(P) Oscar Piastri (4)

misunderstood
/mɪsʌndəˈstʊd/
adjective
incorrectly interpreted or understood.

"You know what, fuck you."
"Did you even love me?"

Y/N - your name

A wide smile spreads across my face as I see the Silverstone track come into view, excitement filling my veins as I shake my leg nervously. "You excited?" My mom asks me as my head whips towards her. "Yeah I am. I haven't seen Oscar in such a long time." I say as I look back at the track. "You are meeting Candice there right?" My mom asks as I nod my head.

"Yeah, she promised me that she'd come with me." I say as we stop in the parking lot. "Stay safe, hun. If anything goes wrong, just give me a call, okay?" My mom asks as I nod. "I love you, ma." I say as I press a kiss to her cheek. "Love you too, honey. Have fun!" She shouts as I step out the car. I walk to the entrance and get in, in a matter of minutes, and slip into the grandstands.

I planned on watching the race first and then going to the garage where I knew Oscar would be. Because it was race day, they would be in the pits as they needed to change the tires. I was also supposed to be meeting my best friend, Candice, but as time passes I assume she couldn't make it.

I watch the race by myself, but enjoy it nevertheless. I enjoy the thrill and the sound of the F2 cars. The race ends in a bang, Oscar snatching a P3. It was close, but Im glad he was able to get it as he was now in the runs for a championship win. Obviously anything can happen, especially in F2, but I know Oscar has so much potential.

I get out of my seat and rush down towards the garage. Since the security guards know me, they let me in with a big smile and a warm hello. I walk towards the garage where I knew Oscar was as I saw him do his pit stop there. I see Robert walking towards me, exiting the garage as well.

"Y/N! Good to see you. It's been forever." The tall koala bear exclaims as he embraces me. "Nice seeing you too, Robert." I say as I pull away. "Is Oscar in the garage?" I ask as he nods. "Yeah, he's with Candice." Robert adds as I nod but with a frown etched on my face. "Mhm, I wonder why she didn't come and sit by me?" I question, more to myself, as Robert shrugs.

"Must I lead you too them? I'm sure they waiting for you.' Robert asks as I nod. We walk towards the garage, not a word falling from either of our lips. I was still trying to process why Candice was with Oscar when she promised she'd be by me. As I turn the corner to enter the garage from the pits, my heart drops as I see something that surprises me and Robert.

Candice has her lips attached to Oscars. Oscar looks shocked, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't look like he's enjoying it. Time seems to stop as all the times Candice used to flirt with Oscar comes rushing through my find, going as fast as a formula 1 car.

I always thought it was weird that she flirted with him, but he never took it well. He'd always awkwardly laugh or complain about it later, so why was he kissing her now? I didn't like that she flirted with him, calling him cute or brushing up against him, but whenever I confronted her she denied it being flirting.

"Oh, y/n, you're so dramatic! You know I'd never flirt with your own boyfriend. You're just over complicating it. I'm just being nice. God, can't a girl be nice anymore?" Candice questions as she plays games in her phone as we lay down on my bed. "I know, I know. I'm just tell you what I see." I say as she shrugs, "Well, what you're seeing is wrong. Don't stress yourself over shit that isn't true." She adds as I shrug, sweeping this issue under the rug.

I look up at Robert who's mouth is open, "Y/N, I swear I never knew." He says as he looks down at me. I believe him, his face proving it anyway. It's easy to tell the difference when someone is lying and when someone isn't, especially when you're studying psychology anyway. "I don't know what to say." I say as I feel tears start falling on to my cheeks.