(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) keeping secrets

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HOGWARTS WAS MORE STRESSFUL THAN Athena remembered it being. Maybe she simply procrastinated in other years but from the start of the new term, Athena felt that she was constantly behind with work. She had to spend her afternoons and weekends marking when she swore she used to have an abundance of free time. Athena was unsure what happened to that.

In fact, it was nearing the end of the first term when Athena finally had an opportunity to go home. It was now halfway through December and she hadn't seen Remus in over a month. The idea of that was insane. She always promised that she would make time to go home and not get caught up in her work.

She hadn't heard much from him either. Remus wasn't a lover of writing letters unless entirely necessary. He preferred to talk to people face to face which although annoyed Athena (considering she wasn't even receiving updates from him) it was a good way to force her to go home and actually see him

Athena was excited. She'd been feeling lost for ages now. Of course she couldn't tell him everything that had been going on even though she wanted nothing more than to confide in him, being with him still took a large weight of worry away from her.

Over the many years that they had known each other, Remus had mastered the art of knowing how to make Athena feel better. No matter what was wrong with her, she'd always feel happier being with him rather than being apart.

Athena blamed the majority of her bad mood on the fact that she hadn't seen him. Of course there were a lot of other contributing factors but all of this had been made worse by not seeing Remus.

She stepped out of the fireplace into her home ready to spend the entire weekend with Remus. Some part of her wondered what would happen if she just stayed with him forever. It was certainly tempting but considering the fact she probably wouldn't be at Hogwarts the following year, she should probably make the most of her job while she could.

"I'm back!" Athena called as she walked into the kitchen.

Remus was sat in one of the larger chairs staring out the window next to him. He didn't say anything at first which alerted Athena to the fact that something was wrong. Her mind whirled with what it could be. Did he know about Dumbledore, no of course not that would never happen. Had Aurora told him Athena was upset, surely her sister would tell her first. Was Elle in trouble, Athena would have already heard about this through the order.

"What's wrong?" Athena asked.

He looked up as though he hadn't heard her come in. Remus looked ill. Frailer than usual. The scars on his face were much more prominent probably because of how white his skin had gone. He seemed thinner, his clothes baggier than they had been before. Athena stood slightly perplexed.