(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) newspapers

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

MOORSIDE COTTAGE LOOKED THE SAME AS IT ALWAYS HAD DONE. It was large with a round garden and a row of trees protecting a gate that led to the hills. Athena didn't see this as home much anymore. Really her home was Hogwarts, she spent the most time there after all.

She opened the front door and was immediately met with a pile of daily prophets. Evidently she'd forgotten to cancel her subscription. Picking them up in her arms, she blindly walked into the kitchen and threw them down onto the table.

The sun was pouring through the kitchen window and it lit up the words as her eyes skated over the headlines. It was then that her heart began to pace rather fast. Living the summer as a muggle of course meant that she hadn't heard anything about the wizarding world.

She'd seen Neville a few times at the start however it seemed since then, things had actually been happening. Nine years ago Athena had tried to take her own life. She'd been unsuccessful because she couldn't die, because she hadn't seen the end of the war... it was still going.

Since then she'd recovered, Athena was no longer in the same state of mind that she had been however this didn't mean that the war wasn't still brewing. Nothing had really happened these past few years. Death eaters had been caught, some still roamed free such as Lucius Malfoy whose reputation had cleared him of all charges.

There were others free too, Athena knew this. However she hadn't let it worry her until now. Until she stared at the headlines. One name stood out to her among any other and a shiver ran over her as she read it.

Theodore Sanders

She knew him. Not well but she knew him. Athena had taught him for five years before he dropped her subject. He had been a quiet boy in the same year as Charlie Weasley. Dark hair, large eyes. He reminded Athena a lot of someone she had once known, Regulus Black.

Theodore was not related to the Black family however his reserved personality, love to read and interest in the stars had reminded her of him. She'd never known Regulus that well but from what she did know, she was sure that these two would have gotten along.

Theo was an orphan, no one actually knew who his parents were as far as she was aware. He hadn't been a complete loner, it took him a while to make friends but eventually he had made some. His best friend came in the form of Charlie Weasley.

They had been a peculiar pair since Charlie was more of an outgoing, cheerful and loud boy. Quite the opposite of Theo. Charlie had also been a Gryffindor and since Theodore was a Slytherin, they weren't really supposed to get on but they did.