(P) Liam Lawson (2)

need
/niːd/
verb
require (something) because it is essential or very important rather than just desirable

"I need you alright."

Y/N - your name

Okay, just before I start this imagine... LIAM HAS NO RIGHT TO LOOK THIS GOOD OH MY GOSH

I look at my date, an unimpressed look written all over mine as a smug smile was all over his face. "Babes, you have no idea how cool it is to be a boxing champion." He gloats, once again as he chews with his mouth open. I sigh, "But weren't you a kid when you won a kids championship?" I question in a nice manner, but really I'm just trying to get this guy to shut up.

"Well look at my little fan over here." He says before shoveling more food into his mouth. I rub my temples and look down at my pasta, barely touching it out of disgust as I look at my date one more time. All I wanted to do was get out of here and away from this pig. Really, he is a nice guy but he's just too full of itself. I'm sure he'd rather be on a date with a mirror rather than me.

I look down at my phone, which is rude but it doesn't matter as my date was looking at his phone as well probably his front camera, and admire my wallpaper that I just can't seem to change. A picture of myself and my ex Liam kissing in the ocean. His hands wrapped tightly around my waist whilst mine are wrapped around his neck. The kiss is special, you can even tell that from just the picture. All I wanted to do was run out of this restaurant and into Liam's arms but I can't.

We broke up because we were fighting quite a bit. We are both pretty inexperienced in dating so we didn't know how to handle a fight properly. It sucked, knowing we threw away a healthy relationship over stupid and irrelevant small fights. A simple sorry could probably fix all of this, but our stubbornness got the better of us and we haven't spoken since we broke up 2 months ago.

I was and I'm still a mess without Liam. He was my safety net and someone I could see spending the rest of my life with. I didn't want to go back, again my stubbornness getting to me, but mainly because I'm sure we broke up for a reason. Like they always say, everything in life happens for a reason. Right?

"Aren't you gonna touch your dinner? I take you out to a nice Italian restaurant and you don't even eat?" My date, Jacob, scoffs as I look up at him. "Sorry, I'm just not feeling too hot.' I lie as he nods his head slowly. "Listen, I'll be honest with you, I don't see this working out. You're just not my type of girl I see myself with in the future. Maybe we can still be friends?" He questions with a small smile.

I nod and smile back, "I'm glad you felt that vibe too. I'm sorry for wasting your night." I say but he shakes his head. "Don't stress. Now, can you please just go and get that guy on your wallpaper back." He says as I raise my eyebrows at him. "I'm not blind, Y/N. I see the way you look at your wallpaper. You love him and I'm sure he loves you too. You're such a gem that if he doesn't, it really is his loss." Jacob says.

I smile at him, "Thank you. That's actually very sweet.' I say as he chuckles, "It's my job to be nice to girls. It's the least I could do for you after I didn't treat you that well tonight. I shouldn't have eaten like a pig. To be honest with you, I was just trying to get out of this date. It's not you, it's me really! I just don't think I'm ready for a relationship." He says as I nod, "I understand one hundred percent." I say with a small smile.

We pay for the dinner, splitting it half way because it's only fair, as I rush out the restaurant with my leftovers in hand. I make a beeline to Liam's house, hoping to god he was there and not over at Juri or Yuki. On the walk there, it starts raining, just adding to my misery. I wrap the leftovers and myself in my jacket tightly and quicken my pace to his house. When I finally see it in the distance, I let out a sigh, a mixture of relief and worry.