Arthur Leclerc (4)

defend
/dɪˈfɛnd/
verb
resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger

Y/N - your name

I walk out of my office and wave at the receptionist. "Sorry again for making you stay late, Y/N." Olivia, the receptionist, states as I shake my head. "Don't stress, I know Gavin is throwing you under the bus with a bucket load of work." I say, referring to my boss. Olivia is new and like all newbies, they get all the work even if they have no relations with that side of the job. I decided to help her, just so she feels as if she isn't alone at this big company.

"Thanks Y/N. See you tomorrow." She says as she waves me off one last time. I wave back and start my journey back home. Unfortunately I didn't have my car because it needed to get fixed as the brakes snapped a few days ago so now I was left walking back home. I normally would've taken the bus, but because it's so late there aren't any busses at this time.

I walk with my coat wrapped around me tightly. Whilst walking, boys whistle at me, calling me beautiful and asking if I wanted to go home with them. I ignore them, knowing that these pigs will never change and confronting them all by myself wouldn't do me any good. "Princess, wait up. Don't leave daddy here." I hear someone shout behind me. I look back to see an old white man with an evil smile. I shake my head and carry on walking, not willing to give him the satisfaction of answering him.

I turn into an alley way, needed the short cut so I can make it home quicker. I feel someone grab my shoulder, not roughly but it was enough to spook me. I turn around, without even looking, and punch the guy hitting his nose pretty hard. I grab my hand as I swear in pain, rubbing my knuckles. I look at the ground seeing a young man clutching his nose. Oh no, I punched a random guy.

"Fuck." The guy says as he shakes his head, "Why did you hit me?" He continues, as he moves his hand from his nose. I see the blood trickling down his face, barely as there wasn't much light around us. "I am so sorry. I thought you were that guy that was cat calling me." I say as I walk towards him, offering him my hand. He grabs it as we stand up. He was quite good looking, at least from what I could see.

"I was actually trying to pull you away from them, pretending to be your boyfriend.  He says with a slight laugh. "I feel so bad. I live a block away. Come in so I can at least clean you up and give you a cup of coffee." I say as I look up into his eyes. He nods his head, "That's a good enough apology for me." He says as we start walking to my house.

"I'm Arthur." He says as he offers me his hand. I shake it, "I'm Y/N." I say but later flinch as he grips my hand too hard. "Sorry." He says as I chuckle. "Don't be, it's the hand I punched you with." I say as I pull out my key, opening my apartment. We walk to the bathroom. I grab the first aid kit whilst he sits on the bathroom counter. "I must admit you hit fucking hard.' He says as I laugh.

I wipe the blood from his nose, feeling the bridge of his nose making sure I haven't broken it. "I was so scared I just hit as hard as I could. If it makes you feel better, my knuckles are gonna be bruised for awhile." I say as he chuckles. He hisses as I finish off wiping the little blood left on his nose. "Again, I am really sorry." I say as I start throwing everything away and cleaning the area.

"Again, it's really okay. You were scared and rightly so. Those men were super creepy." He says as he follows me to my kitchen. I switch on the kettle as I take a seat next to him by the kitchen island. "So how did you know I was uncomfortable?" I question as he shrugs, "I just assumed you wouldn't want those men hitting on you, and I'm glad because that one old guy was following you." He says as I nod, "That's why I punched you, I thought you were that creepy guy." I say as he chuckles, "I figured once you hit me." He says as we share a chuckle.

"Coffee or tea?" I question once the kettle stops boiling. "Coffee please." He says as I nod, making him a cup. We sit down and chat for the remainder of the night, completely forgetting about the time as we get to know each other. I find out about his brother and that he's following in his brothers footsteps, as well as that he was single which was a massive bargain.

"Oh shit, look at the time. I best get home." Arthur says as he smiles at me. His face was really swollen now as around his eyes started bruising. "I'm so sorry I didn't even realize how it's past midnight." I say as we both stand up. I walk him to my door as we stand there, silence taking over both of us. "I actually really enjoyed tonight, except for when you punched me." He says as we laugh once again.

"How about this, why don't you take me on a date to say sorry." Arthur continues talking as I feel myself blush. As I'm about to answer, he cuts me off, "Unless you don't want to. I totally get it." He says as I chuckle again. "I'd love to actually." I say as he smiles down at me. "You don't have to pay, I was just joking." He rambles on as I shake my head. I pull him into a hug which shuts him up.

"How about tomorrow?" I ask as he thinks for a moment. "I should be free. Can I have your number to just let you know if need be?" He asks as I nod my head. We quickly exchange numbers before he had to head home. I wave him goodbye one last time before I head inside and close my door. I sigh in satisfaction, pretty excited for my date tomorrow with the boy I punched.

*****

I hope you guys enjoyed! I couldn't come up with a great ending so y'all just gonna have to deal with that. Stay safe lovies xx