(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) the guard

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HATED FLYING. She was more than grateful when the group arrived in the back garden of Harry's 'home'. The night was almost silent, the faint hoot of an owl could be heard through the rustling leaves.

She was the last to land, her feat hitting painfully off the grass as she stumbled off the broom. Everyone else had managed it perfectly. Remus was there to help her gain her balance but she didn't miss the small amused smile as he did so conveying that he was enjoying seeing something she wasn't good at.

Turns out, Dumbledore had more close friends on the order than Athena had realised. She saw the return of some familiar faces that night including Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance and Sturgis Podmore.

She believed it entirely unnecessary to have this many accompanying the group to collect Harry. Moody, Tonks and Kingsley (alongside Athena and Remus) were specifically chosen to go however once everyone else had gotten wind of a rescue mission for the 'chosen one' they'd all been determined to come along.

Moody led the way towards the house, unlocking the back door easily and opening it wide for everyone to pour in. Athena visibly rolled her eyes as Diggle and Podmore got stuck in the door due to their enthusiasm to get inside. Athena wanted to tell them that Harry was simply a teenage boy not a celebrity but she decided it wasn't worth wasting her energy.

The kitchen was dark and for a moment all that could be heard was steady breathing and shifting footsteps.

Then there was a sudden crash

"What was that?" Athena hissed.

"Sorry" Tonks muttered immediately. A light formed at the tip of Moody's wand and they all found themselves staring at a broken glass over the tiled kitchen floor.

"Just what we need" Moody muttered in frustration, "come on get going"

Tonks fixed the glass with a wave of her wand and restored it to one of the counters before the group shuffled off after Moody. Athena and Remus were closest behind when they rounded the corner and headed towards the staircase.

It was so dark, Athena couldn't see anything except shadows however as they approached the stairs, Moody put out his arm and Athena walked stupidly into it.

"Lower your wand, boy, before you take someone's eye out,' said Moody in a low, growling voice.

"Professor Moody?" the voice of Harry came from the stairs, sounding uncertain.

"I don't know so much about "Professor"," Moody scoffed, "never got round to much teaching, did I? Get down here, we want to see you properly."

"It's all right, Harry. We've come to take you away." Remus added softly.

"P-Professor Lupin?" Harry said disbelievingly. "Is that you?"

"Why are we all standing in the dark?' said Tonks "Lumos."