(P) Oscar Piastri (3)

night
/nʌɪt/
noun
the period from sunset to sunrise in each twenty-four hours

"Can I stay the night?"
"I love you."

Y/N - your name

I look at my teammate and smile at him, even if he couldn't see it as my helmet was covering my face, as we enter the pits after some testing with Alpine. "That was so much fun." I say to the crew once getting out the car as they smile down at me, "Only the best for our next top drivers." They say with a wink. I blush at the comment, somewhat assuming that maybe myself and Oscar could be moving up in F1 pretty soon.

"Thanks guys. That was amazing. It's also nice to be here in Abu Dhabi." Oscar, my teammate, says as I nod in agreement. "No problem guys. Now go and get some rest you two! I'm sure you guys must be exhausted." One of the crew says as we nod in agreement.

We were currently testing in the middle of a heatwave in Abu Dhabi, which wasn't the smartest logically. The cars were struggling, and so were myself and Oscar, but Alpine just want to better their engine in tougher conditions like these. It made sense, but it meant that we had to drive later at night where the air was just a bit cooler. Not by much, but by a small amount so that myself and Oscar wouldn't die of a heatstroke.

I quickly get dressed and rush back to my hotel room which was right next to the track. I slip into my room and let a sigh of relief out, ready to switch the air conditioner on. Before doing so, I slip on a pair of pajama shorts on that have yellow flowers on them, and slip on a white tank top. I grab the remote and press the on button to the air conditioner, but nothing turns on. I frown and try again but to no success.

"You've got to be kidding me.' I say to myself before reaching for the phone and calling reception. "Hi ma'am. Is everything alright?" I hear a kind lady on the other side of the phone. "Hi. Sorry to disturb at such a bad time, but my air conditioner is not working." I say as I can hear her writing something down. "Thank you for telling us ma'am. Unfortunately we can't fix it right now but we will first thing tomorrow morning. What we can do is supply a fan if you'd like the fan." She says.

"I understand. I'll come fetch it quickly. I desperately need that fan." I say with a small laugh. "Perfect. Sorry about that ma'am. I think the heat is just breaking a lot of thinks." She says as I chuckle, "No problem. I understand." I say before saying a final goodbye. I don't even bother slipping anything on and walk downstairs to go and fetch the fan. In a matter of minutes, I have the fan set up in my room. It's a small fan but it was good enough to do the job, so I thought.

I turn it on and jump into bed before attempting to go to sleep. I toss and turn, hating the feeling of the sheets sticking to my skin. The fan wasn't helping much and was rather blowing hot air around the room. I groan in frustration and sit up, thinking of what I could do next. I needed sleep desperately because tomorrow was going to be a long day. We would be driving in the morning for a short time to ensure that we didn't stay as long at the track like we did tonight, bosses orders.

I look down at my phone, 22:35 is the time and the temperature 23. How can it be so hot here, oh my soul. I stand up and walk out of my hotel room to the room next door, which is Oscars. We are pretty close, not best friend close, but we are still close. We've been together since day one when I joined F2 and Alpine which ultimately created a pretty strong bond between the two of us, as friends of course. I lift my hand up to knock on the door, but I stop myself, not wanting to wake him up. I fight with myself until I just do it, hoping he wouldn't be mad.

In a few seconds, Oscar opens the door with just a pair of boxer shorts on. I look up at him, trying not to look down at his bulge and his abs. "Y/N? Is everything alright?" He asks, concern lacing his voice. "I'm sorry for waking you up." I say rather than telling him why I'm here. "Don't be. I just woke up anyway for some water. I am so dehydrated from today." He says with a slight chuckle. "So what's up?" He asks again as I let out a nervous sigh.

"Can I stay the night?" I ask, his eyebrows raising at my question. "My air conditioner is broken and they can't fix it now. They gave me a fan but it's so useless I might as well not have one." I say with a small chuckle. "No problem, Y/N. Come inside, my room is ice cold." He says as he steps aside so I can walk through his room.

He wasn't lying, his room is ice cold. "Ugh, this is amazing." I breath out as the air conditioner blows on my sweaty skin. He chuckles and nods, "I know right. I'm sure your room is a sauna right now." He says as I nod vigorously. "Do not walk into my room. It's terribly hot." I say as I finally feel myself starting to relax. "So do you want the bed?" He asks as I look at him, "I don't mind if we share. But only if you want and if you're comfortable with it." I say as he nods and smiles. "Just a warning, I'm a snuggler." He says making me laugh.

I would be lying if I didn't say he was attractive, but we are teammates so I don't want us to breakup whilst we are teammates. That's a recipe for disaster. We walk to his bed and get in, laying under the thin blankets comfortably. "Sleep well, Y/N." He says as I smile. I face him but I can't see much of him, just his outline. "You too, Oscar." I say before closing my eyes. After a matter of minutes, I was close to falling asleep. "I love you." I hear Oscar say, catching me way off guard.

Was be saying he loves me? Or was he talking in his sleep. I open my eyes, seeing him still facing me but his breathing was too irregular for him to be asleep. He must have thought I was asleep. "Did you just say you love me?" I ask bluntly as I see his breathing stop. "No." He says but elongates the 'o'. "Oscar..." I trail off as he sits up and lets out a sigh. "Yeah I said that. I thought you were asleep. Sorry for making things so awkward." He says as I look up at him, still laying on my side.

I can't help but smile at the Australian. I don't say anything but I get up and press my lips onto his. The kiss is sweet and simple, definitely nothing heated. His lips taste like vanilla, possibly from his lip balm he is always putting on, which only enhances the kiss even more. I pull away and feel my cheeks heat up, thankful that the lights were off. "Wow." He says making me giggle. "Wow indeed." I say as I move myself to lay on his chest.

"So you like me too?" He asks as I scoff, "No, I kissed you cause I hate you." I say as he laughs loudly. "Okay, okay. Dumb question." He says as he slips down further into the sheets. He wraps me up tightly in a hug, holding me close to his cool body. "Oh, by the way, I love you too." I say, my smile wide and my cheeks hurting from the smile. It's silent, but I can almost feel the huge smile spread across his face. We fall asleep with no further words spoken, but a million flowing through our mind as we can't help but gush over what happened just a moment ago.

*****

Hates the ending, but love this imagine nevertheless. Btw, do y'all call lip balm "lip ice". Idk if it's just me or all South Africans, but I call it that and it honestly makes so much sense. Anyway, enough language. Stay safe lovies xx