Charles Leclerc (11)

made-up
/meɪdˈʌp/
adjective
invented; not true.

Y/N - your name

I walk outside to the hotels pool with a small bounce in my step. I make my way to the lounging beds that are laying perfectly in the sun, perfect for a much needed tan on my pale skin. I walk there quickly, making sure I get it before anyone else as I didn't want to lay down on the grass with all the screaming children and tired parents. I came on vacation to get away from the stress. I don't want to put myself in even more stress when I kid feels the need to bother me.

I lay my towel down on the lounging bed before laying down and slipping my sunglasses over my eyes. I sigh in content as I hear someone clear their throat beside me. "Sorry to disturb Miss, but would you like to order anything?" A waiter asks as I smile at him. "Surprise me with any cocktail." I say as he smiles wide. "One Mojito coming your way." He says as he walks back towards the hotel.

I relax for hours, drinking a few cocktails every hour or so and reapply sunscreen all over my body so I can rather tan and not burn. The sun starts setting and I watch it in awe. It's absolutely stunning as the sky changes from its normal blue hue to deep purples, oranges and yellow in a span of a few hours. I sigh as I take a sip of my cocktail and look over at the sea, admiring all the people having fun playing football and building sand castles.

"Excuse me ma'am, would it be alright if I sit with you? There's no other seats available." Someone questions besides me. To be fair, I was hogging a two seater lounge chair so I could only offer him the free seat. "Sure." I say as my eyes land on the most attractive man I think I have ever seen. His hair is dark as it blows in different directions due to the high winds at the moment.

He has a small beard, barely anything, along his jaw and a pair of red swimming trunks attached to his waist. His abs are on show and his smile is wide as he takes a seat next to me. It's silent as we both watch the sunset. "Are you here on holiday?" The young man asks as I stare over at him. His sunglasses are covering his eyes but I can still see the wide smile lines littering his face. "I am indeed. And you?" I ask as he sighs.

"I am but mainly just trying to get away from everything. I just want to be someone else this holiday." He says as he looks back at the ocean. This time his smile falls falls his lips causing me to frown. "Life just getting a little much at the moment?" I ask as he chuckles. "You don't know me?" He asks as he looks at me. I try and think if I have ever seen him but he isn't ringing a bell whatsoever. "Nope.' I say with a shrug as his smile soon returns.

"I'm actually so glad." He says as he leans back on the lounging bed. "I'm guessing you're famous?" I question as I cross my legs and turn towards him. "I guess you could say that." He says as I scoff with a smile, "You're so famous." I say as we share a laugh. "So you want to be someone else this holiday?" I question him as he nods his head. "Yeah. I'd do anything to get away from the stupid responsibilities I have." He says as I nod my head, "Tell me about it." I say as I gulp the last bit of my cocktail.

"Why don't you give yourself a new name this holiday? Like, obtain a new identity. New name, random job and hobby." I say as he shrugs, "I guess. But what should my name be?" He asks as I look at him, "Take your sunglasses off." I say as he nods and takes his glasses off. As he does this, his face does look familiar but I still can't put a name to his face. "Maybe a Max." I say as he laughs loudly. "Well then, I guess I'm Max." He says as he outstretched his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Max. I am Aurora." I say with a wink. "Fake name too?" He asks as I nod, "This seems fun. Now we are two different people with completely different lives. So tell me Max, what do you do for a living?" I ask as he sighs, "I play piano for a local club back at home." He says, obviously lying as I nod. He is really getting into this fake persona but it makes the experience even more fun, "That's pretty cool. I'm a surgeon." I say as we both laugh. "Imagine I was and you were laughing at my profession." I say as we laugh again. "So, Aurora, what do you say about a date?"

-

It's been two weeks with "Max" and I've loved every minute of it. As time has passed, I have recognized him. I know his name is Charles but I can't seem to find a surname. I'm sure my father is always talking about a Charles that drives in formula 1 but "Max" could be absolutely anyone in any profession.

Time with "Max" has been amazing. We spend every second with each other. Despite our date, he have just remain flirtatious friends. Yeah sure, I wish we could kiss already, but I'd rather kiss him knowing who he actually is. It was a little frustrating not knowing who he exactly is. Like obviously he doesn't play piano at a random bar, but it was mysterious and fun knowing we both could step away from our busy lives.

I am actually some sort of surgeon but rather a surgeon for animals, aka a vet. It was getting ridiculous at the moment back in Italy with everyone adopting dogs last year because of lockdown but now not being able to look after them as they had to go back to work. We had so many dogs in the shelter and they just aren't getting adopted. It was also hard to try and convince people to keep them alive rather than putting young dogs down.

It was frustrating and it was carrying a lot of pressure and sadness on me. I just wanted to help all these dogs and cats but I couldn't take care of all of them. I already have 5 for fuck sakes, I can't house another 20 unfortunately. I needed this vacation to forget about my job and I have finally been able to do this with "Max." But with time running out as I needed to return home to work, I needed to know who he really is.

Myself and "Max" are seated outside on that lounge bed outside as we watch the sunset once again as we have been doing for the past two weeks. It's silent but my mind is running, overthinking as I trying and figure out how I am going to word my question to him. Before I could ask, he cuts me off, "Who are you really?" He asks as I look over at him. "Wait, you also wanna know?" I ask as he chuckles. "Well, I like you and I feel that it's only fair I know your name before I finally kiss you after waiting two weeks to do it." He says with a smile.

My cheeks heat up from his words. "My name is Y/N. I am actually a vet, not a surgeon." I say as I stick out my hand. "I'm Charles Leclerc. Imma formula 1 driver." He says as he shakes my hand. That's where I knew him from. My dad absolutely adores this young man. I chuckle, "I thought your name was familiar." I say as he shrugs, "But you still never went out of your way to try and know who I was. It shows me you actually just enjoyed my company, not my label." He says as he moves his hand to my cheek.

I move forward and press my lips to his, not being able to handle this anymore. Our kiss is sweet, definitely filled with something special. I pull away and smile at Charles, "Man, that was good." I say as we share a laugh. "I'm gonna miss this, but I know this isn't the last time we will see each other again." He says as I nod my head. "It definitely won't be the last." I say as I press my lips to his once again.

*****

I didn't know how to finish this sorry y'all! But I hope you guys enjoyed. Don't forget to vote or comment. Y'all are so funny sometimes😂 Stay safe lovies xx