Charles Leclerc (5)

sing
/sɪŋ/
verb
make musical sounds with the voice, especially words with a set tune.

Y/N - your name

I unlock my apartment door with a loud sigh and walk in my home to be greeted by my parrot, Nelson. "Hey Nelson." I say as I take off my shoes and place them on the shoe rack. "Y/N!" He exclaims making me smile. "Ready for food?" I question as his feathers stand up, "Nelson wants food." He says making me chuckle. At least Nelson could put a smile on my face.

I place some bird food into his bowl and refill his water tank. I walk away as he croaks, "Thank you" multiple times. I look at the time and decide on a shower, a nice hot shower. I walk into my bathroom and start the water, warming it up before I stood in. I peel my clothing off my body and set the temperature right once the water has warmed up.

I step in the shower and allow the warm water to fall on my head and stream down my body. I let out a sigh of relief, happy to be home and finally relax. I grab my coconut shampoo and place a large dollop on my head. I start washing my hair, humming "I want it that way" by the Backstreet Boys. "You are my fire." I start off but stop to rinse off my hair. "The one, desire." I hear from the opposite side of my wall.

I frown as I stare in the direction, recognizing the French accent to be Charles, my next door neighbor. I knew his shower was next to mine as I often heard him sing in the shower or shout cause the water was too hot but we have never showered at the same time. "Believe, when I say." I continue with a smile on my face. "I want it that way!" He exclaims making me giggle.

"Tell me why!" I continue as I hear his laugh, "Ain't nothing but a heart ache." He shouts whilst laughing making me shake my head, "Tell me why!" I shout whilst grabbing my conditioner, "Ain't nothing but a mistake!" "Now number 5!" I shout, remembering that once scene in that show Brooklyn Nine Nine. Charles burst out laughing, barely able to continue singing. "I never wanna hear you say!" He shouts in between laughter causing me to laugh even harder.

"I want it that way!" We both shout at the same time and we both burst into a fit of laughter. "Great duet Charles!" I exclaim as I hear him switch off the shower. "I needed that. Thank you Y/N." he says as I smile. "You're welcome. See you around!" I shout as he says a goodbye. I finish off my shower by washing my body and shaving my legs.

I get out the shower and place my favorite pajamas on, a pair of shorts with paw prints on and a matching shirt saying "Have you hugged your pug today?" with a picture of a pug on it (A/N - I actually have these pajamas and they are so cute). I quickly dry my hair and then put my hair into a messy bun. I walk out and see Nelson jumping around, "Tell me why!" He exclaims making me laugh. "Did you like our duet, Nelly?" I question as he nods his head vigorously.

"Love it! Love it!" He exclaims making me smile. "Wow, parrots really pick up songs quickly." I say to myself as Nelson continues to sing Backstreet Boys. "You're not gonna shut up now, are you?" I question as he shakes his head, "Nah nah nah." He says and then starts singing again. I sigh and decide that I would go say hello to Charles and see how he was doing since we were good friends because of us being neighbors.

As I walk out my apartment, I hear Nelson finish the song but then start again. I groan and close the door, stifling a laugh at that god damn parrot. Don't even ask me why I bought that parrot but sometimes it's nice to talk to an animal that will answer you back. I take a few steps to my right and knock on Charles door. Within a few seconds, he opens them door with a smile on his face, "Came to finish our karaoke session?" He questions making me roll my eyes.

"I actually came to get away form it. Nelson is singing it now." I say asking him laugh. He continues to laugh to the point that he is crying, "I love your parrot, Y/N." he says whilst wiping his eyes and stepping aside to let me in. "You're more than welcome to take him from me." I say with a small giggle. He shakes his head and closes the door behind me, "I'm good thanks. I don't feel like having my parrot sing Backstreet Boys to me." He says making me chuckle.

"What some coffee?" He asks as I nod. I follow him into the kitchen seeing large sums of paper work on his kitchen island. "Jeez! I thought all you needed to do was drive a car." I say making him chuckle. "I wish. I need to study data." He says. I see his smile disappear making me frown, "Are you alight, Charles?" I ask him as I hear him sigh. He turns around and hands me my coffee. I thank him as he sits next to me on one of the stools by the kitchen island.

"I'm just struggling with racing at the moment. I keep messing up." He says making me smile sympathetically at him. "It's okay. You'll have these moments but I promise you, you'll be on fire soon enough. What doesn't help your situation is your car. In the end, it's not all your fault. Your car is letting you down too." I say as he gives me a small smile. "I thought you didn't like racing." He says as he looks down at me, his green eyes staring into mine. "I always watch racing to support you." I say as he stares at me with a small smile on his face.

It's silent for awhile, becoming awkward. I look down at my coffee until I feel his slender finger under my chin, lifting my head up so I was forced to look back into his eyes. His face was so close to mine that his warm breath fanned over my face. "Would it be fine if I could kiss you?" He asks me, a slight red tint coloring his cheeks. "Of course." I say, barely audible, as he leans in and places his lips on mine.

Our lips fit together as if they were always made for each other. I knew I had a thing for Charles but I never guessed he liked me too. Charles pulls me off my chair whilst standing, picking me up, making me squeal. He carries us both to his bedroom and lays me down on his bed. He hovers over me and places his lips back on mine as we continue our heated makeout session.

I pull away, flustered as I stare into his eyes once again. "I don't think you know how long I've been waiting to do that." He says making us chuckle. "Well, I'm glad our duet led to this." I say making him chuckle and place his lips back on mine. And what can I say, the rest was history.

*****

I love this. Imagine having a duet with Charles. Something's in life are too much to ask for clearly :( I hope you enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx