(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟗) colin creevey

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

MADAME POMFREY WAS AS displeased as Athena about how Lockhart had handled Harry's injury. Athena was so angry she felt that she could throw him off the astronomy tower. She wondered how delusional he'd have to be to believe he could have done a better job at healing Harry's arm than someone who was actually qualified to do this.

Now instead of being in the hospital wing for a few minutes, Harry would have to stay over night and grow all of his bones back. This sounded like an incredibly painful experience and by the look of the disgusting 'skellygrow' potion he had to drink, Athena gathered that he wouldn't be having a good night.

She stayed a little while as the trio pondered what had happened with the bludger. This had been exactly what Athena was wondering. It was evident that the black ball had been tampered with. It had only targeted Harry and if the boy wasn't such a brilliant flyer, it could have severely injured him.

Athena wondered why things always went wrong for Harry in his quidditch games. Last year his broom had been jinxed by Quirrell and this year some rogue bludger had tried to kill him. She couldn't help but worry what was in store for next year.

Harry seemed to be under the impression that it must have been the Slytherins who messed with the ball, they had been the rivals after all. Athena knew that the Slytherin team were notorious for not playing fair. Mainly because of their captain Marcus Flint, the team always seemed to find creative ways of winning.

However it wasn't as though they'd succeeded if it was them. Athena wondered whether there was any other possibilities. This alongside the barrier being broken, it seemed as though someone really didn't want Harry to attend Hogwarts this year.

She could think of a lot of people who may have a vendetta against the chosen one. A specific person came to mind but she managed to convince herself that this thought was ridiculous. Voldemort would do a lot worse than cursing a bludger.

Athena left Harry with Ron and Hermione after some time had passed. She was sure they wanted to continue their in depth discussion of convicting the Slytherins without her there. She was a teacher after all.

She spotted Lockhart on her way back to her office. He was mulling around the hospital wing looking anxious.

"Is he ok?" Lockhart asked warily,

"No thanks to you" Athena snapped, "next time you think of helping someone, do everyone a favour and don't"

With that, Athena strode angrily the other way leaving Lockhart looking slightly shell shocked. Her day was suddenly seeming very gloomy and Athena found herself lying awake in bed as she watched the crescent moon shimmer from outside.

Her restless eyes moved over the stars and her frustration at her lack of sleep continued to grow until she couldn't stand it anymore. Pulling herself out of bed, Athena dressed in some loose jeans and a jumper deciding that a late night walk around the castle was better than being awake.