Lance Stroll (1)

fight
/fʌɪt/
verb
take part in a violent struggle involving the exchange of physical blows or the use of weapons.

Y/N - your name

My physiotherapist, Kate, pulls hard on my neck as I warm up before the Italian Grand Prix. "Are you excited for this race?" Kate asks as she stops pulling on my neck and I takes off the neck pulling machine. "Yeah, 100%. I'm just happy that Mercedes called me as a replacement for Lewis." I say as she nods smiling at me.

Lewis tested positive for Covid-19 which meant that he wasn't allowed to race this weekend at Mugello. Mercedes decided to call me and ask if I would be able to race for this weekend and possibly next weekend. I was over the moon but nervous about messing up for Mercedes. I also needed this in order to show everyone that a female driver can also be as great as a male driver.

"Let's get you geared up and on the track." She says as I nod and follow her to my Mercedes car. To change the car up a small bit, they changed the purple strip on Lewis's car to a pink one. I smile as I'm greeted by Toto, "Are you excited?" He asks with a big smile. I nodded, "Always am before a race but I can't wait to see what I can do with an F1 car." I say  as he smile and nods, knowing just how different an F1 car is from an F2 car that I normally drive. 

"So you had a test run earlier this afternoon, did it feel fine?" He asks as I nodded. "It was perfect. Smooth as it should be." I say as he nods and focuses back at the statistics placed in front of him. "Okay so everything here is perfect but you need to be careful with the acceleration. Our car accelerates very quickly so when going around a corner, beware of everyone around you." Toto says as I nod. "Will do so." "Great! Now go and get in the car for the start of the race."

I nod and walk towards my car. I'm handed all of my equipment, including my Barbie pink helmet with donuts surrounding the helmet. "You and your crazy helmets." Kate says as I chuckle and pull it over my head. "Radio check." I say as I hop into the car. "Loud and clear." Bono replies as I smile. "Let's get on the track and aim for a top 5 finish." He says as I nod and smile.

I drive out of the pit lane and go and line up in my grid position, 7th place. I wait until it hits 14:05 and we start our formation lap around the track. I move from left to right in order to warm up my tires as I look at everyone around me. The person I was most nervous of was Lance Stroll and Max Verstappen as they both drove very well.

I get back into my place on the grid as the red lights turn on. I push down on the accelerator and brake, waiting for the red lights to disappear. The red lights go off as I take my foot off of the brake and go flying towards Lando Norris. Max has a terrible start as he starts falling back, taking me up to 6th place.

-

The race was beyond chaotic as almost half the grid was out of the race. I luckily stayed in the race even though I was almost hit around the first corner by Max. I drive in silence by myself in third place as I was too far away from Valtteri and Alex.

"Hey Y/N. You're driving really well but be aware of Lance behind you. Hs is coming in at pace. He is on soft tired whilst you're on medium so he is about half a second faster than you." Bono ends as I sigh. "Thank you Bon. I'll do some defending if needed." I say as I cut off the radio and continue to race.

I turn around the corner and see the Lance is very close to me as groan to myself. "Fuck off ." I say as I defend around the last few corners. Nearing the end of the lap I was currently doing, Lance was right on my tail. As I turned the corner, I saw Lance lose control which led to him knocking the back of my car, pushing me off the track.

I travel at speed into the tired wall as I let out a loud groan. "You fuck!" I shout as I jump out of the car and look at him. "Shit." I heard him say as I roll my eyes and walk away to be transported back to the garage. "Sorry Y/N but you wouldn't have been in this situation if you just let me pass you." Lance says as he joins me on the bike. "You know what Lance, fuck you. You knocked me out of a race I needed to do well in so I could prove my worth. I wasn't just gonna give up my spot for a spoiled twat." I say, my blood boiling.

"I'm not spoiled!" He shouts but I roll my eyes, happy he couldn't see me due to my helmet. "Then I'm not a female. Piss of Lance." "Just because I crashed into you doesn't mean you have any right saying shit about me." He says as I scoff, "Just because I didn't let you pass me doesn't give you the right to say that I got myself in this situation." I say as he scoffs. "Can you two shut up?" The man driving us asks as we kept quiet for the remainder of the ride.

He stops just outside the Mercedes garage as I jump off and walk to Bono and Toto. "Wait!" I hear behind me as I turn to see Lance hopping off the bike and running towards me. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have blamed you it's just, I wanted a good position again to prove my worth to my dad and getting that puncture has ruined everything." He says as sigh. "All good. I think you should go tho." I say as I point towards the Racing Point garage to see his father with his arms crossed.

"Yeah." He says softly as he walks off. "Thank you Lance." I say as he nods, "I had no right starting a fight with you." He says as he walks off to his angry father. "Hey Y/N. You did really well out there it's just an unfortunate incident." Bono says as I nod but looking at Lance. His father was shaking his head and saying something but I couldn't read his lips because of the mask he had on.

"Well done Y/N." Toto says as he pats my shoulder. I nod towards him, "Thank you Toto. Ugh, let me go and change." I say as I walk off to the backroom. I change into shorts and a Mercedes top. I put on my mask and place on my white shoes and step out, noticing Lance sitting with his head in his hands just outside of his backroom.

"Hey Lance. Are you okay?" I ask as I walk towards him and sit next to him. "No." He says as he looks me in the eyes. His eyes are bloodshot as his cheeks are read and tear stained. "Hey, hey. It's okay." I say as I wrap him up in a hug. We barely knew each other but I knew he needed a hug. "I hate disappointing my father. All I want to do is do well for him but it's never good enough." He says but I shh him and pull away for him.

"Your father is a passionate man. He wants perfection but like most fathers that are passionate about their child's profession, perfection can't be achieved because it actually doesn't exist." I say as he nods and looks at me. "Thank you Y/N." "Not an issue. Would you like to maybe go and get something to eat? Take your mind off of everything." I ask as he nods and smiles at me as he didn't have his mask on. "Sure."

*****

Should I make a part 2? I don't like Lance but this imagine made me feel bad for him EVEN THOUGH it is fake. I hate myself sometimes. Lots of love xx