George Russell (5)

crash
/kraʃ/
verb
(of a vehicle) collide violently with an obstacle or another vehicle.

Y/N - your name

I give my boyfriend of 5 months a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek and look up at him, "Good luck out there Jack Russell." I say making him scoff, "You really need to stop using that nickname. I preferred baby or babe." He says making me giggle. "Go get your first point baby." I say as I step on my tippy toes and place my lips on his. "See you at the finish line." He says as he walks off and gets into his Williams car. I wave him goodbye as he drives off and onto the grid.

-

"Oh my god, George." I say with my head in my hands as I watch George spin off into the wall. "I'm so sorry guys. I can't- I'm sorry." I hear him on the radio making my heart break. "It's okay George. Just head back." His race engineer says with a sad smile on his lips. "There goes his first point." He says making me and the rest of his team sigh. "I hope he's okay." I say as I feel his race engineer pat me on my back.

"I'm sure he is physically okay but I think mentally he isn't gonna be alright for awhile. I mean, he probably thinks we are so mad at him but these things happen. The car is very difficult to control, I hope he knows that." He says as I smile at him sadly.

I look back at the screen to see him seated on the ground with his head held low. I feel my heart shatter at the sight, sad that he lost his points to something that could've been avoided and that was ultimately his fault. He gets up and walks to the scooter that the marshal would take him back on. I stand up and walk to his racing room, waiting for him there rather than anywhere else.

I wait a few minutes until the door is flung open by a very angry and disappointed George. He walks in and slams the door shut, making me flinch at the loud bang. He looks at me, tears threatening to fall from his blue eyes. "George-" I start saying as I stand up but I'm cut off, "No, don't you dare say it's okay because it's not! I threw my first f1 point down the drain by such a stupid mistake. Not only did I let myself down, I let the team and most importantly you down. I'm so stupid." He says as he finally lets the tears fall down.

He goes to talk again but I shake my head and pull him into a tight hug. "Shhh, calm down. Let it all out it's okay." I say as he sobs into the crook of my neck. We stand like that for what feels like hours until he pulls away and looks down at me. "I'm so sorry." He says again but I shake my head and grab his head in my hands, cupping his cheeks, "Don't be sorry. Babe, mistake happen. Yeah sure, you didn't control the car as well as you could've but in the end, those cars are so difficult that what happened to you could've happened to anyone." I say as I wipe the tears falling from his eyes with the pad of my thumb.

"I can't believe it." He says as he looks down. "It's okay. You have every right to be angry and sad but just know that mistakes happen. The important thing now is how you recover from this. Don't let this little mistake define your future. You will do well after this. Take this as a learning curve and now know that if you're behind the safety car that you mustn't do what you did." I say as he chuckles softly.

"Thank you, babe." He says with a small smile on his lips. "Pleasure Jack Russell. Now go and get your interviews done so that we can go back to the hotel and cuddle and finally forget what happened, okay?" I question as he nods. "I love you." He says as he leans down and places his lips on mine for a short kiss. "I love you too." I say to him, as I lean in once again and kiss his lips for another short kiss.

-

Myself and George walk, hand in hand, into the hotel room and fling ourselves onto the bed. He sighs and grabs the remote, switching the TV on. Murphy's law, George's crash played on SkySports making him sigh and watch his crash. I grab the remote out of his hand and switch the channel, "No. you're not watching that again." I say as he sighs and nods, "I know. Sorry." He says.

I shake my head, "No need to be sorry. Be careful." I warn him jokingly as I wink at him. He rolls his eyes with a small smile playing on his lips. He pulls me closer as we cuddle for a little bit until I feel my stomach rumble, "Ugh I'm hungry. What do you want from room service?" I ask him as I sit up and grab the menu they gave us. "I'm not hungry." He says making my head snap towards him.

"You're always hungry." I say as I smile sympathetically at him. I put the menu down and crawl towards him and sit on his lap, "Babe, talk to me." I say as he sighs, "Babe I'm just sad alright. I'm sorry but after everything, I can't think straight. I'm so disappointed with myself. How did I do that?" He says shaking his head. I grab his hand and smile at him, "You have every right to be angry but you can't stop everything because of one small bump in the road. I promise if you eat, you'll feel better." I say as I small smile on my lips.

He is silent for awhile, "I'll have the chicken salad." He says making me smile, "There is my George." I say and sit up and grab the phone and order our food. I put the phone down after ordering and lay my head on his broad chest. "Thank you for comforting me, Y/N." he says as he draws shapes on the side of my leg. "It's my job." I jokingly say as he scoffs, "Kidding, kidding. Babe, no matter what, I'm always gonna be here to comfort you." I say as I look into his blue eyes.

"I love you." He says and leans down, kissing the top of my nose. "Love you too, Georgie." I say and lean in kissing his lips with a smile playing on both of our lips, knowing where this was heading as we waited for our room service.

*****

Okay, we love George and I'm sure everyone was saddened when he crashed. I felt like flipping my dining table that was in front of me. I can't wait until he gets his first point. Might just cry from joy. Hope y'all enjoyed xx