George Russell (7)

secret
/ˈsiːkrɪt/
adjective
not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others.

"So, Carmen, you want me to spy on your boyfriend, George?" I ask my client as she nods shyly. "Yeah." She says as her bottom lips quivers. "How come?" I ask as I take out a note pad and write a few notes. "Well, I think he might be cheating on me." She says as I nod my head. "Do you know with who?" I ask as I look up at her. She shrugs, "No. I hope that isn't a problem." She says as I shake my head, "Not at all, hun. So I can start today. Every day will be $1 000. Are you okay with that fee?" I ask as she nods her head. "Great, I'll try my utmost best." I say as she smiles at me.

-

I walk into the conference room, pushing up my fake glasses as I take a seat by the reporter section. I watch George, Lando and Lance walk out and take a seat. Everyone asks them questions as I keep my eyes on George. He honestly looked like a super innocent guy, but they are always the ones who are the bad guys. As soon as the interview is over, we all stand up. I make my way towards George and purposely walk into him, letting go of all my papers.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry about that." I say as I avoid eye contact. "No, I'm so sorry. Let me help." He says as he helps me with all my papers. He hands them back to me as I grab them, "Thank you." I say as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm George." He says as he sticks out a hand. "Haha, I know. I'm a reporter." I say as I point back to the chairs. "Really? You didn't ask any questions." He says as I blush, on purpose of course.

"I'm quite shy and this is my first time on the job." I say as I shrug and shift on my feet. "If you'd like, we could go for some coffee and you can ask me a few questions there. I do have the rest of the day free." He says with a kind smile. "That's so sweet. You really don't have to." I say but he shakes his head, "I'd love too." He says as I smile at him. "Know any good places here?" I ask him as we start walking to his car. "Unfortunately no. But I know there's a nice coffee shop around the corner." He says as I nod my head, "Great." I say as I sit in the passenger side. "What is your name?" He asks me as he starts the car. "I'm Y/N." I say as I look over at him.

-

Myself and George laugh loudly as we make our way to my hotel room. "Wow, so much for just a short coffee." I say as I look at the time. "You're quite distracting, Y/N." He says as I chuckle. We stand outside my door as I play with my nails. As much as I was undercover, I really did enjoy my night with George. I could easily tell why Carmen fell in love with him because I feel butterflies form in my stomach as I look up into his bright blue eyes.

He starts leaning in but I put my arm in front of him, "Aren't you in a relationship?" I question as he sighs. "It's really complicated." He says as I chuckle, "How so?" I ask him as he shrugs, "I think she's cheating on me and she hasn't exactly denied it." Wow, what a coincidence. "O-oh, well just in case, I think lets end the night here." I say as he nods his head, "I understand." He says as he leans down and presses a kiss to my cheek.

I walk into my room and rush to my computer. I spend the rest of the night doing some research on Carmen, wondering if she really was cheating. I've had circumstances where this has happened in the past with previous customers. They say they getting cheated on when in reality it's them. I find out that she still has ties with her ex, James, as they still follow each other on Instagram and James still has pictures of them up on his Instagram.

I grab my phone ad message her, asking her to meet me tomorrow in my hotel room as I know she's flying in tomorrow. She messages me, agreeing, possibly thinking that I had some information for her but I actually had information on her.

-

Carmen sits at the small coffee table in my room with a small smile, "So, do you have anything?" She asks as she rubs her hands. I knew that was a sign of nervousness but after what George said, I think its the nerves of getting caught, not if George was cheating on her. "Actually, I need information from you." I say as I see her freeze. She nods her head slowly as I sit down, "So, I went out with George yesterday to see what he would do, and he said that you were cheating on him." I state bluntly as she shakes her head, "N-no ways. Ha! That's h-hilarious." She stutters as I raise an eyebrow. "Carmen, I need you to be honest. There's no hate or anything, but you need to do the right thing." I say as she sighs.

"Yes I am cheating on him." She says as she shakes her head, "I don't know why! He is such an amazing guy but..." She trails off as I place a hand on her shoulder, "You're still in love with James." I say as she looks up, "How did-" "It's my job, hun." I say as she smiles at me. "Tell him." I say as she nods her head, "Thanks, Y/N." She says as I shrug, "All good." I say as we walk to my door.

"Oh and by the way, just kiss him already." She says as I look at her, "I can see the way your eyes light up when you speak about him. He needs someone who's gonna treat him properly." She says as I smile at her. With that, she leaves my hotel room and walk away, probably to talk to George.

-

I make my way to George's hotel room and knock softly. He opens the door with a small smile, "Hey Y/N." He says as he allows me into his suite. I thank him and walk inside and take a seat on his couch, "Carmen told me who you are." He says as I feel my blood turn icy. I go to talk but he shakes his head, "She told me that she was the one cheating on me as well, but I guess you already knew." He says as I try to speak again but he cuts me off.

"As much as I feel almost betrayed, knowing you only went out with me last night to find out if I was the one cheating, Carmen said something that I cant get out my head." He says as he faces me, "Do you actually like me?" He asks as I nod my head, "I know we only met yesterday but... you're such a nice guy and I fee like we just click." I say as he smiles softly, "That's all I need." And with that, he leans in and places his lips on mine.

*****

I like this imagine but like I also don't know. But I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx