Daniel Ricciardo (9)

camping
/ˈkampɪŋ/
noun
the activity of spending a holiday living in a tent

Y/N - your name

The sound of the front door opening and closing catches my attention. "I'm home, bitch!" Daniel shouts as I roll my eyes. "Hey my baby." He says as he walks to me in the kitchen doing some dishes. "Hey hun." I say as I feel him press a kiss to my cheek. "How was the tennis?" I ask as I dry my hands on a cloth ridding my hands of all the bubbles.

"Amazing! I wish you came with." He says as he sways us from side to side. "I'm not famous, unfortunately." I say as we share a chuckle together. "But I could use a little nature." He hints as I frown up at him. "Camping again?" I question as he smiles widely. "Oh you know it!" He exclaims. He is about to go pack but I stop him, "But camping sights are closed. Covid, remember?" I ask with an eyebrow raised.

"You're right. But he would just camp outside. You have a big enough yard." He says as he points towards the back. "I guess, but it might rain." I state as I point at the cloudy sky. "Even better!" He shouts as he runs upstairs. "I live with a kid, I swear." I say as I walk up the stairs but much slower.

"Right babe, are we gonna do this like we are actually camping or are we gonna be more realistic?" He questions as he pulls out some clothing. "Realistic please. I don't wanna take a pee on my flowers." I say as he chuckles. "True. Can we bring snacks though?" He asks as I nod my head.

"Okay so we can set up the tent, then go and shower and get into our pajamas and get snacks then chill for the remainder of the night?" He questions as I nod, "Sir, yes, sir!" I exclaim as shakes his head, "You're a pain." He says as he nudges me. "Wow, pretty ironic if you ask me." I say as I send him a wink.

We pull out our pajamas so that we can get going as soon as possible as the cloudy sky's threatened our ideas. I grab the tent from the cupboard as Daniel grabs the tools. We then rush outside and set up the tent as quickly as possible so that we can get in before it rains.

As per usual, it was a nightmare setting the stupid tent up, but we managed after a few harmless arguments. "Shower time now." Daniel says as he wiggles his eyebrows, "Save the sex for another time. We might not make it into the tent." I say as I point at the dark sky's due to the massive cloud cover.

He sighs but nods his head as we rush upstairs once again. We quickly shower, sharing a sweet kiss here and there but Daniel doesn't try anything after my little warning. I slip on one of Daniel's hoodies and a pair of shorts as Daniel does the same, except slips on a pair of long pants.

We walk downstairs, blankets and sleeping bags in Daniels arms as I walk to the kitchen and grab our snacks. I also grabbed our leftover lasagna from last night and bring it with. We then finally slip into the tent and get everything ready. "Ahh I love this." Daniel finally says as he slips into our shared sleeping bag. I chuckle but nod at his statement.

The sound of rain on the tent catches my attention as I sigh, loving the sound. "This is so peaceful." I say as I slip into the sleeping bag and cuddle into Daniel. It's silent for awhile as we just listen to the sound of the rain hitting the bright blue coloured tent. After a few moments of silence, Daniel breaks it by asking a strange question.

"Do you want kids?" He asks as I frown and look over at him. "And this question?" I ask with a small smile as he shakes his head. "I'm just curious. I'm not getting any younger so you have to let me know." He says as I scoff, "You're 32, not fucking 50." I say as he laughs a little.

"But seriously, do you want children?" He asks again as his hazel eyes connect with mine. "Sure, I'd love kids. But not too many. I do think one is enough. Max two I guess. The world is already over populated." I say as he chuckles and nods his head, "I agree. Boy or a girl?" He asks as I shrug.

"Either or to be fair. Maybe a little girl so I can help her with all the things my mom didn't. But at the same time, girls aren't really safe anymore regarding walking home alone and things like that." I say as he nods his head. "I would love a little boy because I'd like him to become a driver." Daniel says as I chuckle, "I wouldn't have guessed any different." I say as he smiles widely.

"What happens if he doesn't wanna become a driver though?" I ask as he sighs, "I'll be a little sad but in the end it is his life. He can do whatever his heart desires." He says as I smile, knowing I got my hands on a real man. "Why formula 1? I mean, you're talented enough to drive in anything." I randomly question him as he smiles down at me.

"They definitely the faster cars and you know me and danger." He says as he growls jokingly. I roll my eyes, "Okay, okay. Calm your horses." I say as we both laugh loudly. Daniel reaches over and grabs a handful of crisps as he offers me a few. "But I think once I retire I'll do what Fernando did or something like that." He says as I nod.

"Random but do you ever worry about me when I'm on the track?" He asks as I scoff loudly, "Obviously! Every single race I stress my balls off. I'm just worried that you'll get into a bad accident. Even with all the safely features like the halo." I say as he nods. "Sorry." He says but I shake my head, "No need. To be fair, I signed up for it when I started dating you." I say as he chuckles.

"Obviously we are gonna get married in the future. Do you want a big wedding?" He asks as I chuckle. "Wow, someone's confident." I say with a wink. "But no. I know we both have a decent amount of money, but I don't want a big reception. People just judge everything. My mom told me her experience and it just turned me off from ever having a reception." I say as he nod his head.

"What was her experience like?" He questions further. "Ugh, all of her guests judged the food and judged her dress. Then they complained about having to bring money instead of gifts. It was just a massive shit show." I say as he nods his head. "I agree. I'd rather spend a week or two somewhere special with you." He says as he boops my nose.

It's silent once again as the rain continues to hit the roof. "I love you." Daniel says as I lift my head from his chest. His hair is a slight mess and his eyes slightly hooded, telling me he is quite tired after his day watching tennis. "I love you too." I say as I press a quick kiss to his lips.

We both lay back down and cuddle to the sounds of the soft rain. The snores of Daniel make me chuckle as I look at him. His neck is just so big that it chokes him in his sleep. I pull the sleeping bag higher as I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep.

*****

Idk what the hell this imagine is but have it. Btw, Daniel at Wimbledon was all I've ever needed AND he was sitting next to Frank Lampard. Can life get any better for him? Stay safe lovies xx