Carlos Sainz (2)

enemy
/ˈɛnəmi/
noun
a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.

Y/N - your name

I stood with my personal trainer, Frank, as he threw the ball at me to test my reflexes. "Are you ready for practice 1?" He asked as I nodded and stretched a far right to catch the ball. "One hundred percent. I can't to see how tomorrow's qualifying goes tho." I said as I jumped to catch the ball. "Great stuff! Okay so you're off to go and practice. Enjoy!" He said as he patted me on the back as I walked to my car.

"Good luck Y/N!" Max, my fellow Red Bull team mate, said as I gave him a smile. "You too Max. Don't rage!" I shout as he pulls the middle finger at me. I giggle as I walk outside to quickly speak to my engineers. "Y/N! Are you ready?" My engineer, Rosa, asked me as I nodded. "I'm so excited. I love Spa." I said as she gave me a smile.

"Go and get in your car. Practice has already started." She said. I nodded and made my way to my car. On the way, I knocked into a tall figure. "Sorry!" I shout as I look at Carlos. "Watch it! God, you're so inconsiderate." He said as I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Get over yourself, Carlos." I said as I walked away. "You're nothing special Y/N. Get a life!" He shouted as he marched to his garage.

I sigh as I put on my earphones, balaclava and helmet. "You okay Y/N?" Peter, my other engineer, asked in my ear as I nodded. "I just don't get it. I still don't know what I did wrong." I said as I got inside my car. "I think he's still mad about the collision." He said as Frank started strapping me in. "But I mean it wasn't even my fault! He was actually in the wrong." I said as I let out an exaggerated huff. "It's okay. Just focus on your race." He said as I mumble, "Okay."

Last year, myself and Carlos had a collision at the Spanish Grand Prix. I was going around the corner and he went on my outside. As I straightened and followed the racing line, he was there and I knocked his front wing which damaged it. He had to go into the pits and change it which cost him a top 5 finish. I apologized but he just scoffed and flipped me off. Ever since that day, he has been a right old prick to me. If I ever made a mistake, he would laugh at me. He would also find any excuse to insult me where he could. I didn't get it.

I start the car and make my way out of the pits. I go around the track, warming up my tires until I hear Rosa in my ears. "Okay Y/N, we want to test the brakes so go around the track fast and brake sharply before corners." "Got it." I said as I started another lap. I did exactly what I was told and drove slowly around the track once more.

"Perfect Y/N. Please do it once more and then come in and we will discuss what else needs to be done." She said as I nodded, even though she couldn't see. I started my lap again and did the exact same thing. However, nearing the end of the race, I didn't see Ocon as he stopped in front of me. Because I was accelerating much quicker than everyone else, I hit the back of his car, sending us both sliding into the gravel.

I let out a frustrated groan as I jump out of the car. Ocon jumped out of his car and made his way to me. "Watch it Y/N!" He shouted but I didn't bother as I walked away. I didn't need him taking me out for something I had no control over. I catch a lift to the pit lane as I rip my helmet and balaclava off. "I'm sorry guys." I said as I made my way to the engineers and sat down on the seat next to Peter. "It's okay. It was no ones fault." He said as he patted my back.

I took my earphones out and placed them on the table. I then heard some shouting behind me as I turned around. "You fucked up my practice Y/N!" Ocon shouted as I stood up. "Sorry man, there was nothing I could do. I was just following-" "Oh shut the fuck up! Just admit you were in the wrong." He said as he towered over me. I backed away as everyone watched in shock. "No! It wasn't my fault." I said as I looked him in the eyes.

His eyes were dark as his face turned a dark shade of red. "Ocon! Piss off!" I heard behind Ocon. Ocon turned around and Carlos came into view. "There was nothing she could've done." Carlos said as Ocon scoffed. "Yes there was something she could've done! If maybe she opened those pretty little eyes of hers, she would've seen me but no!" He shouted as he pushed me. "Fuck off Ocon!" I shouted as I pushed him back.

Before he could take a step closer to me, Carlos grabbed him and pulled him away from me. "Watch it Y/N!" He shouted as he pointed a finger at me. Rosa stood by me with a smile on her face. "Did Carlos just help you?" She asked as I nodded. "This may sound stupid, but I think I've fallen in love with my mortal enemy." I said as she burst into a fit of laughter.

As much as I said it as a joke, I knew deep down I wasn't joking. Before our whole fight last year, we were very close as I started falling for him hard but as soon as that fight happened, we fell apart along with the potential chances I had with him. I was devastated to say the least but I took it with a smile on my face and carried on with life and racing as per usual.

I walk to the garage and to my back room and take off my race suite. I put on some high waisted blue jeans and a RedBull hoodie as it was pretty cold. I put on some white sneakers as walk back outside. "Okay, so we will be working on the car tonight for you and you will be able to join practice 3 and qualifying tomorrow." Peter said as I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Thank you guys!" I said as they all smiled at me. "So just sit with us and help us with Max for the remainder of today if you don't mind." "Sure thing! I just want to speak to someone quickly." I said as he nodded with a smile. I walk towards Mclaren's garage as I see Lando sitting with his engineers. "Hey Lando." I said as he stood up with a big smile.

"Hey Y/N. Are you okay after the crash?" He asked as I nodded. "Have you seen Carlos?" I asked as he nodded. "He is in his back room." He said as I nodded and thanked him. I walk to the back room and knock lightly on his door. "Come in!" I hear as I open the door. Inside stood a tired looking Carlos with his race suite clinging to his hips and his white fire proof suite hugging his toned body.

"What you doing here?" He asked but for the first time this year, in a curious voice and not an angry voice. "I... I just wanted to say thank you... for standing up for me." I said with a shy smile. "Of course. He had no right to shout at you." He said as I nodded. I couldn't help think how ironic this situation was. "Well, I'll just leave. Thanks again." I said as I turned on my heel to leave.

"Wait, I should say I'm sorry too." He said as I turned around and looked at Carlos. "What you did last year wasn't on purpose. I'm sorry how I've treated you thus far." He said as I smiled at him. "It's alright. All is forgotten." I said as I smiled at him. He walked over to me and embraced me. I smile, happy to be in his arms at last.

He pulls away but soon leans in and places his lips on mine. I pulled away in shock as I stare at him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" I cut him off by placing my lips back on his. Our lips move in sync as my arms wrap around his neck and play with his hair. His hands cling onto my waist as he pulls me close into his body.

He pulls away and smiles down at me. "Would it be alright if I could take you out for dinner?" He asked as I smiled. "How could I say no to this face."

*****

I hope y'all enjoyed! Remember to vote if you enjoyed! Be wise and sanitize xx