(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) justin finch-fletchly

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS TEACHING A SIXTH year class when she heard the loud noise of shouting from outside the room. She'd been teaching her classes indoors because of the weather that had taken over. All of her students jumped up immediately as they heard the yell.

"ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAAACK!"

"Stop running and stay back!" Athena yelled however it was no good. She recognised the voice of Peeves, his usual singsong tone completely lost. Athena had a nervous feeling of dread inside her as she heard the noise. Another attack. Things just kept getting worse.

With a crash, the doors along the corridor all opened. Athena pushed her way out in front of her students and for a moment she couldn't see what all the panic was about. Her eyes then landed on Harry standing alone and looking completely terrified with all eyes on him.

Beside him stood a very unusual sight. Nearly Headless Nick was floating in the air however it seemed that he had been filled with black smoke. He was still floating in the air however he wasn't moving. Beside him, now fallen to the ground lay Justin Finch-Fletchly. Wide eyed and terrified, the boy stared up at nothing.

Athena internally groaned at this. If things weren't already bad enough for Harry, this had just made everything worse. The most terrifying thing about this situation was the case of Nearly Headless Nick. What monster was powerful enough to petrify a ghost?

For several long minutes, there was a scene of such confusion that Justin was in danger of being squashed and people kept standing in Nearly Headless Nick. Athena saw that Harry had been pinned against the wall in all the commotion as the teachers shouted for quiet.

Professor McGonagall came running, followed by her own class, one of whom seemed to have black-and-white striped hair. Athena presumed that someone's transfiguration had gone wrong. She used her wand to set off a loud bang, which restored silence, and ordered everyone back into their classes. No sooner had the scene cleared somewhat than Ernie Macmillian the second year Hufflepuff arrived, panting, on the scene.

"Caught in the act!" Ernie yelled, his face stark white, pointing his finger dramatically at Harry.

"That will do, Macmillan!" said Professor McGonagall sharply. Athena glared at the young boy even though she understood why he'd come to this conclusion. After all, Harry had been found next to Justin.

She knew better than to expect Harry to be responsible however a settling fear inside her wondered whether everyone else would see this event through the same light.

Peeves was bobbing overhead, now grinning wickedly, surveying the scene; Peeves always loved chaos. As the teachers bent over Justin and Nearly Headless Nick, examining them, Peeves broke into song:

"Oh, Potter, you rotter, oh, what have you done"

"You're killing off students, you think it's good fun –"