Marcus Armstrong (7)

pretend
/prɪˈtɛnd/
verb
behave so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not

Y/N - your name

I walk into the cafeteria, smiling at the table with a group of boys sitting talking about god knows what. This group of boys happened to be all the boys involved in the Ferrari academy. Since their camp a few years ago was such a success, they decided to have another one. This time at least, I'd be joining. I wasn't allowed to join last time because of school, but now I was finally done and was able to follow my dream.

Out of all the boys, I'm probably the least experiences, being in F3 after winning the F4 championship last season. I was doing pretty great, but I was still heavily intimidated by this group, as if they were a group of hyenas waiting to pounce on a dead corpse.

They all look over their shoulders and smile at me, at least being kind. It's not like anyone of them were rude to me, I was just intimidated by their success. I sit down next to Marcus who has a wide grin spread across his face. "Good morning, y/n." Robert says as I greet him back. "Happy that it's the last day of camp?" He asks as I chuckle, "Yes and no. Yes, because I don't think I can do anymore exercise but no because I've had a lot of fun." I say as they nod their head in return.

"Would you come back again?" Paul questions with a cheeky grin, "Maybe but hopefully I am apart of F2 by then.' I say with a wink as we share a chuckle. We eat with some chatter spilling from our lips throughout the morning until we had to head out for a surf day. I was super excited for this, loving the ocean way too much than I'd like to admit.

I double check that I have everything before we all take a walk to the beach since where we were staying was only a few minutes away from the bright blue ocean. We arrive in a matter of minutes before stripping down to our swimming suites. As I expected, the boys couldn't keep their eyes off of me. I get it, their testosterone getting the better of them, especially now since they haven't had any form of female contact the whole week.

"Please boys, you're all gonna catch flies." I joke before walking to the camera crew. We shoot a few shots, swimming and learning how to surf for a new YouTube video. It was a blast which meant we would definitely be exhausted at the end of the day. As time passes and laughter fills the air almost constantly, we all settle down on the beach, engrossed in ourselves and enjoying our last day before a small break before the F3 season for myself and a few of the guys here.

I'm sitting alone, enjoying the orange and pink littered sky before Marcus takes a seat next to me. "Well hello, Mr Armstrong." I say as I look over at the young man. His eyes are slightly hooded, probably just as tired as me, but his green eyes still shine brightly against the orange sky. "Hey y/n. Enjoyed your time in camp?" He asks, a nervous tone evident in his voice.

I nod my head, feeling my cheeks heat up as he studies me under his usual intense stare. I would be lying if I didn't say Marcus was good looking. He is also a real charmer with humor, something most guys tend to lack. "I have actually. And you?" I ask as I focus my full attention onto the Kiwi. "I really have. I won't lie, I'm glad we got to spend some time together. Hopefully you'll be coming to F2 soon." He says as I feel my cheeks heat up.

"That's sweet. Thanks Marcus.' I say as he nods his head. It's silent for awhile as we enjoy each others presence and the beautiful sky in front of us. "Can you please pretend to be my fake girlfriend?" Marcus blurts out which catches me off guard. "Huh?" I ask as I look over at him. His cheek are red as he fidgets with his nails, "I need a date for a get together with my parents." He says as I frown.

"And you told them you have a girlfriend?" I question in confusion. He nods his head making me chuckle, "So then just tell them you broke it off with her." I advise him something else, knowing he probably didn't want to pull me all the way to New Zealand when I'd rather go back to my home country Spain. "It's a little more complicated than that. See, they wanna set me up with one of their friends daughters but that daughter is something else. She's a gold digger and I just don't wanna date her." He answers truthfully as he looks away, not keeping eye contact.

I think about it for a minute. Was I really gonna give up my little holiday and break for a boy I barely know? "I'll pay for your trip there. It's not fair that you pay anyway. We will have to sleep in the same room but I'll take the floor and everything." He adds as I smile at the Kiwi. "I'll do it, but you have to promise me my favorite snack at the end of this.' I say as he smiles wide. "Deal." He says as he shakes my out stretched hand.

-

Myself and Marcus have been at his parent's house for almost a week now. It's been nice, his parents being very sweet and welcoming. But the only issue was I was falling for the charming Kiwi. He really just knows how to use his words and I couldn't help but find myself getting more and more attracted to him as the days passed. I was slowly falling for him, but I wasn't mad about it, just worried he didn't feel the same.

We had to act like a couple around his parents, holding hands and kissing cheeks but we still haven't shared a kiss. I've been excited too, but I knew he didn't want too. His body language screamed uncomfortable, but I get that and I respect it.

We are sat on the balcony, sharing a hot chocolate under a fluffy blanket as the cool air blows against my cheeks making them a rosy colour. "Thanks again for this, y/n. We barely know each other and you still did this for me." He says before taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "No problem. I really don't mind. You're a nice guy after all." I add as he smiles down at me.

Silence engulfs us, a comfortable silence, as we stare at the stars above us. There's not many starts tonight, but that doesn't take away it's beauty. I lean my head against Marcus's shoulder as he rests his head against mine. I can't help my heart beat from quickening from his sweet gesture. "Y/N, can I ask you something?" Marcus asks as I look up at him and nod my head, "Of course, unless your telling me we can't get my favorite meal tomorrow." I say as he chuckles.

"Nah, nothing like that." He says as he looks away. "So what's up buttercup?" I ask as I keep my focus on him. "Do you like anyone?" He asks as I frown. I think about it for a moment, not sure if I should tell him or not. "Yeah I do. And you?" I ask as he nods his head agreeing with me. "Do I know him?" He asks as I chuckle. "Indeed you do." I say as he looks over at me.

Without another word, he presses his lips to mine. His lips are warm against mine as his hand wraps around me tightly. We pull away in a few seconds and smile at each other. "How did you know I liked you?" I ask as he shrugs, "I took a massive guess to be completely honest with you." He says as I chuckle, "Well, good guess." I say as he leans down and presses his lips to mine once again.

"But on a serious note are we still going for my meal tomorrow? I really want Sushi." I say once pulling away as he rolls his eyes but with a smile on his face, "You're something special. What have I gotten myself into?" He questions in a joking manner, "Oh, you're screwed hun." I say as we laugh way too hard under the stars in New Zealand.

*****

Ugh I don't really like this but I hope y'all like it. Stay safe lovies xx