Lando Norris (5)

regret
/rɪˈɡrɛt/
verb
feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that one has done or failed to do).

Y/N - your name

Flashback

~

I look at my boyfriend, Lando, tears threatening to fall down my face as I show him my phone. "Why were you with Shannon?" I question Lando as I see the blood drain from his face, which indirectly answers my question. "I was just hanging out with her." He says, lying through his teeth. I bite my lip and look down at my hands. "I'm gonna ask you one more time and this time I want the truth. Why were you with Shannon?" I ask, gritting my teeth in anger.

He sighs as he looks down, not even bothering to answer me. "I thought so." I say, barely audible. I turn around, walking towards his apartment door until I feel his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back. "Y/N, please let me explain." He says, tears streaming down his cheeks. I shake my head and pull my hand out of his grasp. "You love her." I say, not even fully believing what was coming out of my own mouth.

"No, I don't!" He argues with me but I scoff in return. "Lando, you love her and in the end, there's nothing wrong with that. I refuse to stand in between you two." I say as I look down, not daring to look into his blue eyes knowing I would give in. "Y/N, please believe in me." He says, his voice breaking. I shake my head and look at him, confidence flowing through my veins, "Never speak to me again. It's over. Please don't try and get back together with me because you clearly never loved me enough anyway." I say and turn around.

Lando calls my name but I block his voice out and storm out of his apartment. He tries to grab hold of my hand but I just push him away, holding my tears back not wanting to let him see what he has done to me. The elevator eventually opens and I step in, Lando attempting to follow me but I just push him away. "Lando, please just leave me alone." I say softly as he looks at me, his eyes puffy and red. He sighs and steps outside. "I love you, Y/N." he says. "I love you too but I at least mean it." I say softly as the elevator door closes.

~

"Earth to Y/N!" My best friend, Victoria, shouts as I snap out of my trance and look at my best friend. "We need to go." She says as she walks towards the door. I sigh and stand up, following her outside into her car. "Vic, I don't think I can do this." I say softly as we stand outside her car. "Oh love." She says softly as she wraps her arms around me.

Victoria is Max's sister. I became friends with her once I left the U.K and moved to the Netherlands. I decided to move here for my studies but also so I could be as far away from Lando as possible. He tried his best to speak to me and get back together with me but I didn't budge. I met Victoria through one of my friends that I made in university and we instantly clicked.

I didn't know she was Max's sister as when myself and Lando dated, he wasn't in F1 yet. Even though I hated Lando for lying to me, I kept up to date with what he was doing. I was happy for him when he joined McLaren in F1 but now I regret it as Max invited myself and Vic to the race in Belgium.

"It will be alright! I promise I won't let anything happen." Vic says as I smile sadly at her. "Thanks Vic." I say as she rubs my shoulders comfortingly. "Now let's get going. We don't wanna be late for our flight." She says with a smile as she walks to the drivers side and hops in. I sigh and open the door, not wanting to possibly see Lando again.

-

FP1 came sooner than I thought and all the sudden, I was on my way with Victoria to the Spa track. My leg bounced with nerves as she drove us there whilst singing to her favorite songs. "We are here!" She shouts excitedly and jumps out of the car. I follower her as we walk into the building.

We walk to Max's drivers room and open it to see a focused Max doing his neck exercises. His trainer stops what he is doing so Max can give us a hug. "Victoria!" He shouts as he gives his sister a big hug. "And you must be Y/N?" He asks as I nod. He gives me a big hug and turns back to his personal trainer. "I have to continue so feel free to walk around." Max says to us as we nod.

We step outside and decide that we would go for a walk on the track. On our way to the track, I spot the one person I really didn't want to see, Lando. He was standing, talking to a man in a McLaren shirt with a beard. I felt my breath get knocked out of me as I stood still. "Y/N?" Vic questioned as she faced me. She followed my gaze and sighed. "I'm so sorry Y/N. Let's go." She says as I nod.

Before we could leave, Lando turns around and we make direct eye contact. We both stare at each other, getting lost in each other eyes. I remember all our good memories and the way I fell in love with the blue eyed boy. Everything came crashing down as I remembered the night we broke up which made me shake my head and storm off in the opposite direction.

"I'll see you in a few Vic. I'm just going to the bathroom." I say, feeling tears brimming at my eyes. "No problem." She says with a smile understanding why I needed to go. I quickly make it to the bathroom inside the building and close the bathroom stall door behind me. I let out a shaky sigh as I rub my eyes, not wanting to cry. I hear the bathroom door open and Lando's voice echo, "Y/N? I know you're in here."

I hold my breath, not wanting him to find me. He knocks on my door which makes me close my eyes. "Y/N, please." He begs. I sigh and stand up. I open the door and come face to face with Lando. We stand awkwardly looking at each other, not one of us making a sound. "I never thought I'd see you again." He says softly.

I look down and shake my head, "I need to go." I say and push past him. Before I can make it to the door, I'm pulled back. "I'm not letting you go this time." He says as he firmly holds my wrists. "Let go of me." I say, not wanting to be in this situation. "No." He bluntly says. I sigh in response and try and pull my wrists away but to no success. "Lando, we've been over this." "But you were wrong. Y/N, it's been 3 years and I'm still madly in love with you. I never stopped loving you the day you left."

I look down, feeling tears threatening to stream down my face. "No. If you did love me, you wouldn't have been with Shannon that night." I say whilst shaking my head. "Shannon kissed me. I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd think I cheated but in the end it didn't go well for me." He says with a soft chuckle. I don't laugh and feel the guilt creep up my spine, eating away at me.

I finally let my tears free, "I'm so sorry." I sob and I cover my face with my hands. Lando pulls me into a hug and holds me tightly against his chest, "Shh, it's okay. You had every right to leave me. I should've told you." He says but I shake my head in response. "No, no. I'm so sorry." I say as I cry into his chest. Lando holds me there until I stop crying. He rubs my back soothingly and finally pulls away.

"Y/N, please make me the happiest guy in the world and go on a date with me so I can finally get my girl back." He says, making me smile and stare into his blue eyes. His thumb rubs under my eye, wiping a tear away. "Of course." I softly say which makes him smile from ear to ear. He leans in and places his lips on mine which feels just like home. I sigh into the kiss, happy to be back at home. "I love you." I say once I pull away. "I love you too Y/N." he says as he wraps me up in a tight embrace.

*****

This was cute idk. I hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe and wear a mask! Lots of love xx