(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) the false story

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

MCGONAGALL HAD DRAGGED Athena down into Hogsmeade saying that she needed to get out of her office. The woman wasn't wrong, Athena barely left that room these days.

The only fresh air that she got was when she delivered Sirius and Theodore food every morning. She often spent too long sitting in the shack however she couldn't help it. She felt weird having company that she actually enjoyed.

McGonagall and Athena were nearing the three broomsticks when they saw three people outside who seemed very peculiar company of one another.

Professor Flitwick was stood next to Hagrid and the minister for magic, Cornelius Fudge.

Fudge's face broke into a smile when he saw the two woman approaching.

"Minerva! Athena!" He beamed, "lovely to see you both, do you care to join us for a drink... I was checking up on the dementors (nasty business) think I deserve a pick me up"

"Oh I quite agree minister" McGonagall nodded. Athena wondered whether she could chance an escape however McGonagall took her arm and dragged her inside the three broomsticks.

"I'll order, shall I?" Said Flitwick. They read off their drinks to the small man and moved to find a booth. Despite it only being late November, there were already large Christmas trees decorating the place. They took a table next to a rather large tree and Athena was glad to sit down once again.

A second later, a beautiful blonde barmaid came walking over to the table holding a tray of drinks. Madame Rosmerta smiled at the group as she started to lift the glasses off the trays.

"A small gillywater --"

"Mine," said Professor McGonagall.

"Four pints of mulled mead --"

"Ta, Rosmerta," said Hagrid.

"A cherry syrup and soda with ice and umbrella --"

"Mmm!" said Professor Flitwick, smacking his lips.

"A vodka cola?"

"That's mine" Athena smiled as she slid the drink towards herself

"So you'll be the red currant rum, Minister."

"Thank you, Rosmerta, m'dear," said Fudge. "Lovely to see you again, I must say. Have one yourself, won't you? Come and join us..."

"Well, thank you very much, Minister."

Rosmerta walked away in her glittering heels and returned moments later with her own drink clutched in hand.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods, Minister?" came Madam Rosmerta's voice.

"What else, m'dear, but Sirius Black? I daresay you heard what happened up at the school at Halloween?"

"I did hear a rumor," admitted Madam Rosmerta.