Lewis Hamilton (1)

break1
/breɪk/
verb
separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.

Y/N - your name

"Hey babe!" I shout to Lewis as I walk in our shared house. Silence is all I hear as I sigh. Is he not here? I question myself as I double check the garage. I'm sure I saw his car. I check in the garage and sure as hell, his car is on the right side where it always is. I sigh as I walk to the kitchen. I put my groceries on the table as I hear giggling.

My blood goes icy as I shake my head. Is this gonna be the moment I find him cheating on me? I've read this in books but I never expected something so cliche to happen to me. I slowly walk up the stairs as I stand by our shared room and put my ear to the door. At first I hear nothing, but then I hear that giggle again. I screw my eyes shut, cringing at the sound of my man with another woman.

Myself and Lewis have been dating for around about 3 years now. We were perfect for about the first year but when I fell pregnant and had a miscarriage, it brought tension between us. Since that windy day of August, I knew things were never going to be the same between myself and Lewis.

At first, he was comforting and always made sure I had a shoulder to cry on. He even took a month off of work to take care of me but that comfort turned into spitefulness. Lewis would find any excuse to argue with me. Sometimes, I understood the argument like when I forgot to tell him I was out with a friend and would be home late. I take full responsibility for that one as it slipped out of my mind.

But when he picks the smallest and pointless things to argue about, that's when my blood boils. I think about our argument a month ago that will still be the most confusing fight I've ever had with ANYONE, let alone my boyfriend of three years.

Flashback

I come home with a big smile on my face. "Babe!" I call as I hear a faint yes. I walk into our room a smile at him. "Hey babe. How was shopping?" He asked as he smiled at my smiling face. "Great. I bought us a cute blanket for downstairs as last week you were saying we didn't have a blanket that matched." I said as I pulled the blanket out.

It was a fluffy white blanket that had blue and gold triangles on it. It suited our aesthetic and the colour of our furniture that was in the living room so I thought it would be perfect. I look at him as I hold it up. His smile disappeared as he shook his head. "No, it's hideous." He said as it was my turn for my smile to drop. "What do you mean? I think it's cute." I said as he sighed.

"You think anything is cute Y/N. You have no style whatsoever." He said as I frowned at him. I mean, ouch. "That's ironic." I said softly but not soft enough as he looked at me with a frown. "Say that again, but louder this time." He said as he stood up. I gulped as I took in a shaggy breath. Lewis has never hit me before but that doesn't mean I wasn't scared of his shouting and his words. Like they always say, words hurt more.

"I said that it is ironic." I said as I looked at him, confidence coming out of nowhere. I saw his eyes turn dark as I closed my eyes, scared of his next few words. "Listen here missy..." he said as he got up all in my face. He knew this annoyed me as I couldn't stand people getting in my face as well as calling me missy.

"I think you forgot who's house you're in." He said as I opened my eyes and frowned. "So what? You asked me to live with you. I should have a say as well. And Christ Lewis, it's a fucking blanket." I said as he rolled his eyes. "Stop being such a bitch for once in your life. This blanket," he said as he ripped it out of my hand and held it in front of my face, "is hideous!" He screamed as he threw it across the room. I flinched and cringed at his previous word, bitch.

"Just take it back for Christ sakes!" He said as he stormed out of the room. I sighed as I picked the blanket up with shaky hands as looked down at my feet. "What happened to us?" I asked softly to myself as I grabbed the packet it was in. I walked downstairs to see him sitting on the couch. I sighed as I grabbed my car keys and drove back to the shops to return the blanket.

End of flashback

I take in a deep breath as I open the door. Not to my surprise, I see a blonde haired girl lying underneath Lewis. They jumped apart as he looked at me. "Y/N." he said softly as I shook my head. "Don't worry. I'll leave. I'll be back tomorrow to pack my things." I said as I turned on my heal and walked downstairs. I heard footsteps behind me as Lewis grabbed my shoulders and turned me around. I didn't cry. I didn't flinch. I not only expected this to happen but I didn't want him to see me weak. I refused to let him see that side of me after he has betrayed me.

"You can't leave!" He shouted as I shook my head and grabbed his hands. "What you have proven to me is that I should've left a long time ago." I said as I push him away lightly. I didn't want to be angry nor rough because I know when I walk away, I'll be the better person. I turn around but I'm turned around once again by a frantic Lewis.

"Y/N pl-" "Lewis I don't think you understand how cheating works. You cheated on me so I have every right to leave. Please just leave me alone. I'll be back tomorrow to pick my things up okay." I said as I pushed him off of me again and grabbed my car keys.

I looked back one last time and smiled, "Thanks for the past three years but Lewis if you were unhappy, you should've just told me and be the better person. Have fun and don't even bother trying to contact me." I said calmly as I forced a smile. "Please." He said softly as I looked at him one last time. His hair was a mess and he only had the blanket wrapped around his waist.

"No. I can't forgive you this time around" I said as I remembered all the other times I forgave him for the bad way he treated me and the times I let him walk all over me for no god damn reason. "Goodbye Lewis." I said as I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, refusing to look back knowing that in the end, I left someone who didn't love me in the first place.

*****

Oof, this was sad. I thought I'd do something different so I hope you enjoyed! Remember to vote for your favorite chapters. Stay safe!