(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟑) the tales of two

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

WHEN ATHENA WOKE UP she felt she very clear presence of someone's hand over her mouth. She was still in the cupboard, it was darker now and it was evident whoever was standing behind her needed her to not make a sound.

She tried shifting her weight, make some indication that she was there. Maybe then someone would come and help her. However as soon as she moved she felt the feeling of a blade pressed against her throat.

"One move and I'll do it" Tessa muttered.

Athena technically couldn't die yet she had no idea what would happen if Tessa tried to slit her throat. Needless to say, she had no desire to find out. Instead she sat still, wondering what was going on outside the door.

"Drink it ... you'll feel better ... come on now, Harry, I need to know exactly what happened ..."

It was Moody, or Barty. This meant one thing in Athena's mind, Harry was alive. She could have jumped with joy under any other circumstances. Did this mean the plan had failed? That Voldemort hadn't risen from the dead? That Cedric Diggory was alive?

"Voldemort's back, Harry? You're sure he's back? How did he do it?" Barty continued and Athena's heart sank. She shouldn't have been so optimistic.

"He took stuff from his father's grave, and from Wormtail, and me," said Harry.

"What did the Dark Lord take from you?"said Moody.

"Blood,' said Harry causing Athena to flinch.

Moody let out his breath in a long, low hiss.

"And the Death Eaters? They returned?"

"Yes,' said Harry. "Loads of them ..."

"How did he treat them?" Moody asked quietly. "Did he forgive them?"

"There's a Death Eater at Hogwarts! There's a Death Eater here – they put my name in the Goblet of Fire, they made sure I got through to the end –" Harry yelled instead of answering the question. Athena wanted to scream, there was a death eater right in front of him.

"I know who the Death Eater is," Moody said quietly.

"Karkaroff?" said Harry wildly "Where is he? Have you got him? Is he locked up?"

"Karkaroff?'  said Moody with an odd laugh. "Karkaroff fled tonight, when he felt the Dark Mark burn upon his arm. He betrayed too many faithful supporters of the Dark Lord to wish to meet them ... but I doubt he will get far. The Dark Lord has ways of tracking his enemies."

"Karkaroff's gone? He ran away? But then – he didn't put my name in the Cup?"

"No,' said Moody slowly. "No, he didn't. It was I who did that."

There was silence for a moment. Barty had basically given himself away which meant one thing, he was planning on killing Harry. Athena tried to figure out a way to get out of here without getting a knife to her throat but as she sat with Tessa breathing heavily behind her she realised that her options were slim to none.