(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟗) pink nightmare

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SOMETHING WAS WRONG AT HOGWARTS. Athena could feel it in the air, a shuddering chill that seemed to take everyone into an enchantment of anxiety and ongoing confusion. Athena felt it too but for a while she wasn't sure what had happened to dim the lights of the lanterns and turn the smiles of the students faces in the opposite direction.

She was aware that it was putting a large damper onto her mood. Athena loved seeing the students happy, it reinstated the idea that she was doing something good at this school. It was one of the main reasons she was here in the first place, lord knows it had nothing to do with wanting to work for Dumbledore.

Athena wished that her concentration was tuned into every student with the same level of care however all teachers could relate to the fact that there were always students that would stand out in their eyes more than others.

She had a large bias in being worried about Harry considering he was more than simply her student. Athena noticed the shift in mood among most of the students (except of course the first years who seemed oblivious to anything going on) however she'd specifically noticed it in Harry.

He walked around in a wave of fury the majority of the time. To everyone around him he made it seem as though he was mad at the world. The boy had more right than others to have this attitude. The world had never treated him very fairly.

Despite this, Athena couldn't help but think that Harry had never acted like this before. Not exactly like this anyway. There's been times when she'd seen his anger such as when he was picked as Triwizard champion or found out that Sirius Black was in fact his godfather.

This was worse. After being locked away the entire summer with no facts about anything never mind information about the war. After nearly being excluded from Hogwarts he was being ignored by the one who could give him information (Dumbledore) and now on top of everything else, no one seemed to believed that he was sane.

The prophet was doing a brilliant job of creating the impression that Harry was losing it, that his story was nothing more than a forgery of lies. The information spread faster than a virus through the gullible students and now Harry couldn't walk down the corridor without being hurled some form of abuse.

Athena wished she could do something about this but it was impossible. People believed what they wanted to believe and she had no hold over opinions. It's not as though she had any proof of Voldemort's return. The proof was Harry and if people refused to believe him there was little hope of creating a feeble gathering, the idea of a full scale uprising was therefore a comedy show rather than a reality.

☽☽☽

Athena was lost in her own mind a lot of the time. This time in particular. She'd been put on her nightly patrol which (despite being a job for the prefects) had to be completed by the teachers as students were often incompetent especially regarding their friends.