Marcus Armstrong (2)

cry
/krʌɪ/
verb
shed tears, typically as an expression of distress, pain, or sorrow.

Y/N - your name

Expressing your emotions is obviously important. Smile when you're happy. Frown when you're angry and cry when you're sad but sometimes bottling your emotions up in necessary in order to protect another person. This is exactly what I'm experiencing and theres no one else to blame except myself.

Marcus, my boyfriend of 6 months, is a Formula 2 driver and I've never been happier for him but he is obviously busy and rightly so. It is a demanding sport and I have no problem with it but with the sport being as demanding as it was, Marcus needed to place all of his focus and attention on the sport and not me.

Whenever I was around him, I was always smiling, never wanting to put my problems on the young man because he didn't need the stress and the worry of me plus the stress and pressure his career was pushing on him. Whenever he asked how I was, it was always "I'm fine" even though I was dying inside. My life wasn't treating me well. I wasn't accepted into the university of my dream and financially I'm struggling as my parents can barely help themselves, let alone me.

With all this stress, I refused to tell Marcus. I told him I got in to my dream university plus multiple others when in reality, I didn't. I didn't tell him about my financial status and rather just lived alongside my best friend who was understanding enough to allow me to stay in her house until I could get myself back on my feet. Since we've been together 6 months, he says I'm more than welcome to stay over at his house. I barely do but when I'm really missing him, I do stay in his house as it helps me feel a little bit better without me having to bother him. Tonight was one of those nights.

I open his apartment door with a sigh and walk inside the warm living room. I switch the living room light on and sit on the couch, bringing my knees to my chest and rocking myself back and forth. My mind starts over thinking, wondering where I was gonna apply next and where I could potentially work in order to get some type of money. I feel warm tears stream down my cheeks but I let them.

I hated crying in front of people. Mainly Marcus, but I hated seeming weak in font of others. Since I was out and about this whole week looking for a job and a university, I had to keep my fake smile on my face, not having a single moment to myself to not even at night as I didn't want my best friend to see me cry either. I had this same fake smile even when the universities sent back a letter saying I wasn't good enough and the exact same smile when the jobs said I wasn't qualified enough despite only needing to pass grade 12 to get in.

I let out a loud sob as I bury my head in my knees. I don't even hear the door opening being so absorbed in my little meltdown that when I hear a soft "Baby?" I jump up and turn around to look at Marcus who is standing by the front door with concern evident on his face. "Baby? You're back?" I question as I wipe my eyes. "Yeah and I'm glad. Are you okay?" He questions as he puts his bags down and walks towards me.

I take in a sharp breath and nod my head, "Yeah I am." I say but he shakes his head, "Please talk to me." He says as he pulls me into a tight hug. I shake my head and try to push him away, knowing that if he hugs me for a few more seconds, I would break down in front of him and I refused to do that too him. "I'm really okay, Marcus." I say but he shakes his head and pulls me tighter into his chest. "What's wrong?" He asks and finally I let the tears fall down.

Marcus is silent as he hugs me throughout my breakdown. I sob loudly into his chest as I shake from crying so hard. He rubs my back soothingly and presses kisses to my head. After I've calmed down a little bit, Marcus pulls away so that he can look me in my eyes. "Baby, please talk to me. What's going on?" He asks making me sigh.

"I didn't get accepted. I didn't get accepted into any university. I'm not okay financially and neither are my parents. I'm currently living in my best friends apartment as I try and find a job but no one wants to take me and I can't figure out... I just can't figure out why." I finish as I feel new warm tears fall on my tear stained cheeks. I look into his green eyes that are filled with sadness, making me feel beyond guilty for putting this stress and heartbreak on him.

"Babe, why didn't you tell me?" He asks as I shake my head, "I didn't want to bother you. You're busy and I didn't want to add this extra stress on your plate." I say but he shakes his head, "No, no. Y/N, we are in a relationship. Your problems are mine and mine are yours. You're always there when I complain about how shit my race is. Of course I'm gonna be here for you when you're going through a rough time. You can speak to me I promise and it's not gonna affect my career. What will affect my career is not knowing how my girl is really doing." He says, emphasizing the "really".

I nod and look down. "I'm sorry." I say. "It's okay, princess. But from now on, talk to me. I'm gonna help you with everything. I'm sure I can get you a job in my career field and I'm sure I can help you financially until you get on your feet. I would actually love it if you would live with me." He says with a wide smile on his lips. "But I don't wanna be a burden." I say but he shakes his head, "You could never be one." He says making me nod and sniff.

"I love you." I say as I look up at him. He smiles down at me and places his lips on mine for a sweet kiss. "I love you too. Now come, let's make you feel better why don't we." He says picking me up and taking me to his bedroom for... a cuddle session (A/N - get your mind out the gutter).

*****

This imagine is all over the place but I had this idea and tried making it into something. I still hope you enjoyed. Lots of love xx