Lance Stroll (3) pt 2

happiness
/ˈhapɪnəs/
noun
the state of being happy.

Y/N - your name

I let out a loud sigh as I stare at the TV seeing Lance have a DNF in the highlights from the race 3 days ago. It has been almost 3 years since we've broken up but I didn't stop loving him the day since he left. The only issue was that I found out I was pregnant a few days after the break up. Did I tell Lance, you bet I didn't. I didn't want him to feel even more guilty than he currently did. As much as I was sad that he left me, I knew it wasn't his choice. If he didn't do anything, his press officer would've spoken to his father and he would've made it his mission to get rid of me as he didn't like me very much.

I hear my daughter call my name and start crying making me groan and stand up, my Corgi, Handsome, jumping up and following me to my daughters room. She is sat up in her bed with tears steaming down her face. "Oh my baby. What's wrong?" I question her as I sit next to her and wrap her up in my arms. Handsome runs up the little stairs I built him and sits on Angel, my daughters, lap. She giggles as he licks her hand making me smile at the cute moment.

"I is sick." She says with the few words that she knows making me sigh. "Okay, let me go and grab a thermometer and then we can go to Doctor Frank to get you some medication and get you checked out, okay?" I question as she nods. I quickly grab a thermometer and place it in her mouth. Once it beeps, I look at the temperature. "Yes, love, you're sick. Come, let's go to the doctors. They should be open." I say as I look at the time to see it's 9am.

I stand up and grab two shirts and two pants, "Wanna be a Barbie girl today or a Monsters High girl?" I question her with a smile on my lips, already knowing the answer. "Monster High!" She exclaims making me chuckle. I help he get dressed and take her downstairs, "Wanna eat something or are you scared you throw up?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "Can I have small food?" She asks making me nod. I make her a small bowl of oats that I knew would be light on her tummy.

"Okay baby, I'm quickly gonna get dressed. I've put Monsters High on for you." I say as she sits down by the TV with Handsome sitting next to her. "Thank you mommy!" She exclaims making me smile and kiss her forehead. I walk upstairs and quickly put on a pair of high waisted blue jeans and a long sleeve white shirt. I put on a pair of white shoes and brush my teeth and hair, putting it into a French plait. I walk downstairs to see Handsome licking Angels face making her giggle.

"Oh oh! Is this little devil tickling you?" I question making Handsome jump off of her and run to me, jumping on my leg. I tickle him as Angel giggles, "He loves oats." Angel says making me laugh. "You done baby?" I question as she hands me the bowl with a nod. "Now let's go brush..." I trail off as I point at her. "Tefths!" She exclaims making me laugh at the way she says it. We walk up stairs and quickly brush teeth. I put her hair in a quick ponytail as she starts coughing, "Oh no. That cough doesn't sound good." I say as she nods and wipes her eyes.

"Ready Freddy?" I question as she nods. We both slip on our matching light pink jackets as the cold winter morning in Canada wasn't gonna exactly be nice without it. Since it wasn't snowing, we didn't worry about our snow boots. I place Angel in her car seat and jump onto my side, waving off to Handsome who was looking out the window making sure we got into the car safely.

-

"Thank you so much Doctor Frank." I say as he shakes my hand. "Pleasure Y/N. Just pop off the pharmacy and grab this medication and she will be good as new." He says as Angel smiles up at him. "What do we say to Doctor Frank?" I question Angel as I see her cheeks turn a shade of red, "Thank you Doctor Frank." She says as Frank chuckles, "Only a pleasure. Since you were such a good girl today, here is your lollipop. Red like you always have." He says as he hands Angel a lollipop. "Thank you!" She exclaims as she grabs the lollipop.

We have him goodbye as we walk to the car. "Only open it when we get to the shops okay?" I question as she groans but nods her head. I put her back in her car seat and jump into the car and head off to the pharmacy. We arrive in a few minutes as we get out the car and walk into the pharmacy. As we walk in, Angel pulls on my hand, "Can you open this for me mommy?" She questions as she hands me the lollipop. I open it for her as she smiles and takes it in her mouth.

We walk to the back of the store where you get prescriptions, "Good morning miss. How may I help you?" And elderly lady question as I smile at her, "We just need these medications." I say as I hand her a piece of paper that Frank gave us. "Perfect. Just wait right here." She says as I nod at her. "Mommy, a man keeps starting at you." Angel says making me laugh. I look down at her and follow her gaze for it to land on Lance.

My eyes go wide as he stares at me with even bigger eyes. "Ahh, don't worry baby. Let's not stare at strangers." I say as she looks up at me, "Be he staring at you! Not fair." She says making me chuckle. "Well we will do the right thing and won't look." I say as she sighs and nods. The lady brings the medication and we pay for it as Angel keeps looking at Lance.

"Thank you! Feel better love." The lady says as Angel waves at her with a massive smile. She loved elderly people, who knows why. As we walk out the pharmacy, I hear my name being called. I turn around and see Lance run out of the store. "Y/N." he says as I smile at him. "Hey Lance." I say as he sends me his signature smile. "And who is this cutie?" He questions as he kneels down to Angels height. She starts to blush as she hides behind my legs.

"Don't worry Angel. You can tell him." I say as she nods and steps away from my legs, "I'm Angel!" She says as she extends her hand. I chuckle along with Lance as he shakes her hand. "Nice to meet you Angel. How old are you?" He questions making my blood turn icy. "3 years old!" She exclaims, clearly proud of her age. Lance steps back as he straightens up and stares at me with a frown.

"Angel, would you give me and Lance a minute. You can go play at the jungle gym." I say as I point towards the mini park just outside of the pharmacy. She nods and runs there and starts talking to the other kids. "Y/N, is she my daughter?" He questions making me look down. He lifts my chin up with his index finger. I sigh and nod, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to feel guilty." I say as he sighs. "But I still should've known. I've missed 3 years of my own daughters life." He says making me look down.

"I'm sorry." I say as I stare into his chocolate colored eyes. "It's okay. I understand why." He says as he grabs my hand giving it a squeeze. "So how's racing?" I ask as if I haven't watched every single highlight of the race. "Not great. I got rid of my press officer. She wasn't good for me." He says with a slight smile. It's silent for awhile until he clears his throat, "Remember that night we broke up I said something along the lines of that if we meant to be with each other, we will see each other?" He questions making me nod.

"Well, here we are. I think it's a sign you know." He says making me chuckle. "I guess it is a sign huh." I say as I smile at him. "Will you do me the honors and go out on a date with me this Saturday?" He questions. "I'd love too but I have to take care of Angel. Parents are out of town." I say. "Why don't I come over to your house or you come over to mine and we have like a family dinner?" He says making me smile from ear to ear. "A family dinner. I'd love that." I say as he smiles at me.

"Has your number changed?" He questions as I shake my head. "Great! I'll message you. See you soon, Y/N." Lance says as he kisses my cheek softly making my cheeks heat up. "Bye Lance." I say. He turns towards Angel who started walking back to us, "Bye Angel." He waves at her which she does too, "By Lance!" She exclaims as he walks away. "I like him." She says as she grabs ahold of my hand. "I'm so glad." I say making her smile up at me, making me see just how much she looked like Lance with his dark hair and smile, making my heart melt and love her even more than I already do.

*****

This one is quite long but I hope you enjoyed! Lance is actually such a snack and idk why it took my so long to realize. Do you guys want me to make a part 3 about the family date??? Just let me know! I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe xx