(R) Max Verstappen (6)

comfort
/ˈkʌmfət/
noun
a state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint.

Y/N - your name

Request for rafesluva Thank you love! Hope you enjoy ❤️

I wince as I see Max's tire pop and him going spinning into the gravel. I sigh in relief as I see him not tumble over. He gets out of the car and kicks the tire, obviously angry that it gave up on him and cost him P2. I see him make his way back to the pit lane, most likely to have a talk with Christian and to cool off in his driver room.

I switch off the TV, not wanting to watch the remainder of the race since my boyfriend wouldn't be driving in it any longer. To pass the time until Max arrives back at the hotel, I decide that I would go to the shops and buy him some of his favorite things in order to comfort him and put him in a better mood.

I honestly hated seeing him angry or sad. Not only did he go silent and that bothered me as I loved talking to him, but I also just hated the fact that he would always blame himself when it wasn't always his fault. He was struggling at RedBull and it sucks that I can't do anything about it since that isn't exactly my career.

I get off the hotel bed and make my way to the shops that were just across the street. I but him small things like his favorite sweets and drinks, despite his diet. I buy him a cute little lion that was orange, hoping to put him in a better mood with "his" colour.

Knowing that Max would be back at the hotel in roughly 30 minutes, I stop off at the Chinese restaurant and buy him and myself some dumplings and chicken Chow Mein (A/N - is that how you spell it?) I thank the kind lady as I start my journey back to the hotel room. I get there in a few minutes and place everything on the table. I get out of my coat, shirt and jeans get into one of his hoodies that was massive on my tiny body.

As I'm pulling on some shin length white Nike socks, the hotel door opens with a very sad looking Max stood by the door. I send him a sympathetic smile as I make my way to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He sighs and puts his head on mine. "That race sucked." He says making me chuckle. I pull away and look up into his dreamy blue eyes, "It's okay. We all have bad days. Next race is definitely yours." I say but he shakes his head.

"Babe, lately I'm just having such bad races. P2! I was in P2 and ended up with a DNF. It's like the world doesn't want me to succeed for the remainder of the season." He says, his head dropping down to look at his shoes. I sigh and lift his chin up to my height, which wasn't by much, and smile at him, "Trust me, the universe loves you too much to do that too you. You're just having some problems. You're human and so is the team so it's normal for this to happen. I promise everything will fall into place soon. At least you're not at Ferrari." I say making him chuckle.

"This is why I'm so in love with you." He says as he leans in and places his lips on mine for a passionate kiss. "I love you too. Now come, I don't care if you have a diet, we eating Chinese and sweets." I say and pull on his hand to follow me further into the small hotel room. "I shouldn't." He starts saying but I shake my head. "I can safely say that one cheat night won't ruin your career." I say as I open the food, sighing in satisfaction at the smell.

He chuckles, "Fine. Let me just change quickly." He says as I feel him kiss my cheek quickly before walking off and putting a hoodie and sweat pants on. As I finish dishing us some food into a proper plate, I feel his hands snake around my waist. I giggle as he squeezes my waist, "Wanna watch some Netflix?" He asks as I nod. "Sure. You know what show to put on." I say as I grab our food and take it to the bed. "Oh, by the way, I got you a gift." I say as I point at the lion. "You're so cute." He says with a slight chuckle.

He puts Friends on the TV and then sits next to me in bed. We dive into our food whilst watching Friends. Once we finish, Max takes the dishes and places them into the small sink in our room and lays back down on the bed and pulls me into his chest. "Thank you for trying to make me feel better." He says whilst I feel him press a kiss to my forehead.

"Did I succeed?" I question as I look up into his eyes. "Yes, yes you did." He says, sending me a large smile making me laugh at him. "So are we leaving tomorrow?" I question as I rest my head on his chest, listening to his slow, calm heartbeat. "I was thinking maybe we can spend a few days here. It's a really nice country." He says making me smile. "I'd like that." I say looking up at him.

"We need a romantic get away." He says making me chuckle. "We really do, don't we?" I question remembering last years getaway which was the best holiday I've ever been on. "And we will obviously have some romantic nights." He says, sending me a cheeky wink. "Normally I would smack you but you're not lying." I say, sending him a wink myself making him chuckle.

"We could start those romantic nights tonight..." he trails off as he looks down at me with lust filled eyes. "Hmm, I guess we could." I say smiling as he says a quiet, "Oh yes." Making me giggle before he places his lips on mine, starting the night off.

*****

I used to hate Chinese and now I look back and I'm like lmao. That shit is so god damn good. Their chicken is heavenly (I really want Chinese). I hope you enjoy and again thank you for the request! Stay safe lovies xx