(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) visions of veils

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ALTHOUGH ATHENA CAME OUT OF her examined lesson with a smile and a sense of victory, that certainly didn't mean that Umbridge's reign of terror had come to an end. In fact, quite the opposite had occurred. It was safe to say that every teacher hated her. She was coming in to their well organised and structured work and tearing it apart little by little.

There was something about working with a person you hated that was worse than anything else. The main problem was that no one could say anything against her, at least not to her. Umbridge was technically their superior and any argument with her was an argument with the ministry as a whole. Even if Athena hated the ministry, she wasn't stupid enough to try and pick a fight with them. No one would be that ridiculous unless they wanted a cell in Azkaban with their name on.

Umbridge should have known there were some teachers too prestigious to try and get a shadow on. McGonagall, Flitwick and Sprout had been there longer than some of the tapestries on the walls and as far as Athena was concerned, an attempt to remove them from the school would go down as well as the idea that Voldemort had returned.

Athena supposed the same went for Snape. She hated to say this because she'd love nothing more than to see him booted out of the school. Although he'd only been there as long as her, a simple fourteen years, he was the head of Slytherin house and one of the best potioneers that the school had ever seen. She supposed she would have to put up with him a little while longer.

Then there was Aurora. It would be a foolish move to rid Hogwarts of the elder Sinistra. Umbridge didn't necessarily have anything against Rory except for the fact she evidently hated the ministry official. Aurora often held the school together, getting the best exam results even in unfortunate circumstances. Even with Athena there teaching the same subject, Aurora was always working on something. Occasionally doing things she didn't even get paid for. The day Aurora didn't teach at Hogwarts would be a dark day for them all.

Athena placed herself a bit lower down the chain of likelihood of being fired mainly because Umbridge was conniving and manipulative. Even if Athena hadn't given the woman a reason to fire her in that lesson, she could probably find some way to convince the minister that Hogwarts would be better without her.

Her reputation with the ministry certainly didn't work in her favour. For ages they'd been against her, believing her crazy for her support of the supposed maniac Sirius Black. As well as that, Athena had tried to curse Umbridge only the other week. Athena was surprised nothing had come of that which gave the impression that she was still working on some way to use it to her favour.

After Athena on the list there were those in danger. It didn't take a genius to figure out who Umbridge would try and fire. Of course she wouldn't be doing anything yet. First of all, Hagrid still wasn't back from his endeavours with the giants and despite his absence, Athena knew he was high on Umbridge's hit list.