George Russell (10)

propose
/prəˈʊz/
verb
put forward (a plan or suggestion) for consideration by others.

Y/N - your name

George pulls out the chair for me, being the real gentleman I fell in love with 2 years ago. "Thanks George." I say as I sit down. "No problem, my love." He says as he rushes over to his side. He takes a seat himself, sighing as he reaches over and grabs my hand. "In the middle of Italy with the love of my life. Life couldn't get any better." He says making me blush at his sweet comment.

I'm about to thank him and send a compliment his way, but the waitress cuts me off. "Hey guys. What would you like to drink?" She asks as I look over at George. "Can we have a bottle of red wine please?" He asks as she nods. She rushes off, clearly under a lot of pressure with how crowded the restaurant is. "It's so beautiful here." I say as I look around, having the ocean view beside me. "It really is. Finally, we can have our dream holiday in Italy.' He says as he admires me.

"Thanks for this. For everything actually. You've really made these past few years with you special." I say, referring to our 2 year anniversary holiday we are currently on. "No need to say thank you. It's my job to spoil you with special gifts and love every once in awhile." He says as he presses a gentle kiss to my hand. I blush at his gesture and carry on chatting to him about the random stuff we talk about.

"So, you haven't been telling me what's going on with Mercedes. Are you still looking to go there?" I ask as he shrugs, "I'm not sure if I want to anymore. I mean, I don't want to become another Bottas." He says as I nod in agreement, "Maybe when Hamilton retires?" I question as he nods with a big smile, "Oh, definitely then." He says just as the waitress arrives.

We order our food, a simple pasta for George and a small pizza for me. "I'll be back in a minute babe, I just want to use the bathroom quickly." I say as I stand up. He nods his head, nervous actually, as he nods towards the direction of the bathroom, "Over there, remember love." He says as I nod, thanking him as I quickly rush to the bathroom before it gets really full and a line starts forming.

George's POV

I let out a nervous sigh as I pull out the diamond ring and look at it. I really wanted to propose tonight, pretty fitting with our anniversary just a few days ago. I organized this trip specifically for this moment but I really feel as if I'm about to chicken out. How was I going to propose to her? What do I say? Yeah sure I have written a whole speech and memorized it, but I know as soon as she notices the ring in her wine glass, I will forget everything I've learnt.

I look back to see her coming out of the bathroom. I shake my head, "YOLO." I say to myself and quickly slip the ring into the dark red liquid. Where I got this idea? I have no clue. I thought it would be different, and something to always remember and a nice story to tell our kids one day. Y/N sits back down, looking gorgeous as ever as I lift up my glass. "To us." I say as she smiles and does the same.

Your POV

"To us." I answer George as I clink our glasses. I chuckle, "Bottles up." I jokes before chugging the whole glass. "No!" George shouts making me jump. "What?" I ask once swallowing the last bit of my wine. George is staring at me in disbelief, not believing his eyes. "Wait, what did I do?" I ask as he shakes his head. "The ring." He says as I frown.

"What ring?" I bombard him with question after question as he just shakes his head. "The ring, it was in the wine." He says as I raise my eyebrows in shock. "Wait, you put a ring in my wine glass?" I ask as he nods his head. People stare at us, confused faces but also amusement on some of their faces as they could hear us. "Oh no... I'm so sorry." I apologize but George just shakes his head, a small smile on his lips, "It's okay. It's just, we gonna have to get you to the hospital." He says as I nod in agreement.

We leave a load of cash on the table and rush out the restaurant, apologizing to the manager and our waitress on the way out, "It's an emergency!" George shouts as we run to his car. We rush to the hospital, filled with worry but also the urge to laugh throughout the drive. "I can't believe you put the ring in my wine." I say as we walk to the receptionist in the hospital, "I didn't expect you to drink the whole thing." He defends but it just makes us laugh.

"Hi, we have a little bit of an emergency. My girlfriend here swallowed a ring and we need to get it out." George explains as the lady watches us with an amused smile. "You guys just made my night. Come right this way, it's an easy process so no need to freak out." She says as we follow her to an empty hospital room with a bed. "The Doctor will be with you shortly." She says as she walks out, giggling much to better.

Oh how I wish that doctor never came. The process of getting the ring out wasn't painful or challenging, but I had to see the inside of my stomach. The doctor basically fished it out of my stomach (A/N - idk if this is what they do but roll with it). George was so green that I honestly thought he was gonna throw up. But like a champ, he didn't.

"And here is your ring! We did give it a good wash so no need to worry about the smell." The doctor says as he hands George the ring. "Now lets try not to swallow it this time." The doctor continues as myself and George chuckle. We thank him and make our way outside back to his car. "I can't believe you put the ring in my wine.' I say again as George scoffs, "Shut up! I thought it would be cute and memorable." He says as we stop outside of his Mercedes.

"Well, this is definitely memorable." I say as we share a laugh. George looks down at the ring and then back up at me. He gets down on one knee and lets out a nervous sigh, "Listen , this definitely didn't go as planned. I thought we would've been back at the hotel, probably naked in each other's arms but we are instead stuck at the hospital after my failed proposal. But, this is the exact reason why I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Every moment is something new and special, and definitely fun. Not a minute goes by that I'm not laughing at one of your stupid dad jokes or one of your clumsy moment. You're so special, Y/N, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Please make me the happiest man in the world and say yes to my next question, Will you marry me?" George asks as I look down at him, tears streaming down my face.

"Yes George. I'll marry you." I say as he slips the ring on my finger. He stands up and presses his lips to mine, sharing a romantic kiss in the middle of a hospital parking lot. "Now lets go back to the hotel. We need to do something now as each other's fiancé." He says as I smile up at him, knowing exactly what he was referring too. "Lead the way, Mr Russell." I say as he opens the door for me.

*****

Okay but like this was actually kinda cute and funny. Hope y'all enjoy yes. Stay safe lovies xx