(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) dementors in little whinging

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT SEEMED THE ORDER MEETINGS became something constant. There was more than there had been last time, at least it felt there were more. Athena understood that there was more determination to get ahead of the other side yet she couldn't help but feel exhausted as she sat around the table of Grimmauld place for the hundredth time.

Remus wasn't there and Athena instead sat next to her sister who was still dressed in robes despite the casual air of the gathering. Remus had gone to pick up Elle who was finally coming to stay at the house along with the rest of the Weasley's. For now they were waiting for everyone else to get there.

Charlie and Theodore sat at the end of the table looking in determination away from one another. Athena still hadn't figured out what was going on between them but she decided not to question it. After all, it was none of her business.

Arthur and Bill were close by in a deep conversation about Arthur's work at the ministry. He was having to keep a low profile on all this order talk in order to not jeopardise his job. The ministry had taken a very prominent stance against Dumbledore and therefore against anyone who tried to aid him. Therefore it was in Arthur's best interest to keep secret what was going on.

There was a spare seat next to Athena, saved for Remus whenever he decided to arrive. Beside that seat was Sirius. He wasn't annoyed at Athena anymore since Kennedy's return but things weren't exactly good either. He was sometimes overly enthusiastic as though pretending he wasn't aware of his wife's fate. At other times he was deep in thought, lost in his own mind and suffocating on the truth.

At the moment his eyes scattered to different areas of the kitchen. Athena could tell his mind was alive however as soon as the meeting started he would put on his most blank face and pretend that the war was his biggest concern.

Kennedy was taking the situation very differently to Sirius. She sat at the end of the table with her feet laid gently on it. Molly would be furious if she saw this but for now she wasn't here. Kennedy didn't listen to the instructions of others. She did what she wanted when she wanted and no one would stand in her way, especially not now.

Athena always got the brief inkling that she wasn't solely back because of the war. Often it looked like there was more going on behind her eyes, as though a separate plan was being constructed at the same time.

She looked too casual for someone with a shortened life. As usual she wore black. To others this could be seen as her own internal grieving and acceptance. To Athena it was simply the fact that Kennedy believed it made her look cool. Beside her chair lay an object Athena had seen too much in her life. A black baseball bat. She'd forgotten it had existed and (she along with everyone else in the house) hadn't exactly been thrilled to see it propped against the table leg.

Nonetheless, Kennedy wouldn't go anywhere without it. To her this was a piece of protection more valuable than a wand. Athena decided not to pick apart why Kennedy preferred using a wooden bat rather than something that could control magic. For now she was avoiding a lot of thoughts of Kennedy. It was easier that way. Trying to understand or get into her head had never worked before so why start now?