Lewis Hamilton (8)

space
/speɪs/
noun
a continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied.

"You ready, hun?" Christian Horner, my father, asks as I nod slowly and nervously. This was my first race for an F1 team, as well as for my own dads car. "I am! But I am beyond nervous." I answer my dad truthfully. "Oh honey! I promise there's no need to be nervous. You are really a good driver. Even though you're my daughter, I chose you because you really are a great driver." He says as he pats my shoulder.

"Thanks dad. I love you." I say as I hug him tightly. "I love you too. Now come, lets get you on the track." He says as he walks with me to my car. I get in the car whilst my dad makes his way to the rest of the team. I get strapped in as I look around, waving at Max and wishing him good luck. I am signaled to get out the garage and I do so, making my way out the track to 2nd place on the grid after a great qualifying.

We all start our formation lap as I warm up my tires. "Give it your all, Horner." I hear my race engineer, Michael, tell me as I smile, "I will." I say as I line up. The lights turn red as I step on the brake and gas. The lights go off as I pull off. I eventually make it side by side to Lewis Hamilton, who is obviously in first, as we are about to turn the corner.

I feel a nudge into me as I look over at Lewis. He is pushed up against me as we drive side by side through the straight. At the next corner, I turn again but Lewis bashes into me. We both lose control of our cars as we go spinning into the barricades. I try to get out of the gravel but my car doesn't budge, and neither does Lewis' Mercedes. "For fuck sakes!" I exclaim as I get out of the car. "Unlucky Y/N, we will get them next week." Michael says but I don't answer him as I am so mad.

I get out of the car and look over a Lewis, who seems to be having an absolute meltdown, slamming his hands on his steering wheel. I start walking away until I hear Lewis shouting. "Wow. you're not even going to apologize?" Lewis asks me as I take my helmet and balaclava off, as well as Lewis, and stare at him, "Me? You're the one who drove so close to me." I say as I start walking away.

"That's just driving, sweetie." My blood starts to boil as I look over at him, "My name is Y/N, not sweetie. Also, that isn't driving, its being a prick." I answer angrily at him as I stare up into his dark and angry eyes, "You're a rookie, Y/N, you don't know anything." He says to me as he squares up to me. "Oh for Christ sakes, just get a fucking personality. You think you're so cool all because you're Lewis Hamilton. Well, news flash, hun, you're just another racer. Get off my tits and don't just blame it on me when you know you're at fault. Your ego is unattractive." I end my rant before storming off, away from Lewis.

I walk straight to my drivers room and slam the door. The audacity of that man! I sit down and let out a tired and frustrated sigh. Not only was I out of my first race, but Lewis decided to pick a fight with me. All I knew was that he wouldn't shut up about it and probably cry to the press, then I get even more hate than I am already getting. I groan before getting up and getting into more comfortable clothing, a pair of jeans and a RedBull t-shirt.

Before I leave for my interview, I watch Lewis's interview, just preparing myself for what the reporter might ask me. "So Lewis, tough race tonight." The reporter says as he nods his head, "It was but I was at fault. I shouldn't have driven so close to her. I am sure that if we didn't get stuck in the gravel, I would've gotten a penalty." He says as I raise my eyebrows.

"So you're not mad?" The reporter asks as he laughs, "Obviously I am mad! But I can only be mad at myself. Not only did I ruin my own race and my own night, but I ruined Y/N's debut." He says as I smile slightly. He was completely different, definitely not what I was expecting.

I make my way out to the reporter once Lewis has finished his as the reporter smiles at me, "Unlucky Y/N! How are you feeling?" The reporter asks as I sigh, "Disappointed for sure, but it happens. It is racing after all." I say as he nods his head, "Lewis said he was at fault for the accident, do you agree?" He asks as I shrug, "I do believe it was the main reason but at the same token, I should've moved out of his way. I mean, he is Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes, he is a fast and talented driver, I shouldn't have gotten in his way." I say as the reporter nods his head.

"We all saw that you two had a confrontation after the crash, squaring up to each other, what was said?" He asks as I chuckle, "We obviously fought about who caused the accident, but we figured it out and now we on good terms." I lie as he nods, "Thanks Y/N, better luck next time." He says as I thank him. With that, I make my way to Lewis's drivers room to apologise.

I knock on the door softly and wait patiently as I hear some movement in the room. The door opens to reveal a smiling Lewis, "Hey Y/N." He says as I smile back. "Hey, I just wanted to come and apologise. What you said out there on TV was good of you and I was wrong." I say as I scratch the back of my neck, "No need to apologise. It's the heat of the moment, and plus, I was in the wrong." He says as I smile at him.

Just before I could tell him I would be leaving, he stops me, "Listen, come in here so we can enjoy the rest of the race together. I owe you and plus, I have some nice snacks." He says as I chuckle, "Sure." I say before entering. I follow him inside as we enjoy the race whilst chatting until we couldn't chat anymore. Little did we know that that would be the beginning of a relationship starting all because he decided to give me no space.

*****

Why can I not conclude a story anymore? It's so cringe lately but y'all are just gonna have to deal with it at this rate until I figure it out😂 Stay safe lovies xx