Alex Albon (1)

hangover
/ˈhaŋəʊvə/
noun
a severe headache or other after-effects caused by drinking an excess of alcohol.

Y/N - your name

"Yes Y/N! Shake that ass!" My best friend, James, shouted as I dropped it low and did as I was told. "Go sis!" He shouted as I lifted my arms, letting the alcohol and music run through my veins. We were currently at the hottest club in England, having a much needed party break.

Myself and James were attending medical school together and to say it was draining was an understatement. Myself and James combined probably ran on 10 hours of sleep per week. All we did was study, study and study. We also barely had time to go out partying so when we were told that we had a month break, we took it as an opportunity to 1) catch up on sleep and 2) party like there's no tomorrow.

We invited a lot of our classmates that weren't going back home to spend time with their parents if they wanted to join us tonight and surprisingly, quite a few joined us. As much as they all joined us, they were all pretty boring and were just sitting at the table, most likely chatting about medical school. But all I wanted to do was to forget about medical school for once.

"I'm gonna go get another drink " I shouted over the words of Ariana Grande's song Break Free as James nodded. "Be careful tho! You're a light weight!" He shouted as he shot me a warning glare. I rolled my eyes and ignored his comment. He wasn't wrong tho. Give me about 3 beers and I will be on the floor. Tonight, however, I wanted to just let loose. Who cares if I drink too much?

I walk over to the bar in my black high heels that matched my black dress, "Hey. Can I please have a shot of tequila?" I asked as he nodded. "One or two love?" He asked as he grabbed the bottle. "Make it 3." I said with a smile as he nodded and grabbed three shot glasses and three slices of lemon. "Damn girl. Three?" A man questioned next to me.

I turned my head to be faced with a baby face with a wide smile yet shock evident on his face. "Yes. I really need them." I said with a chuckled as he laughed at my comment. "Tough week at work?" He asked as the bartender placed the three shot glasses in front of me. I grabs one as I looked at him, "You could say that." I said as I licked the salt off of my hand and took the shot. I grabbed the slice of lemon quickly as I felt the burning sensation down my throat.

"What do you do for a living?" He asked as I looked at him and swallowed hard, attempting to get rid of the feeling in my throat. "I'm in medical school." I said as I put salt on my hand and repeated the shot. "Wow! That must be tough." He said as I nodded with a face, "When I tell you, you've probably had more sleep this week than I've had the whole of last month." I said as I grabbed the final shot, not even bothering with the salt and lemon slice.

"I'm sorry, love. Is that why you partying?" "Yeah. We got a month off so I'm using this month to sleep and party until I drop." I said as I looked at him properly. He had dark eyes and a very cute hairstyle that definitely matched his cute smile. "I'm Y/N by the way." "I'm Alex." He said as I gave him a smile and shook his extended hand.

"Wanna dance?" I asked as I felt the tequila already making me even more tipsy than I already was. "I'm not much of a dancer." "Oh come on! No one here is gonna judge you. I promise." I said as he chuckled. "They will." He said as he pointed to a group of guys. "They are all my mates. They will take the absolute piss out of me." He said as I scoffed. "Fuck them. In the end, you the one that's dancing with a girl." I said.

He shook his head as he grabbed my hand, "You're right. Let's dance shall we." He said as we walked to the dance floor. A song I didn't know the name of started playing as I moved my hips to the beat. Alex was quite stiff but he started relaxing as he saw how cool I was with this situation. I turned my body as I started to grind on him. I felt him stiffen at the touch but relax as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I felt my vision starting to blur as I turned and looked at him. His cute baby face was now just a blur as I tried staring at him intently. I blinked my eyes as I tried to focus on the cute boy in front of me, but to no success. After that, I didn't remember a thing.

I wake up with a pounding on the right side of my head. "Ouch." I groan as I struggle to open my eyes. The light from the curtains were hurting my eyes as I tried blinking to help. Eventually I opened my eyes slightly as I looked at the room I was in. Despite the pain I was in, I sat up quickly as I didn't recognize the room I was in. I looked around and next to me but didn't see anyone lying next to me. I looked down to see I still had my black dress on but under a big hoodie.

"Hey. You finally woke up." I heard as I looked up and saw Alex. "Morning Alex." I said as I rubbed my head. "Afternoon, love." He said as I felt me cheeks heat up. "Have I been out for that long?" I question as he nods his head and places a glass of water on the bedside table with a tablet. "Not an issue. You were quite drunk last night. Here's some pills to sort that hangover out." He said as I gave him a grateful smile.

I quickly drank the pill as I stared at him. "Why am I hear?" "Well, while we were dancing you started swaying a lot and could barely stand up. A guy named James said he would take you home but I could see he was drunk so I said I would take you home instead. He started an argument with me but eventually gave up as you told him in your drunken state that you knew me and was cool with going home with me." He said as I nodded.

"So here you are. I hope that's fine. It was also really cold last night so I put on one of my hoodies for you to sleep in." He said as I smiled, "Thank you Alex. I owe you." He shook his head in response. "The only way you can owe me is if you join me for dinner tonight once you feel better." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. I blushed and I nodded, "I'd love too."

*****