(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) detention in the forest

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HARRY, HERMIONE AND NEVILLE had become very unpopular following the events of the dragon incident. Athena had seen this coming, students were often very protective over their house points that they'd worked hard for and the fact that three first years had lost 150 of these in one night was a shocking and terribly annoying revelation.

Ron was condemned purely from hanging around with them even if his slate was clear. Athena felt especially bad for Neville who in her eyes hadn't even done anything wrong. He'd been scared and tricked, more importantly he'd come to Athena for help and she felt as though she had failed him.

She knew it would wear off. Athena had high hopes that if Harry won the final quidditch match against Ravenclaw, his popularity would be restored. As for Hermione and Neville, she supposed that others would soon forget what had happened.

Athena recalled back when she was at school, the marauders would lose points constantly and everyone would go back to loving them after a couple of weeks. One time their elaborate fourth year prank against the Slytherins had lost them nearly all the points in Gryffindor however the euphoria of seeing the Slytherins in pale pink robes completely made up for it.

She found out about the detention from Snape who was both incredibly happy and annoyed about what had happened. He'd mentioned it in an off hand comment when they'd sat together in silence at breakfast.

Athena loved ignoring him mainly because he became very bitter over it however this comment had caused her to drop her fork with a loud clang and turn to him in surprise.

"What did you say?" She asked,

"I said Potter, Granger, Longbottom and Malfoy are doing their detention in the forbidden forest"

Athena jumped up in immediate frustration, ignoring Snape's complaints about Malfoy's involvement as she strode out of the hall and towards McGonagall's office.

Knocking harshly on the wooden door, she waited a moment before she heard the call from inside. McGonagall was sitting looking through files, flicking through them with her wand as she mused patiently to herself.

"The forbidden forest?" Athena asked in horror, "you're sending four first years into the forbidden forest at night?"

McGonagall looked up with her eyebrows raised, the files falling from their hovering position in the air and back onto the desk.

"They'll be accompanied by Hagrid"

"It's not safe! Children are banned from there for a reason, they're eleven years old that's ridiculous"

"I assure you they'll be perfectly safe" McGonagall stated simply, "it was Hagrid's request"

"And you allowed it?" Athena continued, "I don't know if you remember Professor but back in my fifth year you gave me detention in the forbidden forest"