Max Verstappen (4)

talk
/tɔːk/
verb
speak in order to give information or express ideas or feelings; converse or communicate by spoken words.

Y/N - your name

I unlock mine and Max's shared apartment with a big sigh as the grocery bags were super heavy. I open the door to a silent apartment. "Max? I'm home!" I shout but receive no answer. I shrug my shoulder. He's either out or busy with work things.

The coronavirus has been tough on Max. I know how much he missed racing and he couldn't do what he loved. All he's done is answer a few calls and trained. I place the groceries on the kitchen island and look around. I take off my jacket and place it on the chair that was by the island.

I walk towards our shared bedroom, seeing that the door was closed. I didn't think much as he was most likely on a business call. I leaned in to hear the conversation to know if he was or wasn't on the call. He's often fallen asleep with the door closed because of a headache so I didn't want to barge in just in case.

I listen and hear his voice. I smile as I've missed him for the whole time I was out. The shops were crazy so the line I waited in was very long so it took me a good hour to pay for the food. I then went and got us some specific things from a different store which also had a long line. All I wanted to do was cuddle with Max on the couch. As I was about to pull away, I heard a little bit of his conversation.

"Lando, I don't think you understand. Y/N is just getting a bit much." I stumbled back, wondering what he actually meant. "She's just bothering me. She's always talking to me whilst I try to train. I understand that she's trying to be nice but man it's just clingy." I cringe at that comment as my heart dropped.

He wasn't wrong, I was spending more time with him but can you blame me? I barely see him when he is racing so I took this pandemic as an opportunity to spend time with him. "I think I need to..." he trailed off as I shut my eyes. "I think I'm gonna break up with her." Max finally said as my stomach dropped. "What?" I softly said to myself as I couldn't believe he just wanted to end it like that.

"Yes Lando, I'm sure! I just can't handle it. I much preferred my previous relationship." He said as it felt like a knife shoving into my heart and twisting with each word he said. How could he say all of this? I thought we were fine. I thought we were in a good and healthy relationship. Is this really all my fault?

Max and I started dating 2 years ago when we met at one of his races. He couldn't stop looking at me and visa versa. My friend, Kels, that I went to the race with pointed it out and I couldn't help feel many butterflies fill my tummy. I'll never forget that feeling and how that was the start of a beautiful relationship up until this point. "What did I do?" I question myself as I sat listening to his conversation with Lando in utter disbelief.

"I think I'll tell her when she comes home." He said as I shook my head. "Yes. I'm sure of this." He finally said as he said his goodbye to Lando. I pulled away from the door as I sucked in a sharp breath, ready to face the music. I opened the door softly as I stared at a frustrated Max. "Y/N..." he trailed off as I looked down. I didn't want to cry because I didn't want to show how weak I was but it's hard when someone you love rips your heart into a million pieces.

I look down, avoiding eye contact as best as I could. "Did you really mean everything you said to Lando?" I questioned as I looked back up to him, tears brimming my eyes. He looked down and sighed. "We need to talk Y/N." he said as I shook my head. "It's okay. I heard everything." I said as a tear slipped my eye. I wiped it away as I looked at a guilty Max. "Y/N I'm sorry." He said as I scoffed.