(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) back to ben

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HADN'T SPENT CHRISTMAS AT HOGWARTS IN YEARS not since she had met Ben. Since then she always spent the two weeks holidays with him mainly because it was one of the only times that she could see him.

However, seeing the festive decorations lining the castle, staying was rather tempting. Hogwarts always went out with decorations, the biggest Christmas tree that Athena had ever seen sat at the head of the hall and real live fairies were flying around near the ceiling.

Despite this, Athena couldn't wait to see Ben. She'd missed him a lot, just talking to someone outside of school was a rare occasion. Of course she talked to him on the phone every week however it wasn't quite the same hearing his words through a muffled receiver.

Therefore, going home seemed like a joyous and very welcome idea. She'd packed her bag a few days in advance and imagined what her holidays would be like.

At first she had worried about Harry staying in the castle on his own at Christmas however after learning that Ron would be staying as his parents were visiting Charlie in Romania, Athena was sure that he would have a great time.

As Athena dragged her bag into the great hall before she left, she spotted Harry and Ron sitting at the Gryffindor table amongst all the Christmas magic playing a game of chess.

She paced over and sat down on the seat beside Harry. Ron was winning the game of chess by a lot, Athena wasn't very good at it herself but she could tell by the amount of white pieces sitting at the side (Harry was playing white)

"Right you two, I'm leaving now so I don't want to come back hearing that you've got yourself into horrendous trouble ok?"

"Of course, wouldn't dream of it" Ron smiled sweetly,

"We won't, don't worry Rena. We're spending the Christmas holidays trying to find out who Nicholas Flammel is, unless of course you can tell us first?"

Athena's face dropped just as Ron's knight smashed up a pawn,

"I thought I told you to drop this Harry"

"I will if you tell me who he is" Harry continued and Athena sighed loudly.

"I'm not encouraging this weird obsession you have, really Harry it isn't all that interesting"

"It's being guarded by a three headed dog" Ron pointed out,

"Keep your voice down" Athena hushed, "look I'm sure nothing I can say at this point will make a difference but I highly encourage that you don't pursue this and enjoy your Christmas at the school"