Carlos Sainz (5)

choice
/tʃɔɪs/
noun
an act of choosing between two or more possibilities.

Y/N - your name

I let out a shaky sigh as I re-read Carlos's message. "Hey baby. I'm sorry but I'm running late again. Happy anniversary my love. We will celebrate when we have a weekend off to ourselves." I read out loud to my Labrador, Princess. "That's pretty shit, isn't it?" I question as she wags her tail and sniffs my hand. She jumps up on the couch and lays her head on my lap, clearly understanding that I'm pretty sad.

"What am I gonna do, Princess? I love him, and clearly so do you with all the treats he gives you, but I can't keep feeling this sadness every time he can't make it home for something special. I mean, he even missed my birthday." I say to Princess as she lets out a soft yawn. I give her a small smile and tickle her head, "Well, I have you and I'm not complaining about that. Imma go grab some wine, I'm guessing you want a treat?" I question as she lifts her head up at the sound of the word treat.

I chuckle as she jumps off and runs to the kitchen. I follow and grab her a treat or two and grab myself a whole bottle of wine and a single glass. I sit down back on the couch and let out a sigh as I open the bottle and pour myself a glass, "Happy anniversary." I softly say, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. I hand Princess her treat and take a sip of my wine.

-

I wake up the next morning with a back ache. I let out a groan and rub my eyes to see that the sun hasn't even risen. I sigh and grab my phone, which was besides me on the couch, and checked to see many missed calls and messages from Carlos. I sigh, not really wanting to answer his messages but I'm cut short when his contact number pops up as he was calling me.

I reluctantly answer as I hear his heavy breaths, "Y/N! Are you alright?" He asks as it sounds like he is climbing some stairs. "Yeah. Why?" I ask as I sit up and stretch my back, hearing it click. I look to see Princess asleep in her doggy bed which brought a small smile on my face as her soft snores could be heard. "You never answered my calls." He says. Before I can answer, the front door opens to reveal a sweaty Carlos.

He ends the call and runs to me, wrapping me up in a tight hug. I want to hug him back just as tightly but I couldn't. Carlos clearly notices as he pulls away and frowns at me. "Babe, what's wrong?" He asks. I open my mouth to answer him but nothing come out. I let out a shaky breath and stare into his dark eyes, "I hate that you're constantly gone. I can't handle not seeing you on important days. Yes, I'm happy for you and your job but I miss you, Carlos." I say, finally spilling my heart out.

He sighs and rubs my shoulder, "I thought this would be a problem. I've noticed since I missed your birthday that you've been off with me and rightly so. Babe, I know you're taking strain and this is the only reason why I'm saying this, if you need to leave then do it. In the end, I only want to set you free so you can live your life and find someone who can love you unlike I'm able to. But by saying that, it kills me because I just want you all to myself because I love you so god damn much and I don't know... I don't know what I'm gonna do without you." He says, his voice cracking at the end causing my heart to shatter.

"Carlos... I wasn't planning on leaving. I'm sorry that I've pulled away and been off but I just hurt. But I refuse to leave my soul mate. I didn't believe in love nor soul mates before we met but when I laid my eyes on you at the Real Madrid vs Liverpool game, I knew we were meant to be, despite the tragedy of you supporting the shitter team." I joke. He shoves me slightly and stares into my eyes. "So, what is your choice?" He asks.

I grab his hand and entwine my fingers with his and give it a light squeeze, "I'm not going anywhere. Never have been and never will." I say causing him to smile from ear to ear. He leans in and places his lips on mine. I sigh in contempt, happy to have his lips back on mine after a month of not seeing him. He pulls away and stands up, pulling me up with him.

"Oh by the way, happy anniversary." He says as he hands me a little box. I gasp, "Is it-" "Open it and you'll see, princess." He says with a small smile. I open the box and loan and behold, it was a stunning diamond ring. I look up at him to see that he is down on one knee. He takes the box out of my hand, "I'm so in love with you, Y/N. I knew the day that we met, we were meant to be despite our difference in taste with football teams. Please, Y/N, will you do the honor and marry me?"

I nod my head, not being able to fathom words. He chuckles and places the diamond ring on my finger. He stands up and wraps his arms around my waist, "I love you, Y/N." he says and kisses my hair, "I love you too, Carlos." I whisper, letting happy tears spill from my eyes.

*****

I really like this imagine. Kinda short but it's cute. I hope y'all enjoyed! Remember to vote for your fav chapters! I am starting exams so I will be MIA for about a month but I'll try and update when I can. Stay safe xx