Carlos Sainz (7)

third party
noun
a person or group besides the two primarily involved in a situation, especially a dispute.

I look at my best friend, Fanny, and finally burst out laughing, "How stupid do you think I am?" I ask her as she scoffs, "Please Y/N! I don't wanna go on this date by myself." She says as I raise my eyebrows, "So now I must third wheel? Not a chance, hun. I love you, but not that much." I say as she scoffs, "You wont be third wheeling. Please, I just wanna make sure he's a good guys after my last date." She says, referring to her last date who was a complete creep. I swear, she can only choose weirdo's. I sigh and nod my head as she squeals whilst attacking me in a bone crushing hug. With that, we start getting ready.

I put on a simple pair of blue ripped jeans and a white lacy top that hugged my curves as Fanny gets dressed in a baby blue dress. "You look stunning, friend." She says to me as we start making our way out her apartment. "Thanks, you too Fans." I say as I get into the car. I drive us there as Fanny couldn't drive for shit. How this girl hasn't been in an accident is beyond me.

"Are you excited?" Fanny asks me as I frown at her, "Hun, I'm not the one going on the date." I say as she giggles, "But I mean for whoever you're gonna be on a double date with." She says as I chuckle, "This isn't a double date, we just third and fourth wheeling." I state as she laughs loudly, "But seriously, Y/N, enjoy yourself. It's been ages since you've gone out on a date." Fanny says as I park the car, "Yeah and I plan to keep it like that after this date. I'm just not interested in getting into another relationship with a guy who is bound to beak my heart like my ex did." I say as she gives me a sympathetic smile.

We get out the car and make our way into the roller skating rink. We pay for our shoes and start skating despite the boys not being there. After skating for about 5 minutes, I hear Fanny's name being called. I follow Fanny as she makes her way to a short boy with a very handsome looking fellow next to him. I assume the Spanish God was the one Fanny would be going on a date with but to my surprise, the short boy hands her a bouquet of roses.

"Lando, this is my friend, Y/N." She introduces me as we hug each other. "This is Carlos." He introduces the Spanish man as he sends me a million dollar smile. Man, he is hella attractive. We make our way to the rink and start chatting as a group of four until Fanny and Lando disappear together, skating the night away. Well, I should say Fanny was skating. Lando was just falling over the whole time. Even as an F1 driver, he was pretty useless at balancing.

"So you're an F1 driver?" I ask Carlos as I do a spin. "I am indeed, and you bonita?" He asks me as I feel my heart flutter. That is possibly the most sexiest name I have ever been called by a man. "I am a sales manager." I say as he raises his eyes, "That's super interesting." He says as I chuckle, "I honestly wish it was. Its just like your average job, much to my disappointment." I say as he frowns at me, "Why a disappointment?" He asks me as he tries to do a spin but ultimately almost falls over, causing me to laugh.

"You see, I studied tourism and marketing in university, hoping to open my own hotel called Luxury but it's a lot harder than it seems. I couldn't do it, no matter how hard I tried so I accepted that and moved on to sales management." I say as he smiles sympathetically at me, "I'm sorry." He says as I chuckle, "Don't be! Remember, everything in life happens for a reason." I say as he smiles at me, "Would that include this date?" He asks as I smile up at him, finding myself easily getting lost in his dark brown eyes, "Yes, this date included." I say as he flashes me a million dollar smile.

"How about you say we ditch this place?" He asks as he steps off of the rink, "But what about Lando and Fanny?" I question as I look at the two on the opposite of the rink on the floor, laughing so loudly that I'm sure America could hear them. "We can pick them up later." He says as he offers me his hand. I take it without a second thought, ready for the night ahead. "The way you said that we will pick them up later really makes I sound like they are our kids." I joke as we hop into his Ferrari, "With Lando's maturity, he is definitely a child." He answers whilst starting the car as we share another laugh.

"So tell me, your favorite take out restaurant is..." He trails off as he points to me. "Can't go wrong with McDonald's." I say as he nods his head and starts the car. The car roars as we pull off. "Oh my god. This car sounds so sexy." I say as he laughs loudly. "Car girl?" He asks as he starts driving to the nearest McD's. "100%. I absolutely love fast cars." I say as he smiles over at me.

Before I could speak again about cars, we arrive at McDonalds. We get out the car and order our food. We eat it in McDonalds, as I didn't want to mess it in his car. We talk non-stop, not shutting up for even 1 second as we talked about our lives and what we wanted in the future.

We walk outside after finishing our meal, "Thanks Carlos, you didn't have to buy us food." I say as he scoffs, "I know how to treat a lazy, Miss Y/N! You never leaver her hungry." He says as I giggle, "Amen." I say as we make it to his car. Before I could walk to the passenger side, Carlos walks there first, "Come on, car girl, lets see how well you drive a Ferrari." He says as he tosses me his keys. "No ways Carlos! I cant." I say but he shakes his head, "You're driving." He bluntly says before getting into the car.

I sit in the car and adjust my seat, only for Carlos to laugh at how short I am. I start the car before pulling out and driving slowly back to the skating rink. "Step on it, Y/N!" Carlos exclaims as I chuckle. I do as I am told as we both laugh at the amazing fast feeling the car makes us feel. Once we've reached the rink, I squeal as I hug him tightly, "That was amazing! Thank you Carlos." I say as I look into his dark brown eyes. I feel myself leaning in, as did he, until we are interrupted by a tap on the window.

"And you two didn't invite us?" Lando questions as Fanny laughs. We get out the car and have a small conversation with Fanny and Lando, agreeing to meet up again to do this once again. Fanny and Lando say their goodbyes as I look over at Carlos. "Will I be seeing you again?" I ask as he smiles wide, "Yes you definitely will be. You owe me a kiss." He says with a wink as I feel my cheeks het up. "See you soon Carlos." I say as I hug him tightly. "See you soon Y/N." He says before he presses a kiss to my cheek.

*****

Man, there's something about Carlos driving a Ferrari that just makes me happy. Hope you all are doing well and are thriving (can't relate as maths is ✨ killing ✨ me). Stay safe lovies xx