(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) snape's news

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"PROFESSOR!" Athena called happily as she walked into the potions classroom. She hadn't been in here for years mainly because the teacher who usually inhabited it was Snape and she'd realised he was simply not worth her time or anyone else's. Now Professor Slughorn stood behind the desk looking over his stack of books.

"Athena Sinistra" he smiled in equal enthusiasm which was slightly surprising. Athena had never been great at potions.

"It's great to see you" said Athena, "I had no idea you were coming back"

"Well I wasn't" Slughorn replied with a sigh, "Dumbledore persuaded me as always, he has his ways you see"

"On I know" Athena laughed.

"I was glad when I heard you and your sister were teachers now. I always knew Aurora would go on to teach astronomy. She had great talent in whatever she put her mind too and I've heard from the students that you do an excellent job"

"I like to think I do" Athena smiled, "Harry told me you've got the slug club up and running again"

"Yes it was always my favourite part of this job, finding incredible students and helping them reach what their talent stretches towards" Slughorn nodded, "well I knew as soon as I took the job that I'd have to have Harry in the club. The slug club without Harry Potter, well what a laughing stock I would be"

"Yeah" Athena frowned slightly, "well if you're planning on having one of your Christmas parties let me know"

"Oh of course I will. It'll be just like old times" Slughorn beamed, "well not exactly like old times, things aren't quite the same as they used to be. Things feel awfully darker. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yeah I would" Athena muttered, "but they've never exactly been bright"

"I suppose not" Slughorn pondered, "it's nice to see you again Athena Sinistra"

"Yes you too Professor, I'll see you around" Athena smiled again before she turned and walked out of the dungeons.

☽☽☽

Athena saw Remus as soon as she stepped out of the Grimmauld place fire. Meetings were still being held here. The house and pretty much everything in it had been passed down to Harry. Apparently Sirius had requested this a while ago. He hadn't been planning to pass so he'd never had the chance to get a proper will in order.

It felt weird being in Grimmauld place so much without Sirius. Athena hated most minutes of it and often wished for it to be over. The memory of Sirius was still one that would make her cry, luckily she could control it so she didn't burst into tears at every opportunity.