(P) Mick Schumacher (7)

despair
/dɪˈspɛː/
noun
the complete loss or absence of hope.

I look at the words on my phone and roll my eyes. Great, another break up via text, what a man. I roll over and stare up at the ceiling. What's the point in love when no one in this generation can love you back the same way you love them? I take in a deep breath and nod my head, this is the final relationship I'm ever gonna be in because how can you believe in love when there is no such thing as love in the world we live in today. All hope that I have had is gone in a single second and I doubt no one can change the way I think.

Across the world, a man sits with tears in his eyes as he let out a tired and almost defeated sigh. "Dad, what's the point in love?" He questions to himself as he looks at the picture of his father on the wall. "Why can't someone just love me the way I love them? Is it that hard to love me or is it just too difficult for people to love anyone else but themselves?" He questions as he stares at the man holding a world championship trophy with a massive smile on his face. The young man rolls over and looks to the ceiling, "No more loving, Mick." He whispers to himself before going to sleep.

-

I walk through the doors of the Haas building to be greeted by my friend, Peggy, "Y/N! I'm so happy you decided to work here and not Mercedes." She jokes as I laugh, "You know how much I hate Mercedes." I say as I hug her tightly, "Right, lets get going and let me introduce you to everyone." She says as she pulls me further into the building.

I basically spend the majority of the day saying hello to everyone and being introduced to the cars, to know what I would be doing for the whole season. "So, do you think you're ready?" Peggy asks as I nod my head, "I've never been so excited." I state as she smiles. "Oh my god, look at that snack behind you." She says as I look behind me to see Nikita Mazepin, "Nikita?" I questions with a disgusted tone in my voice only for her to gag, "Jesus Christ, Y/N. Behind him." She says as I look back to see Mick Schumacher.

He is super handsome. I adore men with blonde hair and blue eyes (promise I'm not a rebirth of Hitler) and he is genuinely such a nice guy. A complete contradiction of Nikita. He looks over at me as his deep sea blue eyes connect with mine. I feel my stomach do flips. Why was I feeling like this? I shake the feeling off of me and look back at Peggy, "He totally fancies you." She says as I chuckle, "Yeah right. Besides, I'm against love." I say as we start walking to the food center.

"What? Why?" She asks as we grab a tray and start dishing up some lunch. "Because, Peggy, all the guys I've ever dated are such shit heads. They only care about themselves and can't love me back the way I love them." I say as we start walking to our table, "But Mick wouldn't be like that." She says as we sit down and start eating, "Neither was Harry or Frank to you, but look where I am now." I say as she sighs, "I get it but don't just give up on love. It sometimes comes very unexpectedly." She says as I scoff, "Yeah, right." I say as I go to take a bite of my lasagna.

As I'm about too, I feel hot food come into contact with my shoulder. I gasp as I stand up and look at the culprit. Stood there was Mick with wide eyes, "I am so sorry! I lost my balance." He says as he rushes over to me and tries to wipe off the lasagna from my shoulder. I chuckle as I look into his eyes, once again feeing that flipping feeling in my stomach, "Don't stress yourself. Its really okay." I say with a smile as I stand up and make my way to the girls bathroom.

As I am wiping some of the mess, Mick walks into the bathroom with a shirt, "This is one of my shirts so it might be bigger but at least it's clean." He says as he hands me the shirt. "Thanks Mick. You really didn't have too." I say as I smile at him, "You don't deserve to go around smelling like lasagna the whole day." He says as we both laugh.

Mick's POV

I look at the young girl as I internally curse myself. This girl made me feel a way that I didn't wanna feel. I promised myself and my dad that I wouldn't all in love but here I was falling in love with a complete stranger. She is beautiful though, even covered in lasagna. I knew what I had to do, despite my promise to myself just the other night, "Would you maybe like to go out?" I ask as I scratch the back of my neck, hoping to God she says yes.

She looks at me, doubt written all over her face. Just as I think she's about to answer no, "I'd love too." She answers as I smile down at her. "Great! I'll pick you up tonight?" I question as I hand her my phone. "That sounds perfect." She says as I smile down at her as she punches in her numbers. "I'm Y/N by the way." She says as she hands me my phone back. "Mick." I say as she smiles up at me, "See you tonight, Mick." She answers as she walks out. Right then and there, I knew I had fallen hard for her.

*****

Ooooo maybe a part 2? Okay, off topic but y'all I gotta vent. So this guy at my school CUT MY HAIR. I meant, WTF! Like, for shit sakes, we are 18 and he is acting as if he is 5. Girls, Y'all would've been so proud of me because I didn't hit him (because I'm better than that). It took every ounce of me not to throw him out of that window. I was soooooo mad and I still am. I am so tired of going to school with a bunch of rich, entitled pricks. Okay, now that I am done, I hope you guys enjoyed! Stay safe and keep you hair in a bun! xx