue walking further into the tunnel?" He questions making me sigh. "Callum, you don't need to come in with me. I understand that you're scared." I say making him scoff.

"I refuse to leave you alone in here, Y/N. You mean way to much for me to leave you alone. You can get hurt, kidnapped, raped and or killed in here. Why would I risk losing you?" He questions making me smile and blush. "Thanks Callum." I say as I grab his hand and squeeze it. He smiles down at me until a deep chuckle catches our attention. Our heads snap forward and look into the tunnel, being met with darkness as we couldn't see that far even with our flashlight.

"Hello?" I question making Callum smack my shoulder. I look at him with a frown, "What?" I whisper shout as he glares down at me. "You never say that! What is wrong with you?" He whisper shouts at me making me roll my eyes. "Wanna play a game?" We ear the voice question us making my blood go icy. "No thanks." I say making Callum chuckle, "Nice one Y/N. He is totally gonna listen to that." He says making me sigh. "At least I was polite." I say making him and I chuckle. Only the two of us could make a serious and scary situation funny.

"I don't take no for an answer." The deep voice answers back. "Run." He says making my eyes go wide as we see a dark figure dressed as a clown run towards us. Myself and Callum scream as we both take off in the other direction, running for our lives. As we reach the end of the tunnel, we run up the hill and towards his car but I unfortunately trip over a rock and fall to the ground, scraping my knee in the process.

I wince in pain as Callum turns around and quickly picks me up bridal style and basically throws me in the passenger side as he gets in the driver side and starts the car, speeding off. I look in the side mirror to see the clown figure waving us goodbye and walk back to his tunnel making me cringe at the sight. "Y/N, are you okay?" Callum asks me as he looks over at me, concern in his eyes.

"Yeah I am. Thanks for helping me." I say as he smiles. "See, that's exactly why I didn't leave you." He says making me smile. "I'm sorry for taking you in there." I say as he sighs, "Did I shit myself? Yes, but I'm not mad at you. In the end, I came in with you so I'm just at fault." He says making me chuckle. "Let's go back to mine and then we can clean you up and watch cartoons for the whole night cause I don't see us sleeping." He says making me chuckle and nod my head. "I can't believe an actual clown chased us." I say, chuckling. "See! And you didn't believe me." He says with a smile on his lips.

After a short drive, we arrive back at his home. I open my side of the door, attempting to step outside but a sharp pain makes me stop. "I'll carry you." Callum says as he stands in front of me. I smile at him as he picks me up with ease and carries me into his home and into his bathroom. He places me in the counter top as he grabs the antiseptic ointment as well as the cleaning solution.

He places the solution on a cloth and then on my knee making me wince in pain. "I'm happy you're okay, despite the scratch." He says making me smile. He looks up at me and gives a small smile. "I'm glad you're okay too. I don't know how I would've reacted if you were hurt." I say. He rubs my thigh with his free hand comfortingly making goosebumps arise on my skin.

He stands up and throws the cloth in the wash and then places the ointment on my knee. He stand up straight and looks into my eyes making me go weak. "Um, ugh screw it." He says making me frown but before I could say anything his lips were placed on mine. I blink a few times to make sure this is real. I lean further into the kiss, my hands grabbing his neck and pulling him closer into him.

His hands grab my waist as he sighs in contempt making me smile into the kiss. I pull away as we rest our foreheads on each other. "That was..." he trails off making me giggle, "Amazing." I finish his sentence making him smile. "Let's go cuddle." He says as he pulls away. I nod my head as he helps me off the counter and helps me to his couch where we cuddle watching cartoons until we both fall asleep in the early morning, fatigue taking over our bodies despite our fears.

*****

More non F1 drivers and I'm not mad at that. Callum is such a snack honestly (but is taken sigh). I hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe xx