(P) Robert Shwartzman (2)

unmatchable
/ʌnˈmatʃəb(ə)l/
adjective
incapable of being matched, equalled, or rivalled

"People like me aren't meant to be with someone like you."

A little request. Enjoy hun😇

Myself and Robert are entangled with each other on his couch, drowning in blankets as it was beyond freezing at the moment even in our apartment. Robert plays with my hair with his right hand whilst his free left hand is being used by me as I play with his hand and fingers.

It was silent, but definitely not an awkward silence. The TV was softly playing in the background but I doubt either one of us were actually paying attention to what was happening in Modern Family. A sigh from Roberts mouth catches my attention as I look up at the tired Russian. "Tired hun?" I question as I squeeze his left hand. He nods his head, not saying anything.

To be fair, it's quite weird that he didn't answer. He always answers me straight away, even with a simple question where a simple nod of the head is all one needs, but I know something up. "Everything okay hun?" I ask as I sit up slightly. I hiss as the cold air enters under the blankets. "I've just been thinking and all that." He mumbles as I frown. "What you been thinking about? Don't tell me you've been worried about your career again. I'm telling you, you're gonna get in F1 very soon. They were just picking Nikita for money." I say as he chuckles, knowing just how much I hated Nikita. Robert and Callum deserved it more than him, but that's just my opinion.

"No it's not my career. I've just been thinking about you." He says as I raise my eyebrows. "Is it anything bad?" I ask as he shakes his head, "There's nothing bad to say or think about you, you should know that." He says as I smile at him, blushing slightly at his comment. "Why thank you. So then what's with this somber look of yours?" I ask as he sighs. "It's just..." he trails off as I frown my eyebrows. I go to speak again, about to tell him that he can tell me anything but he cuts me off.

"People like me aren't meant to be with someone like you." He says as he looks down, avoiding eye contact. "What are you saying?" I ask as he shakes his head. "Babe, you're legit so amazing. Like I have never met someone like you before and that's a great thing, but I just don't think you deserve someone as boring as me." He says as I shake my head. "No man babe! You and I are legit so perfect for each other and I'm not just saying that because of what you said. I really mean it." I say as I caress his cheek.

He is silent, so I continue with my little speech. "Babe, you're special and I don't know why you can't see that as well. I mean, you and I have had stupid fights before, but we always bounce back from it. That shows me 1) we are willing to fight through whatever tries to stop us from being with each other and 2) how mature you are willing to be in this relationship. So many guys and girls would've broken up with the fights we had because they just don't want to commit, but this shows how we are both willing to commit to each other. I love you, Robby and I never want you to say that again." I say as he smiles.

"Wow, you're good with your words." He says before he presses a kiss to my lips. This kiss was definitely different, filled with someone more than just our normal kisses. I pull away as I caress his cheek once again, "Come, let's get some snacks and then watch some movies." I say as I start getting up. I offer him my hand as he smiles. He takes it as we stand up together before marching to the kitchen for some of our favorite snacks.

*****

A short but sweet imagine. Hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe lovies xx