(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎) umbridge's revenge

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

LUCKILY FOR UMBRIDGE, things seemed to calm down after her firework filled first day. Although it would be difficult to recover from the embarrassment of having to parade round while getting attacked by firecrackers, Umbridge seemed to be moving along the line of pretending the whole thing didn't happen.

However, the students didn't have the same mindset. Even the teachers were talking about it in the staff room whenever Delores (or Filch since he'd become her lapdog) weren't around.

Students would be laughing jovially about it in lessons to distract from the fact that their school life was descending into misery. Athena gathered from the proud expressions of the Weasley twins (and the fact that their names were being thrown around constantly in whispers) that it had been them who were behind the whole thing. The redheads were certainly modern day marauders.

Athena was holding onto the memory of the crackling lights and exploding bangs throughout the entire next day and trying to forget that her job was in danger and the ministry were running Hogwarts like a puppet show.

When Umbridge had shown up at the beginning of the year, Athena had never imagined that it would get this bad. Of course ministry interference was one of the worst things that could happen considering their position in the war, or lack of one through their perspective. But Athena had believed they'd just have to be more careful. If someone had told her the true evil that Umbridge possessed or the fact that she would be headmistress before the end of the year, Athena probably would have laughed.

If Athena was feeling blue about the entire situation then Aurora was practically melting away. Athena had never seen her sister so defeated before. Aurora and Athena were different in many ways and one of the most distinct was the way that they handled problems.

Athena was a lot more practical about things. If she had something to say she'd say it without thinking about the consequences (which had ended up landing her in this predicament with Umbridge) and she certainly wouldn't bottle up her anger and leave people guessing what was running through her mind.

Aurora was sensible which meant she didn't face things head on. This allowed her to stay out of trouble. She'd only speak up about her anger if it helped people or was for an important cause. However she had a very detailed plan of every decision in her mind, making sure she never annoyed someone influential or said the wrong thing in an argument (which was probably why she always won).

The sisters were different in many ways and this began to annoy Athena as the week dragged on. Aurora was so absorbed in her work, trying to distract herself, that she wouldn't talk to Athena about how she was feeling. Rena wished she would, she was driving herself mad thinking about all the possibilities of what was going to happen and Aurora (being the less hotheaded one) could probably solve these anxieties.