Max Verstappen (3)

angry
/ˈɡri/
adjective
feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility; full of anger.

Y/N - your name

I let out a shaky sigh as I look at the clouds outside. Dark and grey, threatening to rain on the Spa race track. "You good, Y/N?" Henry, my personal trainer, questions as I shake my head no. "Look at those clouds. I really don't want it to rain here." I said as he patted my shoulder. "I know love. It's gonna be stressful but don't let that bother you. Just focus on the win." He said as I nodded and smiled at him.

I walk towards my race engineer, Fred, as he gives me a wide smile. "I can see you're nervous. Don't stress yourself out. You're a great driver. I know for a fact that you'll handle the rain well." He said as I nodded and smiled at him. "So it's definitely gonna rain?" "If it's doesn't Y/N, then the pope isn't catholic." He said as I nodded and sighed.

I walk to my Renault with a shaky step as I grab my helmet and gloves. I place on my famous purple helmet and my yellow gloves that match the Renault as I hop into the car. Fred helps me strap in as he gives me a thumbs up, indicating that I will be going onto the track for the race. Yesterday was qualifying, which was a major success as I nailed 5th spot on the grid. The best I've done this whole season.

I start the car as I head off slowly onto the track. I go to the 5th spot on the grid as I look to my left to see Alex Albon starting in P6. I wave at him as he waves back, since we are really good mates. I look ahead of me to see Max Verstappen in P3 and Daniel Ricciardo in P4. The crew was more than happy with mine and Daniels results yesterday after qualifying that they even allowed us to have pizza for dinner, which is a major no during normal circumstances.

The formation lap begins as we go slowly around the track and warm up our tires. I notice how slippery the track is and let Fred know. "Thanks for letting us know kiddo but if you put grips on, you'll struggle. We will change after a few laps." He said as I nodded. "Thanks mate." I said as I turned off the radio. I go back to my spot as I wait for the lights to switch off.

The red lights turn on as I press down on the brake and accelerator at the same time. The red lights disappear as I let go of the break and floor the car forward. I stay in P5 around the corner and down the straight as I struggle for grip on the surface. I notice the clouds getting darker, knowing I'll have to go for a pit stop soon.

Just as I've finished the 8th lap, the rain begins. "This lap, box!" Fred shouted at me as I nodded, going slowly so I don't slip. As I go to break just behind Max as Daniel pitted before the end of the last lap to get grips, my tires don't stop the car from moving as I skid with pace and knock Max off of the track. With how wet our tires were and the gravel, we continue until he hits the barrier along with me knocking into him. This meant that we were both out of the race.

I let out a frustrated scream as I hear Fred in my hear. "You good?" "Yes. All good. Fuck man." I shout as he apologizes for not allowing me to box earlier. I jump out of the car after unbuckling myself. I turn to walk to the side so I can leave the track until I feel a shove from the back. "You fucking ruined my race Y/N!" Max shouted as I rolled my eyes.

"There was nothing I could do!" I shout but he points a finger at me. "You could've boxed before and also not drive so fucking fast when you didn't have the right tires on!" He said as he pushed me once again. I clench my fists as I stare at him, my blood boiling with every shove, "Don't challenge me, Verstappen!" I shout as he scoffs. "Or what?" He challenges me as I shove him back with force and he falls over. He stand up quickly and tackles me over.

Because of Max's size and strength, I struggled to get him off of me as he continued pointing at me and speaking in Dutch to me. People pull Max off of me as he is forced away from me. I shake my head as I feel a tear escape my eye as I know I've ruined the chance I possibly had with Max.

Max and I were never close but that didn't man I didn't find him attractive. I really liked his passion and drive but after what just happened, I knew he didn't feel the same. He still hasn't forgiven Ocon for what he did and that was quite some time ago. I get transported back to the garage as I'm met by smiling faces. "I can't believe you almost fought Max." Fred said as everyone laughed. I smiled at them but Fred knew me well enough to know something was wrong.

He walked with me to the back room as he sat down with me. "What's up?" He asked as I sighed. "I know I don't know Max well but I always had a thing for him and this has definitely ruined my chances." I said as he gives me a soft smile. "It's okay. What needs to happen will happen." He said as I nodded. I sigh as I stand up. "I best go say sorry." I said as I rolled my eyes which earned a laugh from Fred.

I take a walk to the Red Bull garage as I am greeted by sad smiles. "We sorry for what Max did." They all began but I shook my head and smiled. "I started it to be fair so don't worry. I just want to say sorry to him." I said as they nodded and allowed me to go to his back room.

I knock on the door softly as I enter. The room was a mess as chairs have been thrown around. I look at the massage bed to find Max lying there with his arm over his eyes. He moves his arm and looks at me as he sighs. "What?" He asked sharply as I closed the door behind me. "I wanted to say I'm sorry. I was angry at myself hence why I spoke so poorly to you, and I had no intention to crash into you." I said which earned nothing but silence.

"Oh come on Max, I can't go back in time now can I? So just take the fucking apology." I said as I started to get angry once again. "Listen here, you ruined my chances of getting a podium for a 6th time in a row." He said as he stood up and towered over me. I was beyond scared. I was all confident on the track because of the adrenaline but now, I was this small little girl going up against Max.

"Max, I don't want to fight. I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do about it now." I said as he scoffed. "I'm so angry at you Y/N." he said as I nodded. "You have every right to be mad. I understand." I said but he shook his head. "No you don't! I'm mad at you but also I just want to kiss you so badly." He said as my mouth opened in shock. He looked at me as he realized what he said and shook his head. "Get out already!" He shouted which made me flinch.

I turned around to leave but stopped as I turn and walk towards him and pull his face towards mine and smash my lips into his. He kissed back immediately as we both fought for dominance. He pushed me back against the wall as he gripped my waist tightly as my hands ran through his hair and gripped his shoulders. Max pulled away breathless as he stared at me. "Am I forgiven?" I ask innocently as he chuckles. "Of course you are." He said and placed his lips back on mine.

*****