Pierre Gasly (9)

first
/fəːst/
adjective
coming before all others in time or order; earliest; 1st

Y/N - your name

I let out a groan of frustration before slamming the cupboard door shut. "Fuck, I should've bought dog food last time I was out." I say before looking over at my puppy whose ears are up straight and his head tilted. "Oh hun, you can't eat right now. We gonna have to get food." I tell him which causes him to let out a whine. "I know, I'm sorry. Let me get dressed and then we can go and get you food and a toy as a story gift." I say as if he can understand me.

I recently got a dog because of a recent breakup. I was pretty heartbroken and felt alone in my apartment, so what better way to make myself feel better than with a dog. My friends dog just recently gave birth so I went to her and she gave me Charming for a pretty good price. I was about to take all of them, but my bank account told me no.

I quickly grab out some clothing, a random sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. I slip them on before grabbing some socks and a pair of shoes. Once they were on, I go into the bathroom and do my hair putting it in a simple pony tail. I then wash my face and brush my teeth before making my way downstairs. I wasn't gonna bother with makeup because I would just be at the shops.

"Are you ready, Charming?" I ask my dog as he stares at me. I grab the leash off the door and hold it up, which makes him stand up and rush over to me in excitement. He needed his daily walk anyway so this was killing two birds with one stone. I get him ready before grabbing a handful of treats to give him along the way because I know that he's pretty hungry and it wasn't fair making him starve.

I stuff them in my jeans pocket before we walk out the door and make our way to the local grocery store in the middle of Paris. I moved here for my boyfriend, a big mistake, but I definitely love it here so I wasn't planning on moving. I also loved my job so I wanted to stay here so I could continue working for my company.

Close to the grocery store, I stop at the park, which was on the way, and allow Charming to pee. I also hand him some treats, knowing if I didn't he would start crying in the middle of the story. Once done, we finish our walk to the store. We walk in and give the employees a small smile as they loved mine and Charming's visits. They say hello and play with him, making me smile as Charming was a real charmer.

We quickly walk to the dog food section and grab him some food. He tries to eat the packet, but I manage to stop him before he can rip the packet open. Puppy teeth are sharp, trust me, my hands know all about it. I also grab him some treats and finally walk to the toy section. "Okay Charming, you can choose one toy only. Not like last time, okay?" I ask as I scratch his head.

He walks to a toy shaped like a fluffy monster from Monsters Inc and grabs one before also grabbing another fluffy toy in a single bite. "Excuse me, mister. What did I say about only grabbing one toy?" I ask as he looks up at me. His puppy dog eyes looked back at me, making me curse under my breath. "Fine, but then no toys next time out." I say as I grab the toys from them and throw them in a shopping cart I grabbed as we came in.

Before we make our way to the cashiers, I walk to the sweet section. I deserve some sweets with all the trouble I've had with the break up, despite it being almost three months ago. The sweet isle was pretty empty, indicating that they have yet to restock but it's fine as it's only Sunday and people tend to do their shopping during the week anyway. I walk straight to my favorite sweets, marsh mellows to see only one packet left.

I go to grab it but only to grab someone's hand in the process. I look at the man who was also trying to take the marsh mellows to see a frown on his face. He was pretty attractive, thick lips and blue eyes with a backwards cap on. "
Désolé mais je les ai pris en premier (Sorry but I grabbed these first)." (A/N - RIP if that's the wrong translation sorry y'all) He says in French. I understood what he was saying, a little bit at least, but I didn't know how to reply to him.

"Sorry, I'm English." I say as he nods. "Sorry, I grabbed these first." He answer back, his French accent overpowering the English making it barely understandable. "Actually, I grabbed them first.' I say with my hand grabbing the packet and his hand tightly. "Then why is your hand on mine? That's right, because you grabbed it last." He says with a frown making me frown in return. "Listen , I'm not here to fight. I just want marsh mellows please." I say as I hear Charming start to growl. He thought this stranger was hurting me.

"But I grabbed it first. You snooze, you lose." He says before yanking the packet out of my hand. He then walks away without another word. Charming then starts jumping on my lap as I sigh and look at him, "There are some dickheads in this world Charming. But don't worry, I'm okay." I say as I pick him up and give him some cuddles. He was so small anyway so it was very easy.

"Lets go home and feed you. I'm sure you're dying of starvation." I say as I grab a treat from my pocket and give him one. He licks my face in return before I place him down as we make our way to the cashier. We done in a few minutes only a few items to scan anyway. "Ma'am, will you be able to walk home with the dog food?" The lady asks as I nod. "Yeah, thanks for asking. Luckily it's not that heavy.' I say as she nods and bids me goodbye.

As myself and Charming walk outside, I place the dog food down and grab his leash and attach it to my jeans so that I could have two hands to carry. As I'm about to walk back home, a tap on my shoulder makes me turn around. I'm faced with that same man from earlier who took the marsh mellows. Before I can complain and tell him to get lost, he cuts me off, "I wanted to say sorry and was wondering if you wanted to share the marsh mellows.' He says with a kind smile.

"I'd love too, but I have to go home and feed this monster.' I say as I point at Charming who is sitting patiently, watching us. "I have a dog at home and I left his bowl in my car. He can eat from there whilst we share marsh mellows." He says as I smile. "If that's not an issue." I say as the stranger starts walking to his car. "If it was, I wouldn't have offered." He says as he grabs the bowl.

We place the food in the bowl and Charming instantly devours the food. "I'm Pierre by the way.' The stranger says as he opens the marsh mellow packet and offers me one. "Y/N." I say as I take a marsh mellow. "Sorry for being rude back there. Just a rough day.' He says as I nod. "No problem, I have those days pretty often myself.' I say as I take another marsh mellow.

"So what's your dogs name?" He asks as he points at Charming who is almost finished his food. "Charming." I say as he chuckles. "He didn't like me back there." He says as I laugh, "He's just a little worried I was in danger. He has been to training but he's still only a puppy so he sometimes doesn't know the difference between a conversation and when I'm in danger." I says he nods his head. "Well, he's a beautiful dog. Really matches his owner." He says as I raise my eyebrows and look at him.

"Smooth Pierre. Very smooth." I say as we share a chuckle. Charming finishes as he smiles up at him, his dimples showing. "Well then, thanks so much for allowing us to use your dogs bowl and thanks for the marsh mellows but we best get going.' I say as Charming jumps on Pierre. Pierre chuckles and gives him some tickles, "Let me take you home. It's only right." He says as I smile at him. "Thanks Pierre. That's very kind of you.' I say as he scoffs, "It's the least I could do for a pretty lady like yourself." He says as he opens the door for me, a charming smile playing on his lips.

*****

Okay, but like, this was so cute omg. Hope you guys enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx