Mick Schumacher (4)

elevator
/ˈɛlɪveɪtə/
noun
a platform or compartment housed in a shaft for raising and lowering people or things to different levels; a lift.

Y/N - your name

I walk into the Haas pit wall with a massive smile on my face. "Y/N! I'm so happy to see you!" Guenther Steiner exclaims as he walks towards me, engulfing me in a tight hug. "It's good to be here, Guenther." I say as I hug him back. "Ready to finally drive the Haas F1 car?" He asks me with raised eyebrows. "I'm beyond ready. I'm so excited." I say as Guenther leads me to the car I'll be driving in FP1. I touch the car, tracing the stickers and sponsors as I smile wide, happy to be here after many years of hard work.

"Okay so, first things first, you need to go into your hotel and get ready and all of that nonsense. Unfortunately, one of our team members tested positive for the virus so they are cleaning all of our rooms, including the driver rooms, so they are out of bounds for the day." He says as I nod, understanding the situation. "Guenther! Good to see you." I hear behind Guenther but I knew exactly who it was, Mick Schumacher.

Guenther and Mick hug and pat each other on the back. "Hey Y/N." Mick says with possibly the fakest smile I've ever seen under that stupid mask of his. I nod towards him, not even bothering to say hi to my ex. We broke up at the beginning of the year as, and I quote, "Racing is just a bit more important than our relationship right now. I need to get into F1 and I can't have any distractions."

To say I was devastated when he broke up with me in our shared hotel for that weekend is an understatement. I really thought we would make it far but at the same time, I did get where he was coming from. But in my defense, there's no excuse cause now we both in F1 but we can't change the past in the end.

"So Mick I've already told Y/N, but you two need to get ready in your hotel rooms. Someone tested positive for the virus." Guenther tells Mick as he nods. "Sure thing. Ready to go, Y/N?" He asks me. It takes every ounce of me to not roll my eyes at him, but I nod my head, still not saying a word. "Great. See you two in a few hours." Guenther says as he pats our backs.

Myself and Mick make our way to our hotel, since we both stayed in the same hotel because we were both in the same team. I walk a little ahead of Mick so that I don't need to talk to him and so he doesn't try to make conversation with me. We walk into the hotel and make our way to the elevator. The elevator pings and opens, allowing us both to get in. The doors close and we are met by awkward silence. "You know, you can speak to me." He says making me scoff. "Who says I want to?" I question as I stare into his blue eyes that I fell so in love with.

I look away, not being able to look in his eyes as I stare at my reflection in the elevators mirrors. The elevator starts jerking, making me grab the railings as I look around as Mick does as well. With a sudden movement, the power cuts out and the elevator comes to a grinding holt. "What the fuck?" I question as the emergency lights turn on, only dimly lighting the elevator. "Ring the emergency button." Mick says as he points at the buttons on the elevator. I press the button multiple times but nothing happens.

"Press it harder!" Mick shouts at me. "I am! It's probably broken." I say as I walk away and take a seat on the floor, pulling my mask off for fresh air. "Great." Mick mumbles as he sits down like me and leans his head on the wall and pulling his mask off as well. I feel my heartbeat quicken as I start panicking, hating the situation I was in. One of my biggest fears was getting stuck in an elevator and hear I was, not only stuck in an elevator, but stuck with my ex boyfriend who I'm still in love with.

"Are you okay?" Mick asks me in a concerned voice. I turn and face him and shrug, "Not exactly. Can't say I'm happy being stuck in an elevator." I say making him chuckle softly. I look away, not wanting to talk to him as it still hurt way to much. "So, how have you been overall?" He asks making me sigh. "Pretty good cause I'm now in F1 but that's all." I say as I see him nod his head. "I'm good as well, thanks for asking." He says as I see him glare at me.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks me making me frown. "Well sorry if I'm not in the best of moods. I'm not exactly happy being stuck in an elevator." I say but he rolls his eyes in response. "I'm not talking about that. What's your problem with me? Is it because of our break up? Y/N, you need to get over that. We are now team mates and we need to be professional." He says but I shake my head.

"Mick, how am I supposed to be professional and happy when you broke my heart into pieces and left me to pick them all up by myself? You don't understand what you put me through. I sat day and night wondering what the hell I did wrong to make you leave me because I know for a fact that you career wasn't the only reason you left me. Just please tell me when did you fall out of love with me?" I ask as I stare at him, tears brimming my eyes.

"Y/N, I never fell out of love with you." Mick says. I shake my head, "Then why did you leave?" I ask, my voice betraying me and breaking. "I love you so much, Y/N! I knew that if I didn't end it then that I wouldn't concentrate because you're so god damn distracting! Not in a bad way. In a good way. You're so beautiful and your smile makes me and everyone go weak and happy instantaneously. The love you gave me was all I could've asked for but I couldn't give you the same back because I was so busy concentrating in getting into F1. I didn't want to ruin it by being distant so I just chose to leave because I knew... I thought it would've given you a more concrete answer." He finishing as I sit with wide eyes.

"You still love me?" I ask as I stare at him. He looks at me whilst biting his lip, "Of course I'm still in love with you, Y/N. I never stopped loving you." He says as he looks down. I move closer and grab his hand, "It's okay. I understand why you did it. I just wish you never did." I say as I feel my heartbeat quicken as he grabs my hand back, giving it a squeeze. It's quiet as we both stare at our entwined hand. Without another word, Mick lifts my head up with his index finger and places his lips on mine.

I don't kiss back instantly as I'm too shocked, but I relax into the kiss, happy to finally have his lips back on mine. We are both forced to pull away as the elevator starts moving again, making us jump apart. We stare at each other, lost in each other's eyes. The elevator door opens and Mick stands up, offering his hand for me to grab. I grab his hand as he pulls me up. We both walk outside of the elevator and walk silently to our rooms which we're next to each other.

"I'm sorry about that." Mick says as we stop outside of my room. "For what?" I ask as I stare up into his eyes. "About kissing you." He says making me chuckle. "No need to be sorry. I'm glad you did." I say, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Should we maybe try again?" He asks as he scratches the back of his neck. "I think we should. I mean, your in F1 now." I say making him chuckle. "I love you, Y/N." he says as he places his hands on my waist. "I love you too, Mick." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck and lean in for another kiss.

*****

I love this so much oms. First things first, it would be a god damn blessing to be stuck anywhere with Mick. The love I have for this man is scary. I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx