George Russell (4)

road trip
noun
a journey made by car, bus, etc.

Y/N - your name

I sit in the back seat of the Jeep as George sits next to me and his mother in the passenger side and his father sitting in the front, ready to drive us to Scotland for a spur of the moment road trip. "Are you kiddos ready?" George's dad asked as I nodded with a huge smile on my face. "You bet!" I shouted as his mother smiled at me. "And you Georgie?" He asked as George nodded with a smile on his face.

My family has been best friends with the Russell family ever since I was born. My mother and George's mother knew each other back in high school and stayed best friends up until this day. I often hung out with the Russell family but I have never been on a road trip with them so I was more than just excited.

Because our mothers were best friends, it was almost certain that myself and George would've also been friends. He was 2 years older than me but that didn't stop our friendship. We were like brother and sister, bound to the hip and couldn't not be around each other. We did everything together. We went to the same school and even attended the same doctor that we now called the Russell and Y/S family doctor.

George's dad started the car as we started the long journey to Scotland. I knew this road trip would be a very long drive so I made sure I brought my iPad which had many movies and shows on, and obviously my music. I look at George as he is playing on his phone, probably some racing game like he always plays. I couldn't help look at George with a sparkle in my eye.

I always had a small thing for George but never pursued it because I didn't want to risk ruining my mothers friendship with his mother. I instead kept it to myself and rather got involved in other relationships which never worked out. I would always tell myself that they never worked out because of the guy but in reality, it was because I wasn't fully committed as I couldn't get George out of my head.

He looks up as his blue eyes lock with mine. I give him a smile as I look back down to my iPad as I press play on the show Sex Education. After about 10 minutes, I felt a tap on my left shoulder as I looked at George. "What you watching?" He asked once I had pulled my earphone out. "Umm, Sex Education." I said as I blushed slightly. He gave me a wink as he leaned in closer, "Trying to learn a thing or two?" He asked which earned him a slap to the chest. "Don't get cheeky." I said as he let out a breathy laugh.

"Can I watch with you?" He asked as I shrugged. "I'm already on episode 5." "It's fine. I'll catch up somehow." He said as I nodded and handed him my earphone. "Just don't ask me every 5 minutes what's going on." I warned him as he scoffed. "Would I ever do that to you?" He asked as I glared at him. "What did you do when you started watching Pretty Little Liars with me when I was already on season 3?" I asked as he rolled his eyes. "That's was different." He said but I just scoffed in response.

"How so?" I asked as I arched my right eyebrow. He laughed as he poked my eyebrow, "That was three seasons. This is just 5 episodes." He said and poked my eyebrow again. I smacked his hand away. "Fine but if you ask me even just a single question, I'm taking my earphone back." I said as he nodded and gave me a smile. I started the show until he started talking, "Who is that?" He asked as I glared at him. "I'm sorry. I'll figure out." He said as I nodded and pressed play once again.

I couldn't help get goosebumps as I felt his arms snake around me and pull me closer to him. I leaned into him as his cologne filled my nostrils. He places his chin on my left shoulder as I feel his hot breath by my exposed ear as I had to give him my earphone. My heart beat quickened as I started feeling nervous the more he held me. What happens if I farted?

The rest of the drive up to Liverpool was like this. We did stop off for lunch and the bathroom but now it was night time and we decided to stop at a hotel in Liverpool as that is how far we made it. "Alright kids, tomorrow is another day. We will carry on our trek to Scotland tomorrow." George's dad said as I nodded. "Oh Y/N, there weren't enough rooms so you're sharing with George." His mom said as I nodded. It wasn't out of the ordinary for us to share a room.

George unlocks the door to our room as we step in. The room was small with a single double bed in the center with a bathroom right by the front door and a tv with a dressing table underneath it opposite the bed. "This is nice." I said as George nodded. "Ugh I can't wait to sleep." He said as he dived on the bed. I chuckle at him as I look at my watch. It was already 11pm so I decided to take a nice hot shower and get into some pajamas.

"I'm gonna go shower. Can I borrow one of your hoodies?" I asked as he eyed me up and down. "Sure. But I want it back this time." "You have my word." I said as I made my way to his suitcase and grabbed his yellow hoodie. I grab some underwear and shorts and walk to the bathroom for that much needed shower.

I didn't take long as I walk out and find George watching some random show on the tv in a pair of shorts and shirtless. "That hoodie suites you." He said as I blushed at his comment. "Thanks George." I said as he looked at me and smiled. I jumped into the left side of the bed and lay my head on the pillow. "I'm really tired so imma head off to bed." I said as I heard the tv turn off. "Same. Goodnight Y/N." he said as I smiled. "Goodnight George." I said as I turned over and gave him a smile before the light was turned off.

It was silent as I just heard his breathing. Our backs were facing each other as I cuddled my own body. "Y/N?" I heard George ask as I mumble a yes. "Can I confess something?" He asked as I turned around to see him already facing me. "Of course. What's wrong?" I asked. "I know that this is a terrible time to tell you this but if I don't do it now, I probably never will." He started as I stared at his shadowed figure.

"I really like you. Ever since I kissed you at that party when we were 11 as a dare, I couldn't help but see you in another way." He said as I smiled. "I like you too you know." I said as it was silent for awhile. "Wait, seriously?" He questioned as I chuckled. "Yes. How can I not when you're you." I said as I could only imagine the massive smile on his face.

Without another word, I felt his lips land on mine. I close my eyes in contempt as he grabs my waist and pulls me closer. I pull away breathless as I move and place my head on his chest. "This road trip just got 10 times better." George said as I smiled and slowly drifted off to sleep.

*****

Can you take a drive from London to Scotland?? I have no clue but y'all did it in this imagine. It really sucks when you don't know their country lmao. I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe xx